R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-06-2005, 10:28 AM   #6451
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

So how is this car on ashualt ? and compared to the rdx if anyone had a rdx and now is using losi, Here where im at just a hand full of people uses these cars but you dont see them every race day so I cant tell anything about the car or nothing. I just want to know if its a car that I would like as equal or more than my current rdx.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:41 AM   #6452
Tech Fanatic

I love my JRX-S way more than my RDX. However I only run foams on carpet right now but I am thinking about giving rubber tires a try. I just picked up a set of takeoffs today.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:50 AM   #6453
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG24
I love my JRX-S way more than my RDX. However I only run foams on carpet right now but I am thinking about giving rubber tires a try. I just picked up a set of takeoffs today.

Any differences? handleing ,tuneing?

Which are you faster with?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:08 PM   #6454
Tech Fanatic

The main difference I found is that the JRX-S is just so smooth. It never really upsets the chassis by pitching it in one way or the other. It also carries a ton of corner speed. I think it corners faster than anything else I've run. The last thing is that it transitions quickly and smoothly with out taking much effort. I am always fastest through the S turns and the quick chicanes because the car doesn't take time to react. The only way I could get other cars to act this way was to stiffen the suspension to react quicker but they became twitchier while the JRXS just stays smooth. It's effortless. As for faster lap times I can run about the same times with either car, but I've only run my JRXS 3 race weeks while I had months on my RDX to perfect setup. I will also say that I may turn the same 10.5 second lap time with both cars but I only run 3 of them in a 5 minute heat while I ran 19 of them with my Losi. So I would say I am much more consistant with the JRXS right out of the gate.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:05 PM   #6455
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
As opposed to cutting off a full 1/8", I found that removing 3/32" from the top of the eyelet to be a good solution. Gives a marginal amount more threads for the shock shaft to screw into.
AHHH....Perfectionist!!!!! LMAO

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:06 PM   #6456
Tech Elite

Quote:
And a set of PK brackets will go out in the morning! Let me know when you get them. Thanks

Brant

Old 07-06-2005, 06:09 PM   #6457
Tech Fanatic

Will do!! And thanks for the excellent turn around!! Going out tomorrow, awesome!!!! Now if we could just get a whole line of pooky parts we would be all set!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:11 PM   #6458
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

I'll be testing the new line of Pooky Easy-ups in about 20 days
Old 07-06-2005, 06:13 PM   #6459
Tech Elite

Quote:
The main difference I found is that the JRX-S is just so smooth. It never really upsets the chassis by pitching it in one way or the other. It also carries a ton of corner speed. I think it corners faster than anything else I've run. The last thing is that it transitions quickly and smoothly with out taking much effort. I am always fastest through the S turns and the quick chicanes because the car doesn't take time to react. The only way I could get other cars to act this way was to stiffen the suspension to react quicker but they became twitchier while the JRXS just stays smooth. It's effortless. As for faster lap times I can run about the same times with either car, but I've only run my JRXS 3 race weeks while I had months on my RDX to perfect setup. I will also say that I may turn the same 10.5 second lap time with both cars but I only run 3 of them in a 5 minute heat while I ran 19 of them with my Losi. So I would say I am much more consistant with the JRXS right out of the gate.
Ditto on the consistancy thing! I can run more consistant lap times per run than with my G+ and I don't have to " Drive "the car hard to do it like I did with my G+. I have found that when I really push my JRXS I run slower lap times than when I back off it just a click and let the car do the work. On many of the first races with my JRXS I was running 2 to 3 tenths quicker by letting the car corner and drive like it wanted. I cannot compare it to the RDX but compared to my G+ it transitions WAY quicker and carries a TON more corner speed without me gritting my teeth or trying drive it like I stole it!

Brant
All my experience is on asphalt BTW

Old 07-06-2005, 06:14 PM   #6460
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Brant,

Check your pay....pal!

Thanks!
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:15 PM   #6461
Tech Elite

Quote:
Will do!! And thanks for the excellent turn around!! Going out tomorrow, awesome!!!! Now if we could just get a whole line of pooky parts we would be all set!!!
There is a whole line of them that will be out in 2 weeks! LOL They will be worth the wait!!!!!! LMAO!!! J/K Well....kind of!

Brant

Old 07-06-2005, 06:16 PM   #6462
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug D
Brant,

Check your pay....pal!

Thanks!
Got it! Thanks! They will go out tomorrow.

Brant

Old 07-06-2005, 06:17 PM   #6463
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)

Can any one e-mail me JRXS Bills 19t setup?
[email protected]
PDF Please
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #6464
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford
I'll be testing the new line of Pooky Easy-ups in about 20 days
UHH...cough, cough......David does mean the tent type thingy there fellas!!! Don't need no bad rumors start'n on here now do we? LMAO

Brant
Shade Tech
B-Main Motorsports

Old 07-06-2005, 07:31 PM   #6465
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Old Man
Can any one e-mail me JRXS Bills 19t setup?
[email protected]
PDF Please
Geeze! Where did I post that.

Cannot stop staring at your avatar...What were we talking about???

Looking, looking, looking...At that avatar.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote