R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #5731
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlend

@TCR
BTW, Associated had a TC4 in the A-Main, at the 2004 Worlds. Juho Levanen finished 5th, and you don't even know it. Thats quite bad......

I think he meant AE's best finisher at worlds (Juho) finished 30th at the reedy..
__________________
Team Tekin | Superiorhobbies.com
brians11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:33 PM   #5732
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Hi Bill, just wondering if they have website?
www.rctechonline.com is their website; but, I would think that your lhs would be able to get one-ways too.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:37 PM   #5733
Tech Elite
 
2-Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiboys
Hi Peter
I see Rob Love is using them in his carpet setup
Thanks Geoff
oh..... they must be very close to rubbing on the wheel rim.
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:37 PM   #5734
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
Gad you got them. Now go kick some butt!!

Brant
Got my extra set from you too. Only two days regular mail is PRETTY DARN GOOD.

Thanks PookyT

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #5735
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
The Speedworld Cup mod entries are starting to look like a "JRXS Nationals"
And add mine to the SW entries. See ya next weekend.
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:43 PM   #5736
Tech Elite
 
2-Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
but, I would think that your lhs would be able to get one-ways too.

Bill
yeah Dirty... have you asked your LHS.... (lazy bugger)....
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:47 PM   #5737
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
And add mine to the SW entries. See ya next weekend.
I saw you were signed up for 12th scale stock ...but no sedan classes, did you sign up for sedan? (I didn't input your form, so I don't have yours here).
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:49 PM   #5738
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
I saw you were signed up for 12th scale stock ...but no sedan classes, did you sign up for sedan? (I didn't input your form, so I don't have yours here).
Harsh,

Seeing that I am the ONLY 1/12th scale entry, do I automatically win??? And receive the 120 foot high trophy with the airplane warning beacon on the top???

Already communicating with Billy about switching from 1/12th to Expert Stock considering that my JRX-S is now flyin' with the initial Reedy setup that Todd gave me. Also have a one-way to try at Speedworld...he, he...

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 06-03-2005 at 09:03 PM.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:57 PM   #5739
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Got my extra set from you too. Only two days regular mail is PRETTY DARN GOOD.

Thanks PookyT

Bill
LOL I have a set I sent Priority to a guy who has not got them yet in 4 days! I bet his local Postman is a Losi fan too!

Brant
__________________
EA Motorsports--B-Main Motorsports--Blizzard Concepts--Loose Nuts Racing--BigDog Graphics

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:00 PM   #5740
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
LOL I have a set I sent Priority to a guy who has not got them yet in 4 days! I bet his local Postman is a Losi fan too!

Brant
Hawaii and Alaska take longer kiddo! jk

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:22 AM   #5741
Tech Elite
 
2-Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone else noticed how lumpy the diff gets after a race meeting, and the next day the diff feels good again. Is this common or am I just imagining it? (please don't send me to a home )
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:36 AM   #5742
Tech Elite
 
RBLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,745
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Has anyone else noticed how lumpy the diff gets after a race meeting, and the next day the diff feels good again. Is this common or am I just imagining it? (please don't send me to a home )
2 Bad,

Check your diff about 30 minutes after you run. It will feel smooth again. Diffs get hot and gritty and then will cool down and become smooth again. Keep in mind that the gritty nasty diff is what you're running on the track after a few laps... Usually time for a rebuild when that happens. Losi makes a stronger thrust assembly that will last longer and Traxxas actually has a thrust that will fit too. It's beefier. I am getting about a month out of my diffs (7 turns-carpet-foams). Use an excessive amount of grease on the thrust assembly.... If you're not using carbide diff balls I recommend getting some.
__________________
RC America, Xray, Hudy, R1 Wurks, EA Motorsports, ProLevel RC, Ulti Tires America, PROTOform
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:42 AM   #5743
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Posts: 79
Send a message via Yahoo to GTIRACER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureal
Yea, the July issue. Should be arriving any day now if you don't already have it. You've unmasked my secret identity!
Shane, what set up did you use on the car for the write up? I thought it was excelent to actually adjust the set up to make it owrk. That other mag said the car pushed a little. Ofcourse the tester didnt make any adjustments. Since the losi doesn have an actually one way up front like the XRAY (mags get the euro version, go figure) and the TRF415 the set up migh now have the same cornering but you set up the car to see if it was capable. Great review
GTIRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:35 AM   #5744
Tech Elite
 
2-Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLove
2 Bad,

Check your diff about 30 minutes after you run. It will feel smooth again. Diffs get hot and gritty and then will cool down and become smooth again. Keep in mind that the gritty nasty diff is what you're running on the track after a few laps... Usually time for a rebuild when that happens. Losi makes a stronger thrust assembly that will last longer and Traxxas actually has a thrust that will fit too. It's beefier. I am getting about a month out of my diffs (7 turns-carpet-foams). Use an excessive amount of grease on the thrust assembly.... If you're not using carbide diff balls I recommend getting some.
RB, So the thrust is overheating and breaking down the grease/lubricant. What about using a higher temperature/heavy duty grease? Would that work?
Also, I thought these thrust were carbide, if your saying there not, then do you have the part #?
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 06:11 AM   #5745
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Harsh,

Seeing that I am the ONLY 1/12th scale entry, do I automatically win??? And receive the 120 foot high trophy with the airplane warning beacon on the top???

Already communicating with Billy about switching from 1/12th to Expert Stock considering that my JRX-S is now flyin' with the initial Reedy setup that Todd gave me. Also have a one-way to try at Speedworld...he, he...

Bill
Moved your entry to expert stock ...Hasnain has been running a jrxs in expert stock and it works pretty damn sweet out there! c-ya next weeekend!
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Losi JRXS Fast XXXS Australia For Sale/Trade 6 11-19-2007 03:34 PM
F-S Team losi JRXS as new mcskoda Australia For Sale/Trade 6 10-31-2006 02:15 AM
FS:Team Losi JRXS BiggAlz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 03-25-2006 05:47 PM
Team Losi JRXS FS JRXSBear R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 01-19-2006 03:57 PM
Team Losi JRXS Jon Carlson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 01-18-2006 08:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:22 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net