R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-16-2005, 08:34 AM   #7336
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jland
Chris, I am racing down here in Devon and Cornwall. I went out this last weekend on the tarmac this for the 3rd time this season and the first time running the Numan setup. Came out of the day with TQ, 1st in both mains and a new track record... So yes the setup can work well over here...The setup seems to be pretty aggressive the way I like, and has alot of corner speed.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:37 AM   #7337
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Todd - I was looking at pics of your car in RCCA "Touring Edition", and was wondering what kind of servo arm are you using? Is it a servo saver?
Also, any word on the new arms???
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:38 AM   #7338
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Sway bar link length

Todd-

With a carpet set up and running a rear sway bar what should the length be of the sway bar link?

Or should I make the sway bar level, make both links the same length, then ck the tweak adj as needed then position the links on the sway bar depending on if I want more or less steering.

Not sure where to set up the sway bar.

Thanks,

Mike T.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:56 PM   #7339
Tech Regular

A little off topic. Did any of you see the offroad version of the JRXS (JRX4) from the worlds? Looks interesting..I've been wondering what that design would be like and if it gives the same advantage that it does with the JRXS's center weight layout. Or for that matter if it is even noticeable. Just food for thought. Now back to the JRXS.....
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:20 PM   #7340
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug D
Todd - I was looking at pics of your car in RCCA "Touring Edition", and was wondering what kind of servo arm are you using? Is it a servo saver?
Also, any word on the new arms???
That is a airtronics servo arm that comes with the 94452...I think?? It is not a servo saver.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:23 PM   #7341
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog xxx-s
Todd-

With a carpet set up and running a rear sway bar what should the length be of the sway bar link?

Or should I make the sway bar level, make both links the same length, then ck the tweak adj as needed then position the links on the sway bar depending on if I want more or less steering.

Not sure where to set up the sway bar.

Thanks,

Mike T.

I just make sure all the links are at a 90 degree angle to the sway bar wire.

For tweaking the car, you should have the one link disconnected. It does not matter if it is the right or left link. Tweak the car so it is flat. Then you should make sure that the sway bar ball and the sway bar link eyelet match up perfectly. Then pop the eyelet on while on the tweak station and make sure the bubble does not move or if tweaking with a xacto make sure you tweak is still flat.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:15 AM   #7342
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jland
Chris, I am racing down here in Devon and Cornwall. I went out this last weekend on the tarmac this for the 3rd time this season and the first time running the Numan setup. Came out of the day with TQ, 1st in both mains and a new track record... So yes the setup can work well over here...The setup seems to be pretty aggressive the way I like, and has alot of corner speed.
Excellento, I'll give it a whirl at my Wrexham visit.
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:28 PM   #7343
Tech Adept

Does anyone have a killer carpet set up for foams, they are a control tyre of 40 shore Team Orions front and rear,24-26mm wide any recomendations?

Anyone tried bk/pt brackets on carpet?

Thanks in advance
Bryan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:44 PM   #7344
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan D
Does anyone have a killer carpet set up for foams, they are a control tyre of 40 shore Team Orions front and rear,24-26mm wide any recomendations?

Anyone tried bk/pt brackets on carpet?

Thanks in advance
The BK brackets will only fit on the rear with a full size foam, if you are just running 24-26mm foams you could probably get them on the front as well, just use AE hexes.

Check out Losi's website, they have a couple foam tire setups from Todd and Brian.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:28 PM   #7345
Tech Adept

Default JRX-S For Sale

Unfortunately I have too many cars and my jrx-s has to go. I know I should post this in the for sale forum but I thought I would let you guys know it's available. I've only driven the car twice and it comes with the brackets and a bunch of parts. It was posted by my wife on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Losi-JRX-S_...QQcmdZViewItem
tcdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:04 PM   #7346
Tech Addict

Hi,

Im currently looking for a new car and instead of just starting one of these annoying new threads about 'which car should i get?' i would simply like to know the following about the JRXS.

I race national races in the UK and i used to race the XXXs. Money isnt particuarly a big deal at the moment but i dont wish to waste my money on things i dont require. I race carpet and Tarmac.

What parts do i need to buy for this car to make it competative enough to run at this level. (part numbers would also help if possible)

Ive had a good flick through this thread and have a fair idea about the car but any problems or suggested fixes would be most appreciated

Thanks for your help and perhaps you guys might sway me to buy this car.
Sleighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:53 PM   #7347
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighty
Hi,

Im currently looking for a new car and instead of just starting one of these annoying new threads about 'which car should i get?' i would simply like to know the following about the JRXS.

I race national races in the UK and i used to race the XXXs. Money isnt particuarly a big deal at the moment but i dont wish to waste my money on things i dont require. I race carpet and Tarmac.

What parts do i need to buy for this car to make it competative enough to run at this level. (part numbers would also help if possible)

Ive had a good flick through this thread and have a fair idea about the car but any problems or suggested fixes would be most appreciated

Thanks for your help and perhaps you guys might sway me to buy this car.
I would say all you would need to get are the BK bracket shock mounts (Pookyt here is selling them, Losi will be releasing arms with them built in soon) and the aluminum battry tray if you run GP3700 or IB3800 cells. Other than that, just the usual tuning stuff (springs, pistons, hubs, swaybars). The kit comes with dual diffs and, so if you want a front one-way or spool, that will also be extra. It does include both a center spool and one-way. The car doen't come with a servo saver, so you may want to add one if you like. The car is well equipped out of the box, no need for Tamiya shocks or an aftermarket chassis as is popular with some other kits out now.

The only major build issues I can think off are the battery slot in the chassis and the rear hubs. Some kits came with rear hubs that were machined wrong, which lead to unequeal rear toe side-to-side. Losi will replace any defective hubs found (contact Todd Hodge). The rear battery slot in the main chassis plate must be beveled properly or you may have trouble fitting your packs in the car. As long as you're aware of this upfront and bevel the slot so that a cell sitting in it is flush with the bottom of the chassis, you'll be okay. You'll also want to bevel the slots in the chassis for diff pulley clearance, so that the belt doesn't rub when the diffs are in the low postion. All of this is cover on Losi's webpage in Todd Hodge's Pit Report (Trick Tips section). Check it out if you haven't already.

Let us know if you have any other questions!
Old 08-18-2005, 09:18 PM   #7348
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good job, Juan!

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:57 PM   #7349
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I got a ?? On the Numan setup, what size/type O rings is he using above the bladder and are they ones that were included with the kit or something I need to get yet? That is the last remaining thing I need to do to get this setup complete and am not sure what to use.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:02 PM   #7350
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35
I got a ?? On the Numan setup, what size/type O rings is he using above the bladder and are they ones that were included with the kit or something I need to get yet? That is the last remaining thing I need to do to get this setup complete and am not sure what to use.
I think he used the white o-rings that are included in the kit. You got the BK Brackets already? If not you can get them from POOKYT.
Fatboy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote