R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-26-2005, 06:59 PM   #5521
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I finally got a chance to run the car. Much like KevinK, I was impressed with the fact that the car was just ready to rock right off the bench. No strange things happening, just a little pushy off the corner. So far so good....

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:17 PM   #5522
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K
With all the renewed talk about the battery tray I wanted to ask you all a question. With my tray out of the car all my GP 3300 packs with extra shrink wrap and with out fit 100% perfect in the tray. Now when I place the packs in the car minus the tray they sit 100% perfect. When I put the tray in the car with the packs its like the front 2 or 3 cells get pulled forward and are no longer sitting perfect in the tray. The tray still can close but the front 2 or 3 cells are not sitting flush in the tray. Has anyone else noticed this? Itís not a huge problem but I donít see how the packs fit fine in the tray before itís in the car and once itís in the car they donít sit fine. Also something that I noticed with the tray is that it was hitting my battery bar that connects the last two cells. I had to grind the tray some there for a little extra clearance. I this might have been a problem with some of the guys trays early on....I know for me it made the tray harder to close until I ground a little off of it.

Kevin - I feel your pain, I had the exact same problem. All of my batteries are GP3300 Fusion packs. They come preassembled w/ shrink wrap so I cut all shrink off. Also, make sure all cells sit perfectly flat and are in line. I noticed a few of my battery bars were slightly bent, throwing cell alignment off just enough to tweak the front two cells of the pack when placed in the car. Don't forget about the chassis filing as well it is critical, but I didn't have to touch the battery tray.
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 08:33 PM   #5523
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Sounds like Hodge is laying it down in invitational (practice)... Kick some ace bro...
Old 05-26-2005, 10:17 PM   #5524
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi jon
OK guys .......i was just wondering how the new cars are working out for you guys ......thanks guys!
I wasn't a Losi fan until this car. Something about Losi didn't sit right with me, but I just wasn't seeing their inovative thinking. Now that I've driven this car, I wish there were other Losi cars in my past.

Car is very rewarding to tune. Other chassis's I've dealt with had vague reactions to suspension geometry changes. This car responds in clear and concise ways. It lets you know if the change was for good or bad, without any questions.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:50 PM   #5525
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
I wasn't a Losi fan until this car. Something about Losi didn't sit right with me, but I just wasn't seeing their inovative thinking. Now that I've driven this car, I wish there were other Losi cars in my past.

Car is very rewarding to tune. Other chassis's I've dealt with had vague reactions to suspension geometry changes. This car responds in clear and concise ways. It lets you know if the change was for good or bad, without any questions.
Glad to hear that Greg!! I am a Losi fan from WWWAAAAYYYYYY back. Your opinion on the feel of the JRXS as far as changes go are right on. But, the same is not true for the XXXSG+. It was a good car but adjustments had that mediocre-vague-soft-subtle feel that you speak of. The JRXS is a unique car.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:23 AM   #5526
Tech Elite

Default BK Brackets

The last batch is finished and I have several sets made for extras. All of the orders from today will be shipped in the morning. I have several people asking the price. The set of 4 brackets are $10.00 shipped regular USPS or I can ship it Priority for $13.00 Multiple sets can be shipped at no extra charge.( with in reason of course LOL ) Go Hodgimoto and all the JRXS drivers this weekend at the Reedy!!!!!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:30 AM   #5527
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yah, still no car here. Day 8 of what should have been two. My LHS has two on the wall.. would have been worht the extra cash to avoid the aggravation.

As of now, I will NEVER go to, or do business with Platinum hobbies EVER again.

on the positive side... my rubberneck bumpers arrived as expected... they were shipped from columbus.. AFTER the car was shipped- also from Columbus.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:41 AM   #5528
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Well-I am having fun running this car. LIke others have said-the changes on this car make definate impressions. One chnage can develop a push-or make the rear end really looose. Other simple chnages increase driveability a lot. YOu can feel a 5# rear spring change bigtime and small chnages in roll center. Its either a definate improvement or its really bad. Unfortunately-I am having the most annoying problem with my car/radio/servo and I dont know what in the heck is causing it. My EPA's are drastically off after some runs, but not others-but the car tracks straight so its not the servo horn slipping. I have started runs with oerfect circles and ended them with them 1 foot off left/right. ITs killing me as I can start a run pretty good-but end all over the place on laptimes-I think its this issue. I hate chasing set-ups when it could be a radio gear problem..aaarrrggghhhh.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:19 AM   #5529
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Yah, still no car here. Day 8 of what should have been two. My LHS has two on the wall.. would have been worht the extra cash to avoid the aggravation.

