R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-23-2005, 11:58 AM   #6796
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I think I'll give Josh's setup a shot at the hitec race, it really sounds like it's the best for outdoors.
yup, thats the setup. its been working just about everywhere that i've run it on asphalt. i've made some personal changes, i like having the standard front diff, and to increase steering respponse i stood the front shocks up one hole on the tower. very smooth and the car carries a ton of corner speed and does not lose grip.
Biz_Nessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:57 PM   #6797
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Hey Todd, do you guys plan on running a spool or 1 way at Hitec?
For me a spool and I am sure the rest of the team will be doing the same. I love this car with a spool....it does not even drive like it has a spool.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:17 PM   #6798
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
For me a spool and I am sure the rest of the team will be doing the same. I love this car with a spool....it does not even drive like it has a spool.
Same here! It feels nothing like the XXXS with a spool.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:59 PM   #6799
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I saw that on Josh Numan's setup he was using BK brackets on the front and the back. Can anyone tell me where to buy those or even better the dimensions of them so I can make some myself. A picture would be helpful also. I think I'm going to give Josh's setup a try. Thanks!
WD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:01 PM   #6800
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40
I saw that on Josh Numan's setup he was using BK brackets on the front and the back. Can anyone tell me where to buy those or even better the dimensions of them so I can make some myself. A picture would be helpful also. I think I'm going to give Josh's setup a try. Thanks!
POOKY'S GOT EM!
Biz_Nessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:44 PM   #6801
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40
I've got some already made or you can do them yourself. The bar has two holes in it that are .275" center to center. 1 hole is a through hole for the arm and the other is a tapped 4-40 thread for your shock end. The only problem I had with the original bars were that in a crash the bars would move because the shock screw only lays on top of the arms. The ones I'm making now have a lower lip to hook under the arms so they won't move under impact. I know most of you guys don't hit things but I DO!!! LMAO I needed the lower lip to keep mine in place. WD-these new ones I make out of aluminum "L" shaped metal and you can find it at HomeDepot or Lowes and places like that. Hollar if I can help you.

Brant

Old 07-23-2005, 10:29 PM   #6802
Tech Elite

Default Futaba 9550

I know a few of you guys are running the Futaba 9550 servo and I was wondering how are they holding up? I have not run any car offroad or onroad in many years with a servo that had less than 94oz of torque. Does this servo have enough torque to really hold the tires in place under fast cornering? Just looking for some info. Thanks!

Brant

Old 07-23-2005, 10:48 PM   #6803
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Brant....I have the 9550 in my JRXS and before that it was in my XXXS and pro-4. All I really race is foam tires carpet and it works just fine and has held up great. It has plenty of power and speed and lets you mount your PT infront of the servo a little easier with out extending the PT lead or creative mounting.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 11:49 PM   #6804
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Awesome, you guys coming down on Friday or just early Sat?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 11:50 PM   #6805
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
I know a few of you guys are running the Futaba 9550 servo and I was wondering how are they holding up? I have not run any car offroad or onroad in many years with a servo that had less than 94oz of torque. Does this servo have enough torque to really hold the tires in place under fast cornering? Just looking for some info. Thanks!

Brant
I dont run them any more but when I used to they were great servos. I'd definately say it's worth a shot, wont be wasting money on it.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 11:51 PM   #6806
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I use the Fut9550 servo as well (eek, without a servo saver!). It's been super trusty so far. Once I go indoor, it will get a servo saver to cope with the heavier hits. The PT wire is just barely long enough to mount it up against the pudgy 9550.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:54 PM   #6807
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard
any you usually need alot of parts ohhh, too easy
Hooked on phonics worked for me!
Old 07-24-2005, 01:18 AM   #6808
Tech Elite

Thanks gentlemen!!! I can see a 9550 in my future! Along with more broken parts but Hey!!!! If ya ain't breakin parts you just aren't going fast enough!!

Peace Out!! ( or pieces LOL)

Brant

Old 07-24-2005, 03:35 AM   #6809
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Gee this car is quick.... it doesn't get much better this is (I need to replace the nut behind the wheel thou)

Thanks Todd, Bill, Pook, and everyone else for the advice and setup info'... it's been really good having you guys around to bounce idea's off.....

I ran my PB today at the track that has is hosting our State Titles... it's such a good feeling have a car that is sooo dynamic. It's hard to improve it (see above).

Todd ... special favour... I need you to come down-under to drive my car.... (Food & board provided)
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #6810
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Gee this car is quick.... it doesn't get much better this is (I need to replace the nut behind the wheel thou)

Thanks Todd, Bill, Pook, and everyone else for the advice and setup info'... it's been really good having you guys around to bounce idea's off.....

I ran my PB today at the track that has is hosting our State Titles... it's such a good feeling have a car that is sooo dynamic. It's hard to improve it (see above).

Todd ... special favour... I need you to come down-under to drive my car.... (Food & board provided)
And this is just the beginning for you...My car was flyin' through switchback turns yesterday until I cooked the motor during the race. I just have to learn to drive at these higher speeds.

If Todd can't make it, PookyT and I will be happy to come...if you can include the airfare too...he, he...

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote