R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-09-2005, 07:22 AM   #5881
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I didn't have a xxx-s G+, but I can tell you that the JRX-S is pretty durable...I haven't had any big crashes, but I still hit the pipe every once in a while and I haven't broken anything yet! Only thing that happened was one of the ballcups popped off...

As far as foams on carpet (this is what I race), I think you can get a decent setup with those springs, but the best setup for me I found to be 60lb front/25lb rear; the car just feels more stable and responsive.
tc3blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:43 AM   #5882
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Yeppers!

Billy is supposed to be receiving a shipment today. Had to buy them back from distributors.

Do you have a recommended insert for SW?

Bill
it depends on how it's going to get and how the traction is is. I'm trying all of my go to insertss. They are Pit hard and schumacher blue. I also plan on trying out xenon blues and totally switching tire's to the RP's and trying a different insert in them. I'm coming with it for this weekend. The only problem is that I might not be able to test them all due to this horrible weather. I have today off but it might as well be a wasted day. See ya Saturday.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:28 AM   #5883
Tech Addict

Anyone makes alluminium bulkheads?
Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 04:44 PM   #5884
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry White
Anyone makes alluminium bulkheads?
No one is making any that I know of (I assume you are talking about the front and rear diff bulkheads). I don't think they are necassary, they would just add weight. The stock graphite composite parts are just fine.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #5885
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Clamping Hexes..

Are there any available for the JRXS??
Old 06-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #5886
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSherman
Associated makes a set of wide ones for the TC3/4 and NTC that will fit. They are blue anodized.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:01 PM   #5887
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSherman
You could also get the set from Matt Francis for the standard size hex, actually the MF one's are a little bit smaller.

E
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:03 PM   #5888
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF
You could also get the set from Matt Francis for the standard size hex, actually the MF one's are a little bit smaller.

E
But they do not clamp. They are aluminum and are a good hex.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:42 PM   #5889
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Skill, I don't think the aluminum tray will be in the kit, at least not yet. I was surprised to find that it is only $20(U.S.) though! If it was blue and said trinity on it, $39.95, LOL.
I have run the XXX-S G+, and my sons still do. We have gone thru some castor blocks and two pair of front arms, but with a 9 and 12 year old at the wheel, it doesn't surprise me. I have yet to see a sedan that NEVER breaks.
On my JRX-S, I have only popped off a steering linkage from the servo horn so far, in a direct impact with a car that spun in front of my on the straight. I also took some tumbles and cartwheels while trying to get around some markers in qualifying(lapped a couple cars every other lap, no fun, LOL), with not a single broekn part. In fact recheck of the tweek showed no changes even after those bad wrecks!....................Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:20 PM   #5890
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Yeppers!

Billy is supposed to be receiving a shipment today. Had to buy them back from distributors.

Do you have a recommended insert for SW?

Bill
In stock I was using Xenon greens ...they were dialied ...BTW, Matt Francies and Steve Weiss were out there today, they're cars looked dialed ...Barry Baker was there as well ...it's always a humbling experience to watch that caliber of driver race!!!
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:37 PM   #5891
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
In stock I was using Xenon greens ...they were dialied ...BTW, Matt Francies and Steve Weiss were out there today, they're cars looked dialed ...Barry Baker was there as well ...it's always a humbling experience to watch that caliber of driver race!!!
Harsh,

Were Matt and Steve running spools or one-ways?

Even Barry e-mailed me to say he was coming up. Pretty nice for an AE guy to a Losi guy, huh? Maybe it's my many QC2s...

I will be there in the morning.

Understand that many partying drivers help Matt celebrate his birthday this weekend...Even though it is on the 22nd.

Thanks.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:45 PM   #5892
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Harsh,

Were Matt and Steve running spools or one-ways?

Even Barry e-mailed me to say he was coming up. Pretty nice for an AE guy to a Losi guy, huh? Maybe it's my many QC2s...

I will be there in the morning.

Understand that many partying drivers help Matt celebrate his birthday this weekend...Even though it is on the 22nd.

Thanks.

Bill
I honestly don't know!!! ...remember gates don't open till 11:00am ...I do gotta say, I've NEVER seen anyone be able to put the smack(talk) down as effectively on STLNLST as Barry was ...he had us ALL in tears in the pits
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:47 PM   #5893
FWR
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
The part number will stay the same. You can tell the difference between them by the new ones having the TL logo about the DEG marking on the inside of the hub.
So, we order more and hope the distributer doesn't have any of the old ones in stock still?

What are we supposed to do with the ones that came in the kit and the spares that we bought at the same time we bought the kit?
Old 06-09-2005, 10:53 PM   #5894
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
I honestly don't know!!! ...remember gates don't open till 11:00am ...I do gotta say, I've NEVER seen anyone be able to put the smack(talk) down as effectively on STLNLST as Barry was ...he had us ALL in tears in the pits
Barry was a comedian at 4 Fun and the Reedy two weeks ago...Yet, the man can drive and is a contender with their new car.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 11:00 PM   #5895
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG24
Originally Posted by PeterV

Team Losi now offers the solution for putting the new breed of larger diameter batteries in the JRX-S racing sedan. The LOSA4309 Aluminum Battery Tray is designed to fit the extra-large 3700 series and similar sized cells into the JRX-S chassis securely and safely. Each tray is precision machined from premium aircraft aluminum alloy and black anodized to aid in dissipating heat. The best thing about this design is that normal mounting hardware is used and it requires no modifications to the chassis. Of course, it can also be used with the current crop of popular NiMH and Ni-Cad cells as well the XL cells starting to appear. Look for the LOSA4309 Aluminum Battery Tray and all genuine Team Losi performance parts at racetracks and hobby shops worldwide.

LOSA4309 Alum. Battery Tray for XL Cells (JRX-S) 19.99
Whoo hoo....got a part number! When will we be able to back order? I looked up the part on Horizon, but didn't get any results.

Has there been any pics of it posted yet?