R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-12-2005, 12:37 PM   #5941
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid
Well I finally got a new set of wheels mounted up, and its pretty obvious now that my rear hubs are pretty far off.(amazing that the car handles so well with this being like that)

So now, how do I go about contacting Losi. I looked for their info in the manual and on the back cover(where I usually find company's info) but didn't see anything.

Thanks
Go to www.teamlosi.com, scroll down to ask the team and let Todd know the skinny on your situation. Give him your mailing address and it 2-3 days you will have new rear hubs.
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 01:37 PM   #5942
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
Go to www.teamlosi.com, scroll down to ask the team and let Todd know the skinny on your situation. Give him your mailing address and it 2-3 days you will have new rear hubs.
Cool...

Thanks.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:43 PM   #5943
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

As far as popping off ballcups, I have only had the steering servo ballcup pop off the servo arm, once. That was in a direct hit head on with a sideways car that spun on a straight section at speed. I have cart wheeled the car and tumbled it a few times, but have never popped off any other ballcup, lucky maybe?

MY hubs looked ok, until a few guys mentioned it, so I stared at my car for a while and determined that mine looked to be off a bit as well. A quick hudy set up system proved me wrong though. I did biuld a couple cars for customers that had bad hubs though, it was Very obvious and didn't take a second look......Staring at em' always makes em' look like they are off, LOL. A quick test is to stand the car on the rear chassis straight up(nose in the air). Then use a can or similar item to check 90 angles on each side. If your car does have bad hubs, it will be very easy to spot, no question. If they look close and it's hard to tell if they are off, they are good...................This has been my experience so far....Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:30 PM   #5944
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Todd is driving home from the Speedworld Cup as I write this.

In the third race, Todd's and another car touched at the end of the straight sending his JRX-S into a very unfriendly board. The sound of the hit was the loudest I have ever heard for a 1/10th scale car and Todd's car was DE-stroyed...Even broke the battery.

Josh Newman TQed in TC Mod with his JRX-S; but, Barry Baker (AE) won the overall by taking the first two races of the AAA Mod event. Matt Francis took the third main.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:32 PM   #5945
Tech Champion

At Speedworld Cup, Todd advised that we should use thin washers (.020) on the bolts between the BK Shock Bracket and the front/rear arms on our JRX-S cars.

Bill

Old 06-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #5946
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
At Speedworld Cup, Todd advised that we should use thin washers (.020) on the bolts between the BK Shock Bracket and the front/rear arms on our JRX-S cars.

Bill
Thanks for the info Bill. But can you elaborate a lil why to do this? Thanks Mr.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:51 PM   #5947
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid
See...see....see....

Now thats just wrong man!

Here I am, enjoying a good handling car, and you got to bring up those ugly memories!

LOL I just couldn't resist brother!! LOL

Brant

Old 06-12-2005, 08:08 PM   #5948
Tech Master

Hey,

My FK05 fund is now gonna be emptied in favor of the JRX-S fund (shhh!)

Just a few questions.....

What are the measurments required to make the BK brackets? Will I be needing them on low-med grip carpet w/rubber or foam? Do you guys use 'em front and rear?

When will the "magic tray" be availible in my favorite repitable hobby dealers? All my 3300 packs are shoe-gooed. I gather they will work if I shave material off the rear bulkhead (which pushes them forward)

-Dan
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:14 PM   #5949
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKat
Hey,

What are the measurments required to make the BK brackets? Will I be needing them on low-med grip carpet w/rubber or foam? Do you guys use 'em front and rear?

When will the "magic tray" be availible in my favorite repitable hobby dealers? All my 3300 packs are shoe-gooed. I gather they will work if I shave material off the rear bulkhead (which pushes them forward)

-Dan

BK--I do not know about their use on carpet but if you want to make a set the holes center to center are .275" apart. Drill one completly through and the other one needs to be threaded. Let us know how they do on carpet!

Brant

Old 06-12-2005, 08:21 PM   #5950
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:

-Dan
Dan,

Dont take a pass on your bulkheads yet. Do all the work on the slot in the chasis till cell fits flush with bottom. NOt a 0.010 above-flush!! Then do the rest of the work on your battery tray. Its plastic and its cheap and readily available part. I have a unmolested tray that fits all my batteries but two. I dremeled a battery tray till the door closed and that tray is for those two packs and my 3800's-when they arrive.

If you do need to shave a bit off the rear bulkheads-trust me-its VERY little.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:22 PM   #5951
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Hey,

-Dan
They wont fit if you run 28mm foams.
James Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:24 PM   #5952
Tech Master

Thanks Pook!

It'll be a little while until I get the car. Gotta get rid of an XRay first. Then save up for the difference in XRay selling price and JRXS cost. Anyone got a back-up car they'd trade for an BMI XRay or a hopped-up NTC3?
Old 06-12-2005, 08:26 PM   #5953
Tech Master

Thanks for all the quick replies everyone! Crap...makes me want the car even more now....LOL
Old 06-12-2005, 08:40 PM   #5954
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Gear ratio

To anyone if I run the 41 tooth pulley in front what does the internal gear ratio become?
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:45 PM   #5955
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeasler
To anyone if I run the 41 tooth pulley in front what does the internal gear ratio become?
That's a good question...Do we take an average of the two??? Hmmmmm...