R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-18-2005, 06:20 PM   #8401
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
I have personally have not seen any tweaked cars out of the box. I can see this happening if you do not make sure the top plates are pushed down on the bulkheads correctly or the front plate being put on upside down.
I have to agree with the original poster on this point. The front top plate on my car had trouble fitting. The tabs with the screw holes in the rear were just a bit too long and pushed against the vertical portions of the motor mount & center bulk heads. This made it very difficult to get the top plate to fit well and screw down fully. I sanded off the edges of these tabs just slightly and opened up the pin holes a tiny bit and now the plate fits snugly, but with no binding or resistance.

Ira
iblumberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:36 PM   #8402
Tech Elite

Geez! We JRXS guys are a lil protective HUH? LMAO I agree we all of you guys. I liked my XXXS and loved the G+ but they are not as fast as my JRXS..PERIOD! That doesn't mean Todd couldn't come to my track and wax my butt with his old G+. I too have had local x-ray and Tamiya guys drive my car( on the good days ) and they all agree its fast and easy to drive. I went to my regional this past Sat. in Jackson MS. and I received several compliments on how my car handled on the track. No body complimented the driver!.....But!.....Ya can't have everything.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:04 PM   #8403
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
Can someone remind me what raising the front diff will do to the handling of the car. Is it a drastic change? Does it make the front end want to lean more? Just curious, because I have been running a low diff since I got the car. But now I have the front roll center high + 1 thick shim, and with a low diff, the suspension arm rubs the out drive at full suspension compression. I was going to try to raise the roll center further to try and make the car corner flatter, but it seems I'm going to have to raise the diff to do this. Will the diff height cancel out the roll center change? Thoughts? Thanks for the help!

Raising the front diff will keep the car flatter. Why? You will have more dogbone pin scrub in outdrive as the suspension goes through its movement.

The diff height will not cancel out the roll center change.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:20 PM   #8404
Tech Addict

"injonah, in response to your post about the Fall Classic race in CO being won by a XXX-s, that is incorrect. The Mod Touring A main was won by a JRXS not a XXX-s per your earlier post. I also still own my XXX-s G+ which is still a
fine car, but I also have JRXS and it is a much better handling car than my XXX-s. So my vote goes to the JRXS."

Not incorrect, but I was not specific enough, the stock class was one by an XXX-S. The stock class had close to 60 entries the mod if I remember had less than 20. I don't know about you but I thought Cato's stock win was pretty impressive.
but thanks for your comparison since you run both it is valuable information that your experience is that the JXRS is noticebly better handling.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:17 PM   #8405
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok guys help please? I am running the JRXS on carpet, with foams and Paul C's setup. the car is great, best touring car I have driven. The trouble starts with a local serise that is running on rubber CS27 spec tire. Ok I have changed the car to the Newman setup with everything changed except the BK brackets or new arms the car is fast but very hard to drive with any faith that the rear end will be where you expect it to be. What, is it the wrong setup? will the brackets help? or is it that the tires limit the rear traction that much. Oh I should say I have never driven rubber tires on carpet so I have no idea what to expect from this type of setup. I like foams much better that glued to the track feel got to love that...

-Tracey
Traceyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:22 PM   #8406
TCR
Tech Addict

Brackets

yes

=)
TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:35 PM   #8407
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I give it to Todd H. for handling...

imput correctly. He does a great job at the shots fired. He is so much better than other reps from other companies. Keep up the good work. I'm just a XXX-S fan, bottom line.

Jamee, chill out buddy and take some blood pressure meds. I'm sorry I came between you and your car's love relationship.

No one can deny that what I mentioned isn't true. A tc with those features would be impressive and severly desired.

WYD...your right...every car has it's issues. But wonldn't it be great if a company took the best features from each car and put it all into one? Just suck up their pride and give the comsumer the best features. They can laugh all the way to the bank. Xray guys have problems with the softer aluminum wheel axles. The spring steel ones fix the problem.

Until the return. Later...

