R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-19-2005, 11:26 AM   #8416
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Tracey, I would say to use the stock springs if you aren't using the BK brackets for the Numan set up. The softer springs in the Numan set up are specifically for the BK brackets and will make the car feel strange on the track I would think(never tried it).

If I understood your post correctly, Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:26 PM   #8417
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
Yes it would be cool if a car was made like with all the cool stuff from each company. I think the problem is what is the cool must need stuff as everyones opinion differs some on this. Only other drawback I see if a car has so many features I think a point comes that it has too many features and many get lost. The TC3 has been so good partially because it didn't have a ton of adjustments. I think the XXX-S falls into the dsame catagory as the TC3.

It is hard to have everything on one car. You just must pick the one that has the features you want.
Yea....agree, I think the TC3/XXX-S fall into this catagory. Cars with vertical ball studs make tunning harder for new people, but I tend to like them. I think ajustments on the Xray for anti dirve, anti squat, and steering adjustments are very easy to make. I like the Corraly spur gear adjustment for fine tunning tension and easy removal. BD for easy diff accsess. I'm just putting my Xray05 together, but I'm assuming I can get a round hex driver in there and make quick adjustment to those features. I hope. A car could be made to have both vertical ball studs and rollcenter adjustments on the shock tower. Just looking at the Xray bulkheads it could be done very easily. A feature that would add to both likes, go quick/easy with shock towers or let the vet racer fine tune it with vertical studs. Chassis balance holes are another great feature you don't see on many chassis.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:47 PM   #8418
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Tracey, I would say to use the stock springs if you aren't using the BK brackets for the Numan set up. The softer springs in the Numan set up are specifically for the BK brackets and will make the car feel strange on the track I would think(never tried it).

If I understood your post correctly, Jim
Agreed, it sounds like it would be waaaay too soft at the front, this will cause you no end of trouble. Change the springs to stock (maybe a little lighter at the front) and go from there.
Or get some brackets!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 04:42 PM   #8419
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Brant,
I don't think you'd get Todd or anyone else for that matter to wax your butt... you're all on your own with that one buddy!

(Disclamer: Sorry couldn't help myself.....hehehehe)

Wussie !!!

I suppose the bikini wax is a lil over the top too?

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:48 PM   #8420
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Raising the front diff will keep the car flatter. Why? You will have more dogbone pin scrub in outdrive as the suspension goes through its movement.

The diff height will not cancel out the roll center change.
Thanks for the info, Todd. Glad you saw it in the middle of the raging debate! I never would of thought raising the diff would affect the car in that way, but I can see the reasoning. I be sure to try it this weekend to see first hand.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:19 PM   #8421
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will try the kit springs and see what happens I have been persuing(sp)
BK brackets also. I well try them as soon as I can, but for now I have put the rubber tires aside. I am curently starting to get ready for the Cleveland indoor Champs so those rubber tires will sit for awhile. I should have new arms or brackets by then I hope...

please tell me that with CS27's I will be able to get this car hooked up on carpet or is lose something I will have to live with??

someone asked about tweek. I have checked and rechecked it all looks good
the car is lose in left and right turns but fast as hell...

thanks to all for the help I will let you know of my progress...

-Tracey
Traceyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:47 PM   #8422
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
Wussie !!!

I suppose the bikini wax is a lil over the top too?

Brant
Not that I'm offering, but it wouldn't be too hard seeing your the only bloke I know that wears a thong back to front.... (not a good look, really )

PS> Bill told me... you two are very tight.....
Old 10-19-2005, 06:50 PM   #8423
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to HK Racing Joe

I'm looking into buying a new car and the JRX-S was one of the cars on my list. Will i need anything besides small things like springs and oil to run it on carpet with foams?
HK Racing Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:54 PM   #8424
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

possibly some pivot blocks and hub carriers, but thats about it beside springs and oil

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:14 PM   #8425
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
Yea....agree, I think the TC3/XXX-S fall into this catagory. Cars with vertical ball studs make tunning harder for new people, but I tend to like them. I think ajustments on the Xray for anti dirve, anti squat, and steering adjustments are very easy to make. I like the Corraly spur gear adjustment for fine tunning tension and easy removal. BD for easy diff accsess. I'm just putting my Xray05 together, but I'm assuming I can get a round hex driver in there and make quick adjustment to those features. I hope. A car could be made to have both vertical ball studs and rollcenter adjustments on the shock tower. Just looking at the Xray bulkheads it could be done very easily. A feature that would add to both likes, go quick/easy with shock towers or let the vet racer fine tune it with vertical studs. Chassis balance holes are another great feature you don't see on many chassis.
Problem for me is I like alot of different touring car for various reasons and tried most of them. I came to realize one thing over the last 6 years. You don't need every new car that comes along as many of times the older one is at least just as fast. For Team drivers its great to get new stuff all the time and most of them would say the new stuff is better (Thats their job to help sell product) and I don't hold that against them but many of times the new stuff is just not better but different. For some it will work better for some it will not.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:16 PM   #8426
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

My new to me JRXS showed up today and it has the Josh Neuman setup alreay on it so I need to wire it up and get it ready for Saturday to see how it works. Car is awesome looking and the drivetrain is as smooth as any belt drive I have felt. Can't wait to run it.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:05 PM   #8427
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Not that I'm offering, but it wouldn't be too hard seeing your the only bloke I know that wears a thong back to front.... (not a good look, really )

PS> Bill told me... you two are very tight.....
Well.....I just figured the big flap should cover the larger area and I used the front string like an antenna on a 1/12th scaler.

And Bill don't really know he tends to make stuff up. He keeps vodka in his shock oil bottles ya know

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:50 AM   #8428
Tech Apprentice

I'm getting back into racing after a year or so off. I'm planning to get a JRX-S as soon as I find a good deal on one.

I'll start back reading the forum but got a few quick questions.

Which body is best for the car on tight carpet tracks….the track I’ll be racing at is approximately 65x40 feet. The layouts tend to be very point and shoot (example 180 deg turn, followed by another 180 deg turn)

From the box stock configuration, which upgrades do I need? I think I need the following:
- Front Caster 4 and 6 deg
- Springs…and more springs.
- Shock Oils
- Sway bar kits.
For setup, which carpet setup should do I start with?
weliin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:56 AM   #8429
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weliin
For setup, which carpet setup should do I start with?
What class? Rubber or foam?

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:03 AM   #8430
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
My new to me JRXS showed up today and it has the Josh Neuman setup alreay on it so I need to wire it up and get it ready for Saturday to see how it works. Car is awesome looking and the drivetrain is as smooth as any belt drive I have felt. Can't wait to run it.

This car is fast so watch out!!!!
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote