R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-31-2005, 01:53 PM   #5656
Tech Initiate

JRX-S Bill,
In your recent set-up post you mention adding 2 shims under front blocks.

Did you mean under both front/rear front inner blocks to increase roll center hight or just front pivot blk.?
J Tronzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 01:54 PM   #5657
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to GTIRACER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Its in the hubs. If you have a problem just email losi and they will take care of you.
Even better, I just called them and they are sending me a new set. Now thats sevice
GTIRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 02:58 PM   #5658
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Tronzano
JRX-S Bill,

Did you mean under both front/rear front inner blocks to increase roll center hight or just front pivot blk.?
Add them under the front and rear support so that they are even with each other.

E
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:08 PM   #5659
Tech Addict

Can anybody help me with some pinion spur combos for stock and 19 turn motors? For stock I am running a Trinity Monster, 19 turn a V2. Just some general combos please. Thanks
Intelligentsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:34 PM   #5660
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

403, true dat!

DirtyDog, just this past weekend at Speedline(2005 on road nats location) a bone stock(other then set up) JRX-S won sportsman stock, using the kit Skoda 2 body. His car looked planted around the track, good traction and steering. My son(10 years old) finished 4th with a XXX-S running an Andys stratus and a VERY old stock motor(but it is still a pretty fast motor, and he wanted it geared up...haha).

I ran a Stratus 2.0 in 19t with a 2 year old trinity motor that was a little down on power on the straights. I still managed to squeek out a couple of Very low 13 second laps(qualified 3rd), when the best in class was 12.8(tamiya 415 with mazda 6 body, TQ).
I think my doggy motor was more of a factor then my body choice, by alot!

Needless to say, i'll have a fresh motor and a mazda 6 ready to go next race and i'll try them one at a time and see what happens..............

intelligentsia, I ran a 38 and a 39 on my trinity based 19t, the 39 was better in the straights, but still felt good in the infield. A better motor should easily pull a 39, imo. I'd start at a 39 on a decent size track, but 38 if your on a tight track. Not sure about stock in the new car yet........Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:47 PM   #5661
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Today was the first day I put the JRX-S on the track. (carpet with foams)

I ordered springs a couple of days ago, but just couldn't wait until they arrive so I decided I was gonna use the stock springs and tell myself that if it's not handling like I want it to I can change the springs and it will be better.

But the car handled GREAT, kept speed in corners, and simply looked amazing on the track...it's SOOOO MUCH different from my tc3 (and I spent countless hours, days working on the tc3). And by different I mean incomparably better.

Finally, it's such a pleasure to drive the JRX-S!!!

Thank you Losi for making a GREAT product; I really feel sorry for those of you who got defective kits, because that would be the only reason why you wouldn't like this car.

BTW, Intelligentsia, I ran a stock motor(MVP and P2k2) on a twisty, tight carpet track with foams and I experimented with pinions in the low 30's with the stock 128T spur; I personally found 30T pinion to be great, but it depends on the size and layout of your track.
tc3blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 07:57 PM   #5662
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Although I didn't do too well this weekend My car was really good and for that matter I didn't see a losi car all weekend that looked bad.

Thanks for the help this weekend Todd.

TLR / Team Orion / Spektrum / AKA / TEKIN / Horizon Hobby / upgrade rc / AVID / SCH / SPY / HAL'S HOBBY WAREHOUSE
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:51 PM   #5663
Tech Initiate

Currently, I have a FT TC3 and was looking to upgrade to a JRX-S. I read in Car Action that diffs felt very gritty after one day of running it and needed a rebuild. Has anyone experienced real gritty diffs after a few runs, and how often do you have to rebuild them?
airbear87123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:32 PM   #5664
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Mike

By raising the rear small inner blocks wouldn't you be dialing in anti-dive?
Yep.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:47 PM   #5665
Tech Champion

Quote:
JRX-S Bill,

JT,

Yep. You got it. As they came in the kit, one shim is .050" and the other is .035" for each stack under the front/rear blocks of the front end. However, Todd Hodge was initially using two (2) .050" shims in each stack for a total of .1".

Steve Weiss' setup for the Reedy has got to be a winner. Todd praised it, so I will likely try the variations of that setup too.

Bill

Old 05-31-2005, 09:54 PM   #5666
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbear87123
Currently, I have a FT TC3 and was looking to upgrade to a JRX-S. I read in Car Action that diffs felt very gritty after one day of running it and needed a rebuild. Has anyone experienced real gritty diffs after a few runs, and how often do you have to rebuild them?
I was concerned about that too...However, I haven't experienced any gritty issue after running at Speedworld, Ripon (2 times), RCCAR with two diffs in car and then at 4 Fun, SoCal and Ripon with front spool. Rear diff has done 7 long days of either racing or practice. FYI...I do use ceramic diff balls.

Bill

Old 05-31-2005, 10:04 PM   #5667
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon
GTI racer .... if you think the kit is the major cost in racing then you haven't been racing long.

I go racing for the enjoyment. The enjoyment comes from racing the car and adjusting set up to get the best results. Enjoyment doesn't come from a kit with missing parts, outdated battery trays and inferior parts. While I like the concept of the Losi, the execution was pathetic. Other manufacturers have adapted their kits to suit the larger cells for all kits sold from now on. (eg XRay, Yokomo) yet Losi releases the car full well knowing that it will not fit the current range of cells. They should at least be giving everyone the new battery tray, not charging for it.

I emailed Todd Hodge and got a lame reply stating that when the car was designed there was only 3300 cells. Yet the car was released AFTER 3700 cells were available.

As fior growing up, I am now driving a fantastic RDX (went together like a dream) and I wouldn't inflict the Losi on some poor unsuspecting racer. As darkseid stated, it is my choice what I do with the car. I decided that it deserved to be in the garbage

And no I am not rich, just a person who likes good quality products.
\

Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:11 PM   #5668
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
\

And we wish him the best of luck in the RDX forum...

Too bad he didn't contact me...I want a second JRX-S.

Bill

Old 05-31-2005, 10:59 PM   #5669
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbear87123
Personally I have 4 race days on mine with no gritty feel at all. I do keep a paint brush handy to brush off the car after every round. The pulleys are easy to get to so as to keep the grit off.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:36 AM   #5670
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Aluminum Hex hubs?

I'm looking for some aluminum hex hubs and was wanting to know what ones you guys are using on your JRXS's? I hate the plastic hubs that come in kits. They always get stuck in my wheels.
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote