Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 08:38 PM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Paul Ciccarello has been laying it down here on carpet. Stock, 19t and mod. We thought that the mark had been set in stock and no one was ging to eclipse it-but Paul and his JRXS just reset the mark. Then he did it again in 19t. In mod he has no one to run against, but I think hes got it dialed in there too.

Like I said earlier-the cars as tune-inable as it is tune-outable. I have certainley found ways to make it push badly and made it steer so hard I could run a 1' off the boards all the way around the track wide open-lol. But isnt that what this car is designed for? Ultimate tueability. I certainley didnt buy it because the battteries were easy to solder in-lol
Ray, When and where are you guys running? The Gate?
Old 06-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alb
Ray, When and where are you guys running? The Gate?
But of course!! Every Tuesday night-switches from practice to racing every week. Come out if you can get a Tuesday night free. Competition has been unreal there.

Ray
Old 06-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im back!!!LOL
Old 06-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just wondering how many people who have the jrxs run a servo saver? I have just about finish building and wiring up my car and was curious. I have a kimborough servo saver, but since losi includes servo horns in the kit, I was wondering was it necessary to a servo saver? (I have a Airtronics digital 97458 -think that's the right number)
Old 06-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Just wondering how many people who have the jrxs run a servo saver? I have just about finish building and wiring up my car and was curious. I have a kimborough servo saver, but since losi includes servo horns in the kit, I was wondering was it necessary to a servo saver? (I have a Airtronics digital 97458 -think that's the right number)
Just make sure you can use the servo saver and run the correct gear ratio. The space between the servo arm and the motor can get really close!

Brant
Old 06-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Just make sure you can use the servo saver and run the correct gear ratio. The space between the servo arm and the motor can get really close!

Brant
I am using a Kimborough mid-size servo saver in my JRX-S...Useable pinion sizes for Monster based 27 turn stock motor racing (30-34T) are pretty much no problem with the standard 128T spur. Going down to the optional 118T spur gear will take care of the clearance issue (requiring 35-40T pinions) for PK2 and 19 turn motors.

And changing over to the PRS spur gear adaptor will lead to other optional ratios too.

Bill
Old 06-06-2005, 01:20 AM
Tech Initiate

hi everyone. you have probly all heard this a thousand times before so if u have i apologise. i am thinking of running a jrxs with a trf415 so i was wondering if it is possible to use batteries wired with corally plugs in the jrxs or will they hit pulleys/spurs? has anyone found a way to connect batteries in this car without having to hardwire? even if the corally plugs were mounted sideways would they fit without interfearing with anything???
Old 06-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by karndriver
hi everyone. you have probly all heard this a thousand times before so if u have i apologise. i am thinking of running a jrxs with a trf415 so i was wondering if it is possible to use batteries wired with corally plugs in the jrxs or will they hit pulleys/spurs? has anyone found a way to connect batteries in this car without having to hardwire? even if the corally plugs were mounted sideways would they fit without interfearing with anything???
Karn,
You can use the corally plugs, but you mount them horizontally with a spare battery bar bent at 90 deg in the valley between the battery cells 1 & 2 for the pos+, and cells 5 & 6 for the neg-. There are some photo's if memory serves me right pages 96, 97, 98 (I think).

Peter
Old 06-06-2005, 03:03 AM
Tech Initiate

peter-
thanks for the info mate you have now given me all i need to buy a jrxs
Old 06-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Paul Ciccarello has been laying it down here on carpet. Stock, 19t and mod. We thought that the mark had been set in stock and no one was ging to eclipse it-but Paul and his JRXS just reset the mark. Then he did it again in 19t. In mod he has no one to run against, but I think hes got it dialed in there too.

Like I said earlier-the cars as tune-inable as it is tune-outable. I have certainley found ways to make it push badly and made it steer so hard I could run a 1' off the boards all the way around the track wide open-lol. But isnt that what this car is designed for? Ultimate tueability. I certainley didnt buy it because the battteries were easy to solder in-lol
Ray,
Paul is one of the reasons I bought the car. He has been a great help over the years while I was racing slot cars. His attention to detail when working with slot car chassis and bodies is exceptional as will be the work on the sedan. Look at the Parma Alfa, its still the base carpet body! When I heard he was running the JRXS I knew we would have some fantastic help.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:43 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by EricF
Todd,

Thanks for the E-clips for the spur gear and the spool pads, and letting me look over your shoulder and ask stupid questions.

Numans' car looked the best, It seemed as if it were on rails. Are you guys going to post RROC setups?

Thanks,
E
I gave it to our web guy last week so it should be up soon.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well my skeptisism is gone.

I drove my car yesterday on carpet, using most of the lemeuix setup on the losi site and it was pretty dialed to start. I made a few changes and every time= I could actually FEEL the change. It is also very snappy off the corner compared to my XXXS...

the only things different on my setup is that I am running non offset -.5 degree hubs, my diffs are high.. and I added the second thinnest rear bar.. it steers so well.. carrys speed.. and the down travel stops are a nice addition as they kept the chassis from scrubbing speed in the corner..

hopefully asphalt this weekend

This car will go fast.

//KBpower
Old 06-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Battery hole

I just got around to building my JRXS. Pretty excited. Is it really necessary to file down the battery hole in the chassis? I was going to leave it alone but decided to check here first. WIll the batteries not fit? I am running 3300 from promatch. Thanks everyone.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Im not sure if it will fit or not, im pretty sure that you need to chamfer that last slot for the battery, or it will sit too high.
-Buddy
Old 06-06-2005, 11:37 AM
The Evicerator

You need to file the edges of that one slot for proper battery fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.