R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-22-2005, 04:03 PM   #6781
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
You gonna come out to AJ's for his trophy race next month? I think I'm gonna need some Losi backup.
Chuck....I plan to make it out there for the race, so you will have some back up

RobK a Tech Master....Watch out
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:02 PM   #6782
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG24
Sadly, I am selling my JRXS with all the extra parts because not one shop near me is supporting the car and I'm tired of having to carry all my own parts. Last night I broke an outdrive on a pretty decent hit (not major) but it was only practice and I had to sit out because of no parts. I have the part coming in wwith an extra, but after thinking about it I'm going to go with a car more supported locally. It's sad when 4 local shops do not support a USA product but carry the Euro cars and Japan. A sad day indeed.
Obviously your stash of "extra parts" is minimal. I always have 1-2 extra outdrives in my box (even though I have never broken one) and all the other more breakable items.

I carrry all this stuff for myself and my comrades that have a JRX-S in NorCal.

Yes, it is sad that your shops don't support YOU too. But, favorite cars will go this way and that way all the time. Sorry to lose you though. Good luck.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 07-22-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:22 PM   #6783
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Wow, isn't it a shame when the local shops make you buy what they want to support?
It is tuff on them too though, being a former owner myself, it is alot to keep up with and alot of left over inventory. Cars are changing fast and there are a dozen competitve brands.
But on the same note, my shop always had A/E and Losi products, since they were most popular and least expensive.........not too mention the fastest, , Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:41 PM   #6784
Tech Fanatic

I guess the world of touring changes too fast for the shops around here. Right now most people are running the Xray or Corally so that is what the shops currently support as well as the pro 4 and AE. When the JRXS came out they only got in the kits (6 to be exact) and 5 are still on the shelf yet they sell tons of other kits every week. There are soooooo many touring cars I guess I can see how a shop owner has to draw the line somewhere since all the cars change 2 times a year!! I'm just trying to make life easier on myself for parts and support. I love the car though.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:51 PM   #6785
Tech Elite

DJ--I hate to hear that bro. I'm not in the same boat I guess I'm more like bill in that I have 2-4 of almost everything in my box. I'm the one every body else always comes to for screws, solder and everything. Maybe just pick up a few more parts and hang in there man!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:03 PM   #6786
Tech Champion

And just maybe things will swing your direction...

Otherwise, I am the fastest I have ever been with my JRX-S. Should be in the proverbial Corally zone soon with a car that isn't nearly as fragile.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:07 PM   #6787
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

DJ, true, when a customer looks down the parts wall and see Corally and X ray, but no Losi parts I suppose they would buy the one with parts in stock.

Funny thing is alot of the time they break something not in stock anyway that has to be ordered, dough!.......I'm just glad all the Shops around here stock the TeamLosi and Horizon stuff!

I'd hate to drive a car that wasn't my preference so I didn't have to keep some spares in my box......, Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:28 PM   #6788
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
I always have 1-2 extra outdrives in my box (even though I have never broken one) and all the other more breakable items
Thats cause you haven't bolted enough power down or you haven't been on the track with the HackKat with the JRX-S yet! My ESC stuck wide open twice and I trashed an outdrive (as well as an LCD)

NOTE: Make sure there is enough shrink wrap on the LCD's to cover both pins! I bought a new set of them and the shrink didn't cover both pins. Check before you slap the car together

I'm minimizing the cars in my stable to US designed & made (for purposes of supporting our economy & parts support for them is great!). Losi, AE & CRC
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:10 PM   #6789
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Most of the parking lot tracks don't even have hobby shops, so I'm used to carrying my own stash of parts .....

What brand of setup wheels fit our larger axles? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:13 PM   #6790
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Most of the parking lot tracks don't even have hobby shops, so I'm used to carrying my own stash of parts .....
any you usually need alot of parts ohhh, too easy
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:15 PM   #6791
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKat
NOTE: Make sure there is enough shrink wrap on the LCD's to cover both pins! I bought a new set of them and the shrink didn't cover both pins. Check before you slap the car together
I totally solved this problem by pullin the LCD's off and replaced them with CVD's. I don't have any intentions at the moment to run a spool anyhow and it is my understanding that is what they are mainly for.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:35 PM   #6792
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Are most people finding a spool or a one-way to be more effective on a somewhat close quarters track (1 straight away)? Setup info would be much appreciated.

Also what setup are most people finding to work best on a medium bite track? I've heard Josh Numan's setup is pretty good. Just let me know. Thanks.
WD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 12:57 AM   #6793
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40
Are most people finding a spool or a one-way to be more effective on a somewhat close quarters track (1 straight away)? Setup info would be much appreciated.

Also what setup are most people finding to work best on a medium bite track? I've heard Josh Numan's setup is pretty good. Just let me know. Thanks.
I have been running the Josh set-up with a spool for as long as the set-up has been out. Med tracks and short tracks and it has been wonderfull on both. The car feels great on sweepers as well as 180 deg corners.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 07:33 AM   #6794
Tech Champion

Me too!

Old 07-23-2005, 09:59 AM   #6795
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I think I'll give Josh's setup a shot at the hitec race, it really sounds like it's the best for outdoors.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote