R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-29-2005, 10:15 AM   #5551
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I have a question for you guys, Im running a airtronics 94758 digital servo and I have noticed that the upper deck is flexing when turning left. I think the problem is the steering draglink is hitting the servo case. I tried putting spacers on the mounts but didnt seem to help. Also it is also afecting the steering throw. it wont turn nearly as far to one side than the other, thats how bad the dragling is hitting the servo case.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:19 AM   #5552
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana
I have a question for you guys, Im running a airtronics 94758 digital servo and I have noticed that the upper deck is flexing when turning left. I think the problem is the steering draglink is hitting the servo case. I tried putting spacers on the mounts but didnt seem to help. Also it is also afecting the steering throw. it wont turn nearly as far to one side than the other, thats how bad the dragling is hitting the servo case.
Can you post a pic? Never heard of this problem before.
Tony Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 01:36 PM   #5553
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to GTIRACER

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon
I was so impressed with my JRXS. Missing parts in the kit. A car released without having an up to date battery tray and then the plastic diff half shattering on a test run in with a stock motor. So impressed I took the electrics out and ran over it with my real car. Then threw it in the bin. In nearly twenty years of building and racing cars this has been the most unprofessional kit I have ever seen. Never another Losi for me !!!

Let the flames begin
You must be rich and have little self control..while that is bad luck its not like that with every kit. And no matter what brand of car you buy something can happen. So day you will grow up and learn to solve problems rather than throw a fit like a child
GTIRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 04:46 PM   #5554
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
I don't see how it could be hitting; unless, you put a different arm (or servo saver) on the servo. My mid-sized Kimborough servo saver DID hit the bottom deck.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 05:11 PM   #5555
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

pic of hitting servo
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS-dsc00566.jpg  
Old 05-29-2005, 05:37 PM   #5556
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
pic of hitting servo
Not seeing much. What are you seeing?

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 06:01 PM   #5557
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is the skinny on my friends build of the JRXS.
We built it in 4 hours. The kit is sweet. The shocks are to die for and the craftsmen ship is second to none. He removed some area off the read bulkhead to fit his batteries with the heat shrink. No big deal. it all fit fine. We mounted the electronics with no problems. We never could get the rear toe-in right? We even tried XXX-S hubs. Still 3dg left, 1dg right. Set the ride height at 5 mm, front droop at 3mm rear at 4mm, camber at 1-. Put it on the MIP tweak station and..............NO TWEAK!!!!!!!!!
The bubble sat perfectly between the lines!!!!!!
Unreal. I think I'm in for a spanking at our next race. (I'm still running a XXX-SG+).
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 06:50 PM   #5558
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

GTI racer .... if you think the kit is the major cost in racing then you haven't been racing long.

I go racing for the enjoyment. The enjoyment comes from racing the car and adjusting set up to get the best results. Enjoyment doesn't come from a kit with missing parts, outdated battery trays and inferior parts. While I like the concept of the Losi, the execution was pathetic. Other manufacturers have adapted their kits to suit the larger cells for all kits sold from now on. (eg XRay, Yokomo) yet Losi releases the car full well knowing that it will not fit the current range of cells. They should at least be giving everyone the new battery tray, not charging for it.

I emailed Todd Hodge and got a lame reply stating that when the car was designed there was only 3300 cells. Yet the car was released AFTER 3700 cells were available.

As fior growing up, I am now driving a fantastic RDX (went together like a dream) and I wouldn't inflict the Losi on some poor unsuspecting racer. As darkseid stated, it is my choice what I do with the car. I decided that it deserved to be in the garbage

And no I am not rich, just a person who likes good quality products.
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 07:14 PM   #5559
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Shave

Quote:
Some servo cases have to be shaved a little, this happens to be one of them.

I tried an older 158 no problems, tried a newer 360, neded a little shave.

Tight tolerences all around the car, when it's built right, it couldn't be nicer
TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 07:38 PM   #5560
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR
Some servo cases have to be shaved a little, this happens to be one of them.

I tried an older 158 no problems, tried a newer 360, neded a little shave.

Tight tolerences all around the car, when it's built right, it couldn't be nicer
Why dont all you guys just shave a it off the ballcup instead? The ballcup wont be any less strong and you dont have to hack up a servo case?

Just a tip.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 07:48 PM   #5561
Tech Regular

Quote:
pic of hitting servo
i ground down the servo a little and the rod as well
Tony Szep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 07:48 PM   #5562
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Cannon, thanks for sharing your decision with us, I know it must have been a tuff one especially bringing it out in the open in a public forum. Being able to discuss ones issues is the first step to recovery! Good job.

I know if any of us has issues with a car we buy, we always are sure to go to the thread where everyone who enjoys that cars posts and let them know our distaste for thier favorite car. It always seems to bring out the best in people to handle it that way.

At the local club race today at Speedline Hobbies(nationals 2005)a JRX-S won sportsman stock, even running the included Skoda 2 body!....Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 07:50 PM   #5563
Tech Regular

and put the spacers on the servo
Tony Szep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 08:02 PM   #5564
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

WED Jim..... the difference is I am not a Losi suck up...err team driver so I don't have to tow the line "Losi is good, Losi is the best" I buy my cars retail so I can express a "free" opinion

Your sarcasm is woeful. I thought you lived in the land of free speech. So aren't we allowed to say that we think the car is sh%#
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 08:16 PM   #5565
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

On my car I cut the servo mounts down to the mounting pin to move the servo back.