R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #7006
Tech Elite

Yeah--Our big 2 day "Beat the Heat" race was this past weekend and out of 2 days of racing I managed to run 2....Yes I Said TWO!!!! battery packs! LMAO The only run I made in 19 turn and in Mod( with ZERO track practice) the car was ballistic and I put it in both mains! Trust me,these cars are fast and sometimes its faster than I am! HEHEHE. We had a great weekend and I was so happy that myself, LawtonLosi, Brians11, and DavidAlford in our JRXS's were so fast and easy to drive. My JRXS is simply smoother,quicker, and more consistant than any XXXSG+ I ever owned. Love it!! Now I need to find my glitch problem and buy new radio gear but HEY!......One thing at a time!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #7007
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

Man I really want this car but I dont want to make a mistake in selling my MS and getting this and then not liking it.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:31 PM   #7008
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

I don't think it would be a mistake. The JRXS is a very nice car. Everytime I run the car just gets faster and faster. And this is the first car I've had that was so free it would spin like a TC3. And thats with kit bearings.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:31 PM   #7009
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto Falcon
Man I really want this car but I dont want to make a mistake in selling my MS and getting this and then not liking it.
Surely you have some buddies down there that will let you drive theirs or even borrow it for a race day. I rave about this car but really I can only compare it to the G+ plus I ran the past 2 years and a couple of runs I have made with some FK04's. I did run an EVO IVn at this years TCS race and it was a fast car but a very on the EDGE kind of fast. I hope you can get the chance to drive one.

Brant

Old 08-01-2005, 03:31 PM   #7010
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

There is no mistake to be made by getting this car along with Pooky's bars.. awesome car, just be sure to bring a set of spur gears to mount on the motor when going to the Beat The Heat race, LoL..
Old 08-01-2005, 03:38 PM   #7011
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brians11
There is no mistake to be made by getting this car along with Pooky's bars.. awesome car, just be sure to bring a set of spur gears to mount on the motor when going to the Beat The Heat race, LoL..

I dont get it ? Why ?
Old 08-01-2005, 03:42 PM   #7012
Tech Master

The car can be driven very aggresively, but not have it so on the edge feeling that if you miss the line by 2 inches you'll lose a second that lap. The car is very stable, braking, intial turn in, on power, off power, its just planted. The option of raising and lowering the diffs does make a difference in handling, I found that this weekend as well. The car is very consistent from run to run, I wasnt chasing the car every run out, it did what was expected each time out.. Very durable too, now that the weekend is over, i can say this, I only broke an LCD coupling since I've had the car, so for 2 club races, then this multi-day even from this weekend, not too bad if you ask me...
Old 08-01-2005, 03:42 PM   #7013
Tech Elite

Because the track had like a 300ft straight and in 19t they needed like a 45/128 which wont fit on the car. So we needed smaller spurs to get the bigger pinions to work.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:43 PM   #7014
Tech Master

Quote:
I dont get it ? Why ?
In response to this, that track was HUGE... I had the biggest pinion I owned on the car and coulda used about 2 more teeth... so undergeared, I was still able to come home 2nd...
Old 08-01-2005, 03:43 PM   #7015
Tech Elite

Quote:
I dont get it ? Why ?
He is making a joke about the size of the track we just ran on this past weekend. It was our two day race and it runs nitro classes as well as electric. This year the track was huge with a 200 ft straight into a 60 ft sweeper. This track was very nice but it was BIG. In 19 turn we were running anywhere from 5.25 to 5.55 final drives and I was running a 7.00 final in mod with a 9 single. I ended up using a 116 spur so I could get a big enough pinion on it for 19 turn! LMAO

Brant

Old 08-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #7016
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford
The Generation 2 Pooky bars are just sweet. Everyone needs them on their JRXS

Gen 2 Pooky Bars are definately worth a tenth or two.. LOL but really, very nice bars
Old 08-01-2005, 03:50 PM   #7017
Tech Elite

Quote:
Gen 2 Pooky Bars are definately worth a tenth or two.. LOL but really, very nice bars
Thanks for the kind words bro! I just wish I hadn't been chasing radio troubles all weekend and could have hung out with you guys a lil more.

Brant

Old 08-01-2005, 03:53 PM   #7018
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
I threw some on my car this weekend on carpet and they helped the car.....now only if I didnít get bitten by the Losi rear hub bug I might have had a better weekend. Any idea how to tell if you have correct deg. rear hubs with out buying them and putting them on the car to see a rear wheel point the other direction....

Where is Todd's phone number when you need it...
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:54 PM   #7019
Tech Elite

I had the same trouble. So I guess I'll be getting a spectrum for my radio. I know it sure fixed Billy's problems.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:01 PM   #7020
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K
I threw some on my car this weekend on carpet and they helped the car.....now only if I didnít get bitten by the Losi rear hub bug I might have had a better weekend. Any idea how to tell if you have correct deg. rear hubs with out buying them and putting them on the car to see a rear wheel point the other direction....

Where is Todd's phone number when you need it...
Kevin....Other than using a set-up station and a board its durn hard to tell. After all the reports came out about the hubs I started checking my car closer and thought I had the same problem. LOL Turned out that my astute eyeball was looking at a bent wheel. Ya live and ya learn.

Brant