Team Losi JRXS

Old 11-05-2005, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default JRXS SHOCKS

Anybody know when Losi will be releasing the JRXS shock kits?????????
Old 11-05-2005, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Brant,

Here is an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY kiddo.

So, you were born on Veterans Day. And it's 1 day shy of 20 years after mine...

Bill

Thank You Sir! Yes on my birthday flags will Fly! And there will be a Parade downtown! You are all invited! No RSVP just hang out by the curb and I will toss you some candy as we parade by.

Now Bill! You get over in Matt or Todd's pitts and get me a set of those new arms for my B-day! LOL

Brant
Old 11-05-2005, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
Anybody know when Losi will be releasing the JRXS shock kits?????????
On the Horizon web site under new releases, it list the shock kits as Not Yet Available and Due out In July. Here is the page its listed on:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...on=ASC&Page=12

Brant
Old 11-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

The JRX-S thread is one of the best on Rc-Tech, informative AND definately entertaining!

.....Jim
Old 11-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

How young are ya Pookyt?

Not how old cause we know how old you act :P

Im sure gonna try to make it back to the BTH race again next year. Outdoor sedan was too much fun. And really the weather wasnt any worse than its gets over here in July. Definitely worth the trip.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default JRXS SHOCKS

Has anybody swapped out there stock JRXS shocks and is willing to sell them.

The JRXS shock kit is not out and they are way too expensive to piece together.

Thanks,
E
Old 11-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ill sell ya 2 JRXS's then youll have 8 full shocks
Old 11-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
How young are ya Pookyt?

Not how old cause we know how old you act :P

Im sure gonna try to make it back to the BTH race again next year. Outdoor sedan was too much fun. And really the weather wasnt any worse than its gets over here in July. Definitely worth the trip.
I shall be 38 on the 11th. Going on 21! LOL I hope you and the gang will be back next year for the Beat the Heat race. We had a blast on that gigantic track.

Brant
Old 11-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Maybe I can hit that and a few other small events. I don't run enough onroad to do the snowbirds and stuff like that. Plus, ive only got so much vacation time and funding lol. We have pretty much only been doing dirt oval around here. Did some nitro and electric sprint but im ready to get back to sedan and maybe some offroad. The stuff is just setting.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
Maybe I can hit that and a few other small events. I don't run enough onroad to do the snowbirds and stuff like that. Plus, ive only got so much vacation time and funding lol. We have pretty much only been doing dirt oval around here. Did some nitro and electric sprint but im ready to get back to sedan and maybe some offroad. The stuff is just setting.
Lets plan it now and hit the nats in June hommer! I've never been to Cali. Seems like a good reason to go! LOl

Brant
Old 11-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Hey Guys, I need help! I race on extremely high-bite carpet.The rear end of my JRXS snaps around, loose doesn't begin to describe it! The front end has 35 rate springs, 40w oil,the shock is mounted in the #3 on the shock tower. The droop is set at 3. I've tried 4 and 6 degree caster blocks.I'm also running a one way.The camber is set at 2 degrees.
The rear end has 20 rate springs, 40w oil,the shock is mounted in hole #2 on the shock tower and the outer hole on the arm.I've tried Droop setting of 3 and 2.I've tried camber settings of 2 and 3 degrees.The rear camber rods are mounted in the #4 hole on the shock tower.
I use CS-27 tires, I've tried two different sets.I'm thinking this isn't an adjustment issue but maybe something is tweaked or broken? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

raise or lengthen rear camber links...take that one-way out and run a diff and no one way pulley...add a front sway bar....softer springs inthe back...lots of stuff to try
Old 11-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I would try a front diff before anything else. Especially if your car is loose under braking or under power coming out of turns, where a one way is best for added steering. The problem is carpet is very aggressive, so a one way will almost always be too much on carpet...............Jim
Old 11-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91
Hey Guys, I need help! I race on extremely high-bite carpet.The rear end of my JRXS snaps around, loose doesn't begin to describe it! The front end has 35 rate springs, 40w oil,the shock is mounted in the #3 on the shock tower. The droop is set at 3. I've tried 4 and 6 degree caster blocks.I'm also running a one way.The camber is set at 2 degrees.
The rear end has 20 rate springs, 40w oil,the shock is mounted in hole #2 on the shock tower and the outer hole on the arm.I've tried Droop setting of 3 and 2.I've tried camber settings of 2 and 3 degrees.The rear camber rods are mounted in the #4 hole on the shock tower.
I use CS-27 tires, I've tried two different sets.I'm thinking this isn't an adjustment issue but maybe something is tweaked or broken? Any help would be appreciated.
From your setup... i would do this...
5mm ride height
4 droop front and rear
15lb sprign front 35wt oil
20lb spring rear 50wt oil
try no preload on the spring at first and slowly work your way stiffer on the rear. the front you can have a 1.5mm preload distance from bottom of shock cap to top of the rotating cup.
run the diff in a high position 2 deg block use the Stand up the shocks to like the #2 position. use the outer most hole on the lower shock setting.
Run -1 deg camber front and rear 0 toe in the front.

The tighter the diff gets in the rear the more the car will push with the one way. the looser it gest the more the rear end kicks out.

thats my 2cents....
Old 11-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

What shims are you running on the front and rear for roll centers?

If you like a one-way I would try raising the front roll center and the rear. Raising the front will take away steering and raising the rear will help lock it in.

Brant

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.