R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-22-2005, 10:19 PM   #6196
Tech Elite

RBLove--Man C'mon down and leave that tire truing machine at the house and spend a weekend running without getting all of those black boogers in your nose! You might just like it! Bill will let you sleep on the couch as long as you don't snore too bad LOL

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:20 PM   #6197
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
We are gonna be rollin from Oklahoma in the 3/4 dropped Yukon
BLING-BLING

Roll on brutha!!!

Brant

Old 06-22-2005, 10:23 PM   #6198
Tech Elite

Billy--With you 3 guys coming and my 2 local bros running Losi, we should look like the Jr. Mob!! I will have my Losi banner and my soon to get finished B-Main banner so our pits will look " factory"!!!!! Even if you don't win you have to look good!!!!!!!!

Brant

Old 06-22-2005, 10:33 PM   #6199
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLove
Joneser rolling a Losi. Awesome!
Yes Rob....I am experimenting with one. A couple Saturdays ago when we were at the track, I ran the Xray and it was awesome....turned in a run that has only been beaten by Goetz, Jimmy and Chicky. I backed that run with a run that was about a second slower....put the car away...took it back out on Tuesday with no changes and I was 6 seconds slower for the night. The traction was still high but something changed. The xray always feels good and it took me 4 heats to figure out what it might be doing. Without a sponsored Xray guy around we are left to figure things out on our own which there is nothing wrong with but we just have not been able to do it. I have driven the xray for 3 years because its easy to drive....Now that I am better, I am confident I can wheel something else around and go faster. Put toghether the Losi and it was fairly good. by the main, the car was absolutely awesome but I had a motor problem and I was less than quick. I am looking forward to the next few weeks with the car.
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:55 PM   #6200
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneser
Yes Rob....I am experimenting with one. A couple Saturdays ago when we were at the track, I ran the Xray and it was awesome....turned in a run that has only been beaten by Goetz, Jimmy and Chicky. I backed that run with a run that was about a second slower....put the car away...took it back out on Tuesday with no changes and I was 6 seconds slower for the night. The traction was still high but something changed. The xray always feels good and it took me 4 heats to figure out what it might be doing. Without a sponsored Xray guy around we are left to figure things out on our own which there is nothing wrong with but we just have not been able to do it. I have driven the xray for 3 years because its easy to drive....Now that I am better, I am confident I can wheel something else around and go faster. Put toghether the Losi and it was fairly good. by the main, the car was absolutely awesome but I had a motor problem and I was less than quick. I am looking forward to the next few weeks with the car.
Cool deal Eric. I think you will like the car. Doesn't hurt that Chicky is up there just laying it down. He is very good with set up.

Eli and I have been at it every weekend trying different things, but traction is pretty low. I will be coming up to The Gate quite often when Sunday racing starts. Hopefully Ray Darroch will be coming over quite a bit and Blackstock comes out of the wood works. We will have an awesome modified class.

Good luck with the car and if there is anything I can do for you let me know bro.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:56 PM   #6201
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Im definitely looking forward to the race man. Im gonna embarrase myself big time in mod lol.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:52 AM   #6202
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
Im definitely looking forward to the race man. Im gonna embarrase myself big time in mod lol.
Nut'n wrong with that as long as your having a good time!!! BTW--you might want to bring extra parts!

Brant

Old 06-23-2005, 04:30 AM   #6203
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default BK brackets

I have a JRX-S coming and I did some reading here about these brackets. Pookyt, you the man I need to talk to to get some of these? Are alot of the tarmac setups used with these? If so please PM me.
Thanks
jland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:19 AM   #6204
Tech Initiate

J land - So far we have found with a few simple mods to the rear suspension the car is better on UK tracks without the BK brakets.

By all means give them a try, see what you think and let us know
speedfreakUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:27 AM   #6205
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

I think between all of us we'll have some hooked up cars. Now somebody find me some RP30s lol
Old 06-23-2005, 08:37 AM   #6206
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Speedfreak UK, Thanks for the info. I think I will just give it a try. I will probably be the lone Losi down here (until I start to win, then the sheep will flock..lol) in Cornwall/Devon area.
jland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:05 PM   #6207
Tech Master

Can someone make a reccomendation for me?

I can't solder worth crap. I'd probably inadvertantly find a way to blow-up a couple cells. Besides Deans/hardwire....what would be the best method to get those cells in there?
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:19 PM   #6208
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

BlackKat: I use Power poles and some people like Corally plugs, they're both pretty good, I never had a problem with any of them.
tc3blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:30 PM   #6209
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm currently using the Corally plugs myself. I don't really like them but there is now a whole lot of options for that car unfortunately.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:34 PM   #6210
Tech Addict

I just switched over from hardwiring to corally plugs yesterday. So far they're a little tight and near impossible to remove (I use a long, thin tool to push the plug out from the opposite end - hopefully it'll loosen up). Soldering packs into the JRX-S wasn't too hard, but using the same packs for both my TC and my BK2 made for some funky soldering iron angles. The corally plugs are just easier.
SoCalLosiRacer is offline   Reply With Quote