As of now, I will NEVER go to, or do business with Platinum hobbies EVER again.

on the positive side... my rubberneck bumpers arrived as expected... they were shipped from columbus.. AFTER the car was shipped- also from Columbus.

make that 2 of us waiting.... only they are sending my rubberneck bumper with the car, argh
Old 05-27-2005, 09:54 AM   #5530
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
Well-I am having fun running this car. LIke others have said-the changes on this car make definate impressions. One chnage can develop a push-or make the rear end really looose. Other simple chnages increase driveability a lot. YOu can feel a 5# rear spring change bigtime and small chnages in roll center. Its either a definate improvement or its really bad. Unfortunately-I am having the most annoying problem with my car/radio/servo and I dont know what in the heck is causing it. My EPA's are drastically off after some runs, but not others-but the car tracks straight so its not the servo horn slipping. I have started runs with oerfect circles and ended them with them 1 foot off left/right. ITs killing me as I can start a run pretty good-but end all over the place on laptimes-I think its this issue. I hate chasing set-ups when it could be a radio gear problem..aaarrrggghhhh.
What kind of servo and servosaver are you using?
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 10:07 AM   #5531
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmen34
What kind of servo and servosaver are you using?
Its all KO gear-which has been dependable. Helios and a KO2343 and 302 rx.
Its weird-I will check circles-adjust them-run a pack and at end of run check circles again-way off sometimes-sometimes not. But regardless-car tracks the same down the straight. There have been some odd handling things going on too-that lead to car feeling inconsistent. I am just going to start with a servo replacement and go form there to start. NO servo saver. I also checked all ball studs, swing rack, etc-all in perfect shape.

Thanks,
Ray
Old 05-27-2005, 01:23 PM   #5532
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Servo

Quote:
Its all KO gear-which has been dependable. Helios and a KO2343 and 302 rx.
Its weird-I will check circles-adjust them-run a pack and at end of run check circles again-way off sometimes-sometimes not. But regardless-car tracks the same down the straight. There have been some odd handling things going on too-that lead to car feeling inconsistent. I am just going to start with a servo replacement and go form there to start. NO servo saver. I also checked all ball studs, swing rack, etc-all in perfect shape.

Thanks,
Ray
Ray,

Whats up? Nice to see ya back on again. Check to make sure that you are using the appropriate servo horn. The directions call for a 25T spline when KO is actually the same as JR and Air. 23T. I have been through the excat same things you are describing.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:35 PM   #5533
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH
Check to make sure that you are using the appropriate servo horn. The directions call for a 25T spline when KO is actually the same as JR and Air. 23T. I have been through the excat same things you are describing.

Later,
Crash-thanks!! I just replaced the servo and I am using the 23t spline. I tried real hard to make it skip a tooth in my hand and it wont. Its as tight as can be. Not to mention servo is always centered when I turn on the radio.

ON the bright-side-this gave me an opportunity to clean up my awful wiring job I originally did.

I am going to do a little troubleshooting on this one and a lot of replacing stuff. Figures I have finally figured out there is an issue besides my lack of driving skill-but the KO guys and Losi guys are are all at the Reedy Race this week.

OH-I dont know how mnay pics are up of this-but heres the PRS spur gear adaptor.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS-prs-gear1.jpg   Team Losi JRXS-prs-closeup1.jpg  
Old 05-27-2005, 04:12 PM   #5534
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Crash-thanks!! I just replaced the servo and I am using the 23t spline. I tried real hard to make it skip a tooth in my hand and it wont. Its as tight as can be. Not to mention servo is always centered when I turn on the radio.

ON the bright-side-this gave me an opportunity to clean up my awful wiring job I originally did.

I am going to do a little troubleshooting on this one and a lot of replacing stuff. Figures I have finally figured out there is an issue besides my lack of driving skill-but the KO guys and Losi guys are are all at the Reedy Race this week.

OH-I dont know how mnay pics are up of this-but heres the PRS spur gear adaptor.
Good to see that you got things sorted out, cause I was starting to worry myself, I have just bought a JRXS, and exactly the same electrics (radio, servo esc). Anyway, I see that you have IB3600 cells in your car, I have packs being sent at the moment, and was wondering, did yours fit in without any mods?
Rockape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:15 PM   #5535
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape
Good to see that you got things sorted out, cause I was starting to worry myself, I have just bought a JRXS, and exactly the same electrics (radio, servo esc). Anyway, I see that you have IB3600 cells in your car, I have packs being sent at the moment, and was wondering, did yours fit in without any mods?
My IB3600 cells have the same diameter dimensions as my 3300 batteries (being 22.5-22.7 cm). No problem there.

At the Reedy, I saw the prototype aluminum trays in use by the Team Losi guys. This tray will fit GP3700s (being 23 cm) into the car with no other mods or work required. I have seen it. Losi has this issue well in hand.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 05-27-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote