Team Losi JRXS

Old 11-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91
Thanks for the info, I'm trying to decide if I should wait for the arms or buy some brackets.
Yeah i was in that same situation 3 months back i decided i had enough of waiting, well i was just frustrated to see my friends JRXS work so smoothly with the PK bars and i could not wait any longer.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

EA needs to be kissin' and few more butts before he gets a LOSI ride. His nose is just not brown enough yet! lol lol lol

Nuthin' but love, young grasshoppa'...............
Old 11-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Never know.. maybe the light will shine this winter....LOL

EA
Well Crap!!!! OK boys I guess the word is finally out about how great our car is so we better close this thread before others jump on the band wagon. I don't want just anybody running a JRXS ya know! ( EA its ok for you to get another one just don't tell anybody. shhhhh.....)

Brant
Old 11-11-2005, 07:03 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing
EA needs to be kissin' and few more butts before he gets a LOSI ride. His nose is just not brown enough yet! lol lol lol

Nuthin' but love, young grasshoppa'...............
I hear you there Mr Prince of the butt kissing!! LOL

EA
Old 11-11-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oh yea....And of all the cars I ran at our home track outside this year (yokomo BD, Yokomo WSD, Corally and Losi) guess which one was the fastest.....Losi.

EA
I love my RDX-but I think the JRXS is the fastest car ive driven in a long time. It takes a lot of packs to get used to it for me, while others feel comfy right away. But theres no bad cars.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I keep having people call me and tell me that "others" think I am a pain in the arse on the internet... So I figured I'd spend a few days living up to that!! LOL

EA
EA, you're an arse! J/K Good to see you on here. I think that light has started to shine around my local track. Up to 5 Losi's now.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Well Crap!!!! OK boys I guess the word is finally out about how great our car is so we better close this thread before others jump on the band wagon. I don't want just anybody running a JRXS ya know! ( EA its ok for you to get another one just don't tell anybody. shhhhh.....)

Brant
I totally agree!!! i hate it when every one drives the same car and most of them will just take somes ones setup and if it dont' work for them they will slam the car. Been there about 8 years ago with the Yokomo YR4 series car.

To All: as far as speed the only other car that was as or i would say more efficent drive train is the Kyosho KX-ONE that car is fast it. If the car can only turn it would dominate but it has too much roll. But i fell the JRXS has the most balance aside from my Ova which is now collecting dust. If i can find parts for the OVa i will rock that car one more time.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

5th scaleracer-I was wondering about taking a Ova -the mid motor car and using its drivetrain and bulkheads, but starting fresh on suspension. You appear to have the resources to make cusom bits! Come up with something cool
Old 11-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rayhuang
5th scaleracer-I was wondering about taking a Ova -the mid motor car and using its drivetrain and bulkheads, but starting fresh on suspension. You appear to have the resources to make cusom bits! Come up with something cool
Actually the JRXS has a better design than the OVa. The mid motor mount is actually 2mm taller than the JRXS, Differentials are actually HPI diff out drives (short side only) and the HPI pulley. Aside form that it's all Ova.

I have been looking on revising the ova, the suspension it has now is very good. the only problems are the C hubs and the knuckels those are all HPI or you can run Yokomo. On mine i actually have a Tamiya F201 suspension palte setup as a front sway bar using Yokomo Hubs and Tamiya C hubs. Rear end is Tamiya Hubs. Ova suspension arms. The car is very balanced and very good in handling it's like a pan car with full suspension. Only draw back is the drive train it is not efficient. I chose the JRXS because it was just like the ova in design just updated but the drive train is of the JRXS is 100% more efficient!!!

Probably i will look into making a car of my own? but at the moment i have my 1/5 RC cars which i am making stuff for now thats taking allot of my time. I have actually quit racign these huge monsters for a year now to do 1/10 scale but i still produce parts for them.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-picture-450.jpg   Team Losi JRXS-picture-451.jpg  
Old 11-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what would you guys/ladies do too lower heat on the rear tires...halfway through the race the backend starts to wash out...whats a general rule of thumb for lowering rear operating tire temperatures? (i was guessing softer rear springs? theres gotta be other things to ttry though)

Thanks
Old 11-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
what would you guys/ladies do too lower heat on the rear tires...halfway through the race the backend starts to wash out...whats a general rule of thumb for lowering rear operating tire temperatures? (i was guessing softer rear springs? theres gotta be other things to ttry though)

Thanks
I had that problem the first few batteries I ran the car. My offroad habbits was kicking in and I was driving deep, pivoting the car around the corner dots and punching it out. I didn't change anything on setup just changed my lines and drove smoother. The heat comes from steering the car with the rear end.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks
Take out dual rate and use the freaking brakes.... That way it forces you to slow down and not swing the rear end around.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks
it's setup on the car try somethign different probably softer rear spring because if the rear tires are getting to hot your letting the tires do 90% of the work and the suspension doing 10% of the work. You need to find a shock spring combo that will allow you not to heat up the tire and also limit body roll. try messing with the up travel limiters when you go with a softer spring. this way if you use a real soft spring the car will roll then when it hits the limiter it will stop and force the tire to do some work.

i can't say exactly what can help you but in my case using 36R's i ended up softening the rear with lighter oil change shock pisition and also change the camber rate basically used a different camber hole in the rear tower, and adjusted the up travel screws this had cured allot of things.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have always been a firm believer of soft springs and heavy bars.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anyone know what size screws and length are used for the TH brackets that 5thscaleracer sells? I know the bottom one that connects the brackets to the arms is a 4-40 3/8'' button head screw. But what are the other two?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.