Last edited by RCknight; 10-18-2005 at 10:49 PM.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:10 PM   #8408
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceyf
Ok guys help please? I am running the JRXS on carpet, with foams and Paul C's setup. the car is great, best touring car I have driven. The trouble starts with a local serise that is running on rubber CS27 spec tire. Ok I have changed the car to the Newman setup with everything changed except the BK brackets or new arms the car is fast but very hard to drive with any faith that the rear end will be where you expect it to be. What, is it the wrong setup? will the brackets help? or is it that the tires limit the rear traction that much. Oh I should say I have never driven rubber tires on carpet so I have no idea what to expect from this type of setup. I like foams much better that glued to the track feel got to love that...

-Tracey
Going into or coming out of a corner?
What springs are you using if you aren't running brackets?
And what body are you using....If it is the Skoda...shhhh get something else...(sorry Todd ) I found it really loose at the rear esp. out of corners.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:36 PM   #8409
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNSTABLE
Going into or coming out of a corner?
What springs are you using if you aren't running brackets?
And what body are you using....If it is the Skoda...shhhh get something else...(sorry Todd ) I found it really loose at the rear esp. out of corners.
I would say that it is lose on exit, turns in good. I have to turn steering down
the car turns maybe 360 degrees in I would say 6.5 feet.

I have tried Newman 10.5 and 15 and also 12.5/20 front/rear I have all the springs up to 60 I think.

body is per serise rules two door gt style BMW m3gt. I know this is not the best body. on foam I run the parma alpha.

am I correct in thinking that the Bk brackets will effect the shocks in that they will be softer? this car is sprung lighter than any I have looked at, at the track. As I said it is the Newman setup less the brackets. I have tried a front sway bar with some positive effect and the spool helped until it came lose...

-Tracey
Traceyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:04 AM   #8410
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to promatchracer

Ok guys and gals I just spent atleast 45 minutes looking for the answers to these ? can soem one help me

Where can I get the P-Dub(I think that is what it is called) bumber ?

Also does anybody else make a large batt tray for the JRXS ?

Do you have to special order the arms with the BK brackets built If they are even out yet

I just got my JRXS and haven't raced it yet So I want to make sure I have all the stuff I need

Thanks

Casey
promatchracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:30 AM   #8411
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
That doesn't mean Todd couldn't come to my track and wax my butt
Brant,
I don't think you'd get Todd or anyone else for that matter to wax your butt... you're all on your own with that one buddy!

(Disclamer: Sorry couldn't help myself.....hehehehe)
Old 10-19-2005, 04:44 AM   #8412
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375

Quote:
Originally Posted by promatchracer
Ok guys and gals I just spent atleast 45 minutes looking for the answers to these ? can soem one help me

Where can I get the P-Dub(I think that is what it is called) bumber ?
http://www.pdubracing.com/

Also does anybody else make a large batt tray for the JRXS ?
No, only losi make it

Do you have to special order the arms with the BK brackets built If they are even out yet
No, not out yet

I just got my JRXS and haven't raced it yet So I want to make sure I have all the stuff I need
Just use the Josh Numan setup (with spool) and make adjustments to suit from there.

Thanks

Casey
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:34 AM   #8413
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight

WYD...your right...every car has it's issues. But wonldn't it be great if a company took the best features from each car and put it all into one? Just suck up their pride and give the comsumer the best features. They can laugh all the way to the bank. Xray guys have problems with the softer aluminum wheel axles. The spring steel ones fix the problem.

Until the return. Later...
Yes it would be cool if a car was made like with all the cool stuff from each company. I think the problem is what is the cool must need stuff as everyones opinion differs some on this. Only other drawback I see if a car has so many features I think a point comes that it has too many features and many get lost. The TC3 has been so good partially because it didn't have a ton of adjustments. I think the XXX-S falls into the dsame catagory as the TC3.

It is hard to have everything on one car. You just must pick the one that has the features you want.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:07 AM   #8414
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to promatchracer

Thanks Dirtydog

Casey
promatchracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:52 AM   #8415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceyf

-Tracey
Have you tweaked the car? Does it spin left and right? How much rear toe?
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote