R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-22-2005, 11:16 PM   #7876
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

that's from the vegas race, and the motor is in the back of the car.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:32 PM   #7877
Tech Master

I know this........LIke i said jrxs.com has some up close images of it ....LOL
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:37 PM   #7878
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussB
that's from the vegas race, and the motor is in the back of the car.
Still won't help if you don't practice sucka. You coming out to the rug at all this year??
Old 09-23-2005, 06:53 AM   #7879
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Thumbs up JRXS car handeling

Wolfman posted
Hi All,

Just like some opinions as to how good the JRXS is. At the moment i'm racing a XXX-S it's modified a bit and can hold it's own. BUT almost everybody else at my track is running an XRAY FK05, i would like to race somethink different. How does the JRXS handle tight technical tracks. The track i race at is Asphalt, smooth and has high grip. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mick

My thoughts. This car is one of the easiest cars to drive and work on that I have ever seen. Build it to the instructions and go from there. The layout of components is second to none and balances the car very well. I put it on balance points the first day and it was right on. Wiring was easy and very servicable. I did go to Corally type connectors and I'm so impressed with how they work that I might change all of my cars to them. Super easy and no soldering.

On handeling. This car is raced on a medium track with low traction. There are alot of Xray guys out here since RC America is down the street. I can tell you straight that on this track, the Losi will do things the 05' will not. I can dive deeper, hold more speed and pass where few others dare to go. It is a ball to walls car.
In checking my thoughts. We have an old school racer (World 1/8 nitro competitor kind of guy) that I'm friends with. He drove the 05' and liked it. He drove the Losi and immediately bought one. He drove it on the track, in a race with the first battery pack he ever ran in the car. His warm up was the 100 ft he drove to the starting grid. He took second behidn a guy that had been racing there for 2 years regularly. This guy hadn't even seen the track and he was pushing the regular consistantly.
In the hands of the guy that drives my modified 05', he was sold. He ask consistantly to drive this car.
In stock, I run one lap behind the fastest two modified guys. I'm almost a lap faster than the field if I get and stay away from traffic. THe car gets questioned quite a bit when it comes to legality. I threw an ounce of lead on there and all is good.
The JRXS is worth the buy!
TEX
(972) 271-4844
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:13 AM   #7880
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1
Wolfman posted
Hi All,

Just like some opinions as to how good the JRXS is. At the moment i'm racing a XXX-S it's modified a bit and can hold it's own. BUT almost everybody else at my track is running an XRAY FK05, i would like to race somethink different. How does the JRXS handle tight technical tracks. The track i race at is Asphalt, smooth and has high grip. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mick

If you are not sure of the car Click here to check out the jrXs Beating up on the competetion. Most of the videos posted are on a small track.
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:08 AM   #7881
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated.

Cheers
Mick
wolfman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:55 AM   #7882
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would have to say that if you tuning skills are not that good and you would be the only guy running a Losi, go with what everyone else is running. It makes racing more enjoyable when you can get help from fellow racers. I was one of two guys running a BD on carpet last year and the other guys setup just didn't work for me, so I found myself chasing the car all year. So I switched to a Losi (1 of 3) and now me and my buddy can share info since we like similar setups. A little food for thought. Don't get me wrong, the car feels great, and with a little more track time it will be dialed. I can't wait to rip into those over priced Xrays.

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 05:32 PM   #7883
Tech Initiate

Hi! I have had my JRX-S for a couple of months now and think it's a great car. I am still getting used to the dramatic change from my TC3. I am running the stock setup, but the rear seems very loose, as it breaks free and slides around during turns. There are so many tuning options, and I do not know where to start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
airbear87123
airbear87123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:25 PM   #7884
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbear87123
Hi! I have had my JRX-S for a couple of months now and think it's a great car. I am still getting used to the dramatic change from my TC3. I am running the stock setup, but the rear seems very loose, as it breaks free and slides around during turns. There are so many tuning options, and I do not know where to start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
airbear87123
Airbear--Put the BK/PK brackets on it and put the Josh Numan set-up on the car. Don't put part of it or a close to it set-up on just do the Numan bolt for bolt and go from there. Hope this helps.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:31 PM   #7885
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey has anyone tried the novak modules in the M11 first hand to say whether it works or not? I've heard u just drill holes for the extra pins but just curious?

racer-oZ
racer-oZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:29 PM   #7886
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What is every one gearing their cars on Carpet? Using a Monster? Fairly fast track?
RCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 07:12 AM   #7887
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson

hi all,
i'm in need of some set up advice for my jrxs on carpet,
i'm running with CS-22 preglued's on carpet,
last night i tried the car out for the first time,
coming out of corners the rear of the car stepped out alot,
i've lowered the rear roll centre, lowered the diffs, changed droop, both front and rear springs, and none of this really seemed to help it.
the carpet is brand new, and has a very large amount of grip.
running the car pretty much kit at the moment, with locked centre layshaft and 2 diffs,

any help would be appreciated

cheers
luke

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:09 AM   #7888
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

I dont use an M11, or M8 for that matter and I have not run a monster motor in my JRX-S yet.

But, for Luke, it sounds like your running a spool up front on carpet? But since you posted two diffs in your set up there are other things to try. You can run a slightly looser front diff then rear by setting the front diff about 1/8 turn looser then normal and the rear 1/8th turn tighter. It also sounds like you may need to run more castor up front, so if your at 4 degrees, try 6, if your at 2, try 4 degrees, etc. You can also try a longer rear camber link and less negative front camber as well as a little toe out up front(-.5 to -1. degree).

Even though I have yet to run on carpet(I live in Florida) the JRX-S should respond the same or better then my XXX-S did to these changes......, Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 02:36 PM   #7889
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Pookyt, your brackets are cool, but the new arms are going to be better. I checked them out on Todds car and they will be nice when finally released.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 02:59 PM   #7890
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35
Pookyt, your brackets are cool, but the new arms are going to be better. I checked them out on Todds car and they will be nice when finally released.
Good Deal!!!! My Dremel tool is threatening to go on strike anyway! LMAO

Here is a classic for you old time JRXS racers!! " The new arms should be out in about 2 weeks" LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding around. I will order a set of the new arms as soon as they are availible as well.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote