R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2005, 08:40 PM   #5626
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default Reedy Race Setup

Here's the setup I ran at the Reedy Race in case anyone is interested...

FRONT SUSPENSION
Toe In/Out - +1 degree
Ride Ht - 5mm
Camber - Neg 1.5 degree
Kick - 0
Caster - 4 degree
Pulley - 41F
Front Drive - Spool
Diff Height - Low
Sway Bar - None
Front Pivot - 0 w/ custom -1 deg inner pivot supports for 1' arm sweep w/ narrower track (1' block can be used w/ standard blocks for similar geometry)
Roll Center - High
# of shims under front blocks - 0
Shock Tower - Low
Center Drive - Spool
Drive Shaft - LCD w/ Bearings
Camber Ball Stud - Short Neck
Shock Position - #1 at Top and in BK bracket
Camber Link Position - inbetween 1 and 2
Hex - Standard
Drive Axle - BK bones
Ackerman - #2 (belcranks moved back 0.150" in top deck)
Bump Steer - 5 0.030" washers on each spindle
Drag Link Location - Above
Droop - 10 mm above ride height
Arm Spacing - 0.040" back from full front
Shock Oil - 40wt TL
Shock Piston - 667
O-rings in Cartridge - 1
Bladder - Tamiya
Above Bladder - nothing
Spring - 15

REAR SUSPENSION
Toe In - 2 degrees
Ride Ht - 5mm
Camber - Neg 1 degree
Shock Position - #2 top and in BK bracket (BK bracket attached at outer hole in arm)
Camber Link Position - #8(Used TC3 rear hub carriers in inside lower hole)
Hub - 0 degree
Hex - Stock TL
Drive Axle - CVD w/ bk bones (bearings)
Camber Ball Stud - short neck
Shock Tower - Low
Diff Height - low
Sway Bar - None
Rear Pivot - 2
Roll Center - high
# of shims under blocks - 0 (no antisquat)
Droop - 9 mm above ride height
Arm Spacing - 0.040" from full back
Shock Oil - 35wt TL
Shock Piston - 667
O-rings in Cartridge - 1
Bladder - Tamiya black
Above Bladder - Nothing
Spring - 10.5 lb

Misc.
Ran Stratus 3.0 AP and Ride Accord bodies

I'm sure I forgot something...let me know if you have any questions!
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- 1UP Racing -- ActivRC -- P1 BRAND -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:43 PM   #5627
Tech Addict
 
SoCalLosiRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 550
Default

Hey Steve, what setup are you using at SoCal? Maybe this has been asked already but I don't remember seeing it. Thanks!
SoCalLosiRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:24 PM   #5628
Regional Moderator
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Darkseid, your points are true, but most don't have a problem with, "man, this car is causing me grief, help me figure this out".
The problem is with "X brand is the worst in the history of R/C, I drove over it with my 18 wheeler, set it on fire, stepped on it then threw it in the trash, i'll never buy another X brand vehicle again!".

If someone called any manufacturer and told them, your stuff sucks, i'll never buy it again, total rubbish, trash, crap, junk, you should be ashamed". That manufacturer may hang up the phone, knowing they can do nothing to help that former customer.
A better approach may be, "Hello, i'm very concerned with a problem i'm having, maybe you can help me correct this issue?".

It is called, decency, respect, tolerance, good judgement and common courtesy and it goes a long way to solving problems. Sometimes it doesn't take take place on the internet, with a small group of people at least.

If my mom burns the meatloaf, I don't tell her, "mom, you suck, this is the worst meatloaf EVER I am ashamed of you".

But on the internet I might, LOL...."keyboard balls"........In the long run, who cares, none of this matters in the least, it is entertainment. Well, at least if your not a manufacturer who could lose some business based on what someone who may never have owned your product says.....Some people actually believe this stuff, good or bad, it gets taken to heart sometimes.

Just like the mainstream media. The magazines are not perfect, BUT, neither is the internet, in fact i'd lean more on the magazine articles. They avoid the truth on occasion, rather then just making it up as they go, like the www.

Anyway, on topic, my JRX-S has run excellent, but i'll always try and "HELP" those who may have a problem if possible.............LOL, Jim
Point taken...

I just don't want people who have legitimate complaints to feel pressured not to post them. Thats all...
__________________
TLR 22...Tamiya F104...
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:50 PM   #5629
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,236
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Steve.
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:03 PM   #5630
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLosiRacer
Hey Steve, what setup are you using at SoCal? Maybe this has been asked already but I don't remember seeing it. Thanks!
My socal setup is very similar except for:

17lb front springs
9 mm droop above RH
one way diff
0.040" front sway bar

15lb rear springs
10 mm droop above RH
6A camberlink w/ 0 degree losi hub carriers
3' total toe in in the rear w/ those custom offset small suspension mounts
0.030" rear sway bar

Yokomo E Stratus body
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- 1UP Racing -- ActivRC -- P1 BRAND -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:05 PM   #5631
TLRacing
 
Todd Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Gaut
Todd, do you think the brackets will show benefits on carpet as well?
They may work on the rear with the 28mm front tires. However they will not work on the front of the car with 28mm tires.
__________________
Todd Hodge
Category Development Manager for Losi and Team Losi Racing
Losi and Team Losi Racing, brands of Horizon Hobby
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:07 PM   #5632
TLRacing
 
Todd Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evicerator
Here's the setup I ran at the Reedy Race in case anyone is interested...

FRONT SUSPENSION
Toe In/Out - +1 degree
Ride Ht - 5mm
Camber - Neg 1.5 degree
Kick - 0
Caster - 4 degree
Pulley - 41F
Front Drive - Spool
Diff Height - Low
Sway Bar - None
Front Pivot - 0 w/ custom -1 deg inner pivot supports for 1' arm sweep w/ narrower track (1' block can be used w/ standard blocks for similar geometry)
Roll Center - High
# of shims under front blocks - 0
Shock Tower - Low
Center Drive - Spool
Drive Shaft - LCD w/ Bearings
Camber Ball Stud - Short Neck
Shock Position - #1 at Top and in BK bracket
Camber Link Position - inbetween 1 and 2
Hex - Standard
Drive Axle - BK bones
Ackerman - #2 (belcranks moved back 0.150" in top deck)
Bump Steer - 5 0.030" washers on each spindle
Drag Link Location - Above
Droop - 10 mm above ride height
Arm Spacing - 0.040" back from full front
Shock Oil - 40wt TL
Shock Piston - 667
O-rings in Cartridge - 1
Bladder - Tamiya
Above Bladder - nothing
Spring - 15

REAR SUSPENSION
Toe In - 2 degrees
Ride Ht - 5mm
Camber - Neg 1 degree
Shock Position - #2 top and in BK bracket (BK bracket attached at outer hole in arm)
Camber Link Position - #8(Used TC3 rear hub carriers in inside lower hole)
Hub - 0 degree
Hex - Stock TL
Drive Axle - CVD w/ bk bones (bearings)
Camber Ball Stud - short neck
Shock Tower - Low
Diff Height - low
Sway Bar - None
Rear Pivot - 2
Roll Center - high
# of shims under blocks - 0 (no antisquat)
Droop - 9 mm above ride height
Arm Spacing - 0.040" from full back
Shock Oil - 35wt TL
Shock Piston - 667
O-rings in Cartridge - 1
Bladder - Tamiya black
Above Bladder - Nothing
Spring - 10.5 lb

Misc.
Ran Stratus 3.0 AP and Ride Accord bodies

I'm sure I forgot something...let me know if you have any questions!
Stevos car was dialed at Reedy!
__________________
Todd Hodge
Category Development Manager for Losi and Team Losi Racing
Losi and Team Losi Racing, brands of Horizon Hobby
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:10 PM   #5633
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

Thanks Tort Hartch! Your car wasn't too shabby either
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- 1UP Racing -- ActivRC -- P1 BRAND -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:25 PM   #5634
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,998
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Stevos car was dialed at Reedy!
I didn't like the way he passed me in qualifying. I have a rep to maintain out here ya know....LOL
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:25 PM   #5635
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,236
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Hi Todd,

So will we be getting rubber tire on carpet setups for Stock and 19T?

Thanks.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:32 PM   #5636
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,236
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
I didn't like the way he passed me in qualifying. I have a rep to maintain out here ya know....LOL
And now you have a rep for being passed by a JRX-S. LOL

See you at Speedworld Cup.
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:42 PM   #5637
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,998
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
And now you have a rep for being passed by a JRX-S. LOL

See you at Speedworld Cup.
it took a factory guy to do it though.....LOL The cup should be fun if the turn out is decent.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 12:12 AM   #5638
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Back That Thang Up!
Posts: 3,468
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
If my mom burns the meatloaf, I don't tell her, "mom, you suck, this is the worst meatloaf EVER I am ashamed of you".

But on the internet I might, LOL...."keyboard balls"......

That's not really a good analogy because the reason you don't tell your mom "you suck" is because she's your mom. Her importance to you should be alot more than simply a source for well cooked meat loaf.

However, if I went to a restaurant, pre-paid for my food, and was served badly burnt meatloaf, I would indeed say "this sucks, take it back, I want my money back." The only purpose of a restaurant, to me, is to serve me adequate food, nothing more. If they fail that, they SUCK.

See the difference?
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:48 AM   #5639
Tech Elite
 
W.E.D.Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Kissimmee,Fl.
Posts: 4,927
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim
Default

403, true, but "I" would still get my point accross to the "restaurant" in a respectful, decent manner and keep my dignity while doing so.

It may go like this,"Excuse me waiter, but this meatloaf is Very over cooked, i'd like another".

That way the waiter and chef won't spit in my food..............makes sense, right?........, Jim
__________________
www.wedjim.com ...Reopening soon. I'm still painting, just not with 40+ bodies waiting. :)
www.prolineracing.com
www.HarleyDavidson.com
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:56 AM   #5640
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: newbarn kent england
Posts: 100
Default

Hi Todd,

So will we be getting rubber tire on carpet setups for Stock and 19T?

Thanks.

Bill
Yes please Todd, there are a few of us in the UK that would love some advise in this area as all the set ups seem to be for mod. foam
Geoff
losiboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Losi JRXS Fast XXXS Australia For Sale/Trade 6 11-19-2007 03:34 PM
F-S Team losi JRXS as new mcskoda Australia For Sale/Trade 6 10-31-2006 02:15 AM
FS:Team Losi JRXS BiggAlz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 03-25-2006 05:47 PM
Team Losi JRXS FS JRXSBear R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 01-19-2006 03:57 PM
Team Losi JRXS Jon Carlson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 01-18-2006 08:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:03 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net