Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Bill--I believe that is the Much More cooler judging from the box in the pic.

Brant
Old 09-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Yes, it's a Much More Motor Cooler

POOKYT: Hi, I'll be wiring on Wed for the "new style" brackets and you'll get it the same day. I'll email you details as soon as it is sent. Got tied up at work last week. Thanks
Old 09-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fatboy Joe
Yes, it's a Much More Motor Cooler

POOKYT: Hi, I'll be wiring on Wed for the "new style" brackets and you'll get it the same day. I'll email you details as soon as it is sent. Got tied up at work last week. Thanks
N/P Joe! I just boxed up the last order from this weekend so I will go ahead and have yours ready. Tomorrow BK/PK brackets are shipping out to New Zealand!! Thanks Gareth!

Brant
Old 09-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Oops! I didn't read the top of the stupid box. CTXT threw me.

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ? 4 Todd

Hey Todd, any chance i can get yours or someone elses setup sheet for Trackside in Milwaukee WI from the NOVAK Race this past January(Foam or rubber tire or both, Havent decided what i want to run on it yet). I was at that race running the Brushless Class with my xxxs, and i just picked up a jrxs a couple weeks ago but havent had a chance to run it yet. Can ya help me out at all?????

Thanks.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Modified Top Deck for MMR Motor Cooler

Hi all,

Just wanted to show what I have done to my top deck to get it to fit the MMR motor cooler without having to remove the motor from the car each time. (added bonus of allowing me to run with a heatsink now)

The MMR motor cooler just slots right in now!!!
(with only some slight modification to the cooler - grinding off the three little fins on the clamp)
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-top-view.jpg  
Old 09-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default Need help with newman setup

hey guys, I got one for ya. I ran the Newman set just as he had it written down with one exception. I didn't flip my roll center blocks in the rear to the low position. I'm running a set of homemade BK bars until I recieve the ones from PookyT. Would not flipping the blocks around make the car push really bad from mid corner out? And to be honest with ya, I raelly don't think I have alot of front end grip at all. I'm running take-off 32's on a medium bite track, and I used a mazda 6 body because I didn't have the stratus A.P. 3.0 body. And I run in the stock class. LOL, I had a bad feeling when I switched from a foam tire set-up to rubbers.

P.S. Would switching to a shorter wheelbase help at all?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

MUDVAYNE - Yes, not having the rear rollcenter low will make the car push. By lowering the rear roll center to full low, the car will roll over the rear end more resulting in increased steering middle-out of the corner. It's a really big difference, I would suggest changing it. As far as wheelbase, if you shorten the rear the car will feel more responsive, and steer harder entering the turn, however this also increases the over all grip of the car. If you make it longer the car will steer more on power and be more stable. Same goes for the front. I would leave the front in the middle, and experiment with the rear wheelbase.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Thank you very much Andrew. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Oops! I didn't read the top of the stupid box. CTXT threw me.

Thanks.
YO BILL,

My dad and I haven't given up on the JRX-S yet despite the fact he is ready to dump it after driving my (now his) TC4 and loved it. I'm going to ask him to machine us some BK brackets to try on the Losi before we get rid of it (if we do)

Just curious...I hear the BK brackets transform the car into something else & I hear the Numan setup works well on carpet-rubber. How close is it at HW Gilroy? Any "must change" settings for the rug? The stock out-of-the-box setup felt okay (a little skate-y) but was badly off-pace. The Hodge Stockton setup felt weird...loose on-power and not much better off.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
You will want them in this orientation
[--)))))--

instead of

[--(((((--
Assemble the diff accordingly and you will notice a smoother diff.
this reminds me of my 1/12 !!! good looking
Old 09-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Hi all,

Just wanted to show what I have done to my top deck to get it to fit the MMR motor cooler without having to remove the motor from the car each time. (added bonus of allowing me to run with a heatsink now)

The MMR motor cooler just slots right in now!!!
(with only some slight modification to the cooler - grinding off the three little fins on the clamp)
Hi, how does your car handle with the front top deck modified to fit in the MM Cooler? I am assuming there will be more flex up front due to the modification. Let me know, thanks

Sonny
Old 09-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Mud,

As Andrew says, flip those rear blocks.

For what track surface temp range are you using Takeoff CS-32s for?

I usually jump from Takeoff CS-27s to Sorex 36s for mid-to-high temp conditions (say below/above 115F±) on asphalt.

In my mind, CS-32s have a limited temp range.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Default MM Motor Cooler and servo saver combination

Fatboy Joe,

Regarding your modification of the Much More Motor Cooler...

I cannot tell how far the curved section of the motor cooler goes around the motor can. Do you think this mod will work with a servo saver in place?

Thanks.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Fatboy Joe,

Regarding your modification of the Much More Motor Cooler...

I cannot tell how far the curved section of the motor cooler goes around the motor can. Do you think this mod will work with a servo saver in place?

Thanks.
Hi, I am not really sure if it will work without grinding off the fins. IMO, even if you take out all the fins and just leave the bulk of alloy on top of the peltier element, it will still cool your motor effeciently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.