Team Losi JRXS

Old 11-05-2005, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have been running my own set-up on the JRX-S for a while now. I seem to be getting fast laps and decently consistent...but everyone once in a while I will have a lap that is 4 tenths slower or a jerky move that costs me a few seconds. I am going to try the Newman setup on it. I am looking for consistency at first. I don't even care if my lap times drop initially as long as I am getting lap times that are consistent. From what everyone is saying the Newman setup will make the car easier to drive. I wonder when people say "easier to drive" they mean a car that pushes slighty. Because every time I use a setup that is supposedly "easy to drive" it seems I never have enough steering. I guess it's just the driving style
Old 11-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WD40
I have been running my own set-up on the JRX-S for a while now. I seem to be getting fast laps and decently consistent...but everyone once in a while I will have a lap that is 4 tenths slower or a jerky move that costs me a few seconds. I am going to try the Newman setup on it. I am looking for consistency at first. I don't even care if my lap times drop initially as long as I am getting lap times that are consistent. From what everyone is saying the Newman setup will make the car easier to drive. I wonder when people say "easier to drive" they mean a car that pushes slighty. Because every time I use a setup that is supposedly "easy to drive" it seems I never have enough steering. I guess it's just the driving style
For me the Numan set-up gave up no steering over the kit set-up. It settled the car down and allowed for me to make more of the fast lap times that I could hit with the kit set-up. If you put the Numan on it and you need more center out steering then run the 6 deg. blocks. If then you need more turn in go from the .100 shims to .80 under the front roll center blocks. Try that and you should be very close. Good Luck

Brant
Old 11-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Matt, congrats on your new deal. I know you'll love the JRSX.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:18 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Anybody try the Numan setup on carpet?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Anybody try the Numan setup on carpet?
Just got back from racing today, stock, sorex 24R rubbers on carpet, the car was on rails. I am using the Newman set-up as a base and have made some changes to suit the track and my driving. Thanks for that idea about the front roll center Brant, switched to the 6 deg. And taking out 1 spacer might be the slight adjustment to make it better!!
The carpet over here in the UK is different then ozite so I don’t know how it would be back at home? When I got over here 1 ˝ years ago it took the guys a month before they told the Yank (me) to work from a “tarmac” set-up instead of a carpet set-up…lol. Any you UK guys want to try my set-up just ask.

Justin
Old 11-06-2005, 11:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Numan
I'm over it!

DUH!

-Joshy Noooman
haha, looks like the evicerator got on your name, gotta watch out for that guy
Old 11-06-2005, 11:30 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

You run the spool?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default "The way forward"

One more thing. Does any-one really know the concept and thought about going to a rear mounted motor design? I believe it was stated that it gives the car more rear grip (I could be wrong) but it seems most of the teams testing has been done at carpet events where the traction is huge. (I could be wrong again) I am all about getting a better product but the thought of the R&D of our current car slowing down for trying to get a new layout kind of frustrating. (Unless we get that chassis in the distant future) It just seems that a lot are going up for sale with the realization of a new chassis on the horizon seeming to be a reality. (Some with guys that seemed to be happy with the car on this forum.)
This is my first Losi and I am happy with the quality and the performance, just seems like new option parts are taking a long time to get in our hands, trying to be patient. Is this a similar situation to when the XXX-S was released? I am going to stick with it because of the great luck I have been having, just might hold off on buying a back-up chassis tell things become a-little clearer on the “way forward”
Old 11-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
You run the spool?
Yep, just running the spool pads, works great
Old 11-06-2005, 12:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Losi's idea behind the JRXS was basically to make it competitive in any situation, it's one of the most tunable cars on the market with it's shocks, adjustable shock tower height, rear upper deck, high or low drag link and so on. The new car that is being tested isn't really a new car, it's a JRXS with a rear motor. *If* it gets released, I highly doubt it will be a replacement for the JRXS, but most likely a conversion kit that will act as yet one more tuning aid.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Another TQ this weekend but unfortantly while leading the race I made a stupid mistake which took me back a spot and didn't have time to make it up. I finished 2nd.

Here's the running setup sheet. I'm getting the car more tuned into my liking and the track. I'll be taking the car to another track (much bigger) this next weekend, so I'll see where what I can do with it there.

Here's my running setup as somone requested last week. Still based alot off of Paul C's setup with a few changes. Many thanks to the guys at JRXS.com for the editable setup sheet.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-10.04.05.weliin.jrxs.gif  
Old 11-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Werliin!!! Thanks for using the blue font! I can actually read this set-up sheet for a change. LOL

Brant
Old 11-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jland
Just got back from racing today, stock, sorex 24R rubbers on carpet, the car was on rails. I am using the Newman set-up as a base and have made some changes to suit the track and my driving. Thanks for that idea about the front roll center Brant, switched to the 6 deg. And taking out 1 spacer might be the slight adjustment to make it better!!
The carpet over here in the UK is different then ozite so I don’t know how it would be back at home? When I got over here 1 ˝ years ago it took the guys a month before they told the Yank (me) to work from a “tarmac” set-up instead of a carpet set-up…lol. Any you UK guys want to try my set-up just ask.

Justin
Justin I'm glad it and the brackets are doing you some good. If you or any of the other guys build the front camber mod be ready for its increase in steering. I finally got it dialed in after I rasied my rear roll center 1 thin shim and used the middle inner most hole for my rear cmaber link. After that the car was knocking down fast lap times over and over (unless I screwed it up) and it felt slow as I had plenty of steering and rear traction. I had a couple of the other guys drive it and they agreed on how well it felt. Just an idea and hope this helps.

Brant
Old 11-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah I like blue!

I'll be trying the new front camber link design this weekend. I got the parts and I was waiting until I got a feel for the car and it's adjustments before making the change. If this mod truely let's me lock down the rear end more while keeping the steering I have then lap consistancy and easy of fast laps will just get better.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jland

Justin
Any chance you could send it to me?

Thanks

Tim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.