Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

First night on the car last night. TQed by a lap, new track record, won the A. I love this thing. I couldn't believe how much steering and traction this car has. I had a slight problem with traction roll but I think I was running too soft of a tire. Man this car is just insane. Super sweet.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

David--Did you get to run the BK brackets and Hodge setup?

Brant
Old 05-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yes sir, except I didn't have a spool so I just used a diff. BK brackets are dialed. You did a nice job on that.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am sitting here at 11:40 EST, and I can still get a laugh out of how dialed this car was today. Tq'ed and won by a lap - so freakin' dialed. Kit setup feels very close, just minor tweeks all day.

The car has a different feel to it, and I cannot describe it. When I set the car down and gave a little squeeze, rounded a few corners, first time down the straight full punch.......It was so stable feeling, it has a soft feel, however it does not roll excessively. The car transitions so nicely - it carves the turns from one direction, then effortlessly(and immediately) into the opposite direction. Wow.

When is the next club race?

lol
Old 05-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I also tq'd by a lap. is this car sweet or what? i love this freakin thing. i'm still running close to the box stock setup the only differences are:

1. center one way instead of spool(diff up front)
2. 4.5mm ride height in rear 5mm front
3. 0 deg. rear pivot mount and 0 deg hubs (no rear toe)

Other than that this car is just like the setup in the instructions. I can honestly say that i have never been happier with a car right out of the box. with this setup on asphalt in stock class my car felt like a rocket.and was stuck like glue, the track where i race has tons of traction but this thing is even more planted than my xxxs ever was. EXCELENT JOB TEAM LOSI!!!!
Old 05-22-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Yes sir, except I didn't have a spool so I just used a diff. BK brackets are dialed. You did a nice job on that.
Hey David--I built my spool out of 2 old diff rings and just Dremel cut slots in them where the balls go. It worked like a champ. Cheap too!!!!! LOL Oh and BTW I always run the 41 tooth pulley with a spool. Later gents

Brant
Old 05-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Hey David--I built my spool out of 2 old diff rings and just Dremel cut slots in them where the balls go. It worked like a champ. Cheap too!!!!! LOL Oh and BTW I always run the 41 tooth pulley with a spool. Later gents

Brant

Hi Brant - Do you need to use the ball bearings in the pulley when you dremel the slots in the diff ring to hold the outdrives together to become a spool?
Old 05-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fatboy Joe
Hi Brant - Do you need to use the ball bearings in the pulley when you dremel the slots in the diff ring to hold the outdrives together to become a spool?
Yes or you can use an old bushings like those from the Associated buggy and truck that were used in the slipper clutch. I just left my bearings in and the thrust assy like stock. In my old G+ I had removed the thrust assy and just used some spacers and the diff screw but I was in a hurry the night I built the spool. You must use the bearings or bushings so the pulley will not move in between the diff tube and the outdrive. With the spool it comes off the corners like a rocket. On some tracks if coming out of the corners the car seems to oversteer or its a little bit squirly then try the 42 tooth pulley. Hope this helps

Brant
Old 05-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Cautions on the Spool

When you do slot the diff rings make sure you open the slot enough for the ball to sit in the groove a good ways. On my first try I tried to make a small slot and I ended up with a wobbly pulley. Be sure to check that the pulley and outdrive is spinning true and No Wobble!!!. One more word of caution. In this configuration of the spool there will be next to NO give in case of a crash. I did smack it around a few times off the walls and a couple of tangles in traffic but it held together with no problems. Build'em up gents and go kick butt!! I have high hopes for our Losi racers at the Reedy so Good Luck to you guys!!!

Brant
Old 05-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Hi Brant- Thanks for the tip on the spool build. I am currently running a spool in front now w 41T pulley, box stock setup except for 1 deg rear uprights, 4A on rear camber links, 6 deg caster, swaybars. Car is excellent. Tried the TH aspahlt setup last night on a low bite track complete w the BK brackets but I was .025" short on the shims for the pivots up front. I ran for a couple of laps to get a feel, seemed to turn in very well but rained out until I could really get the pace. Im trying it out again on wed in our team track which is more technical but has decent grip.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Anyone Running a Tekin in their JRX-S For the reedy race?

Old 05-22-2005, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gearhead3
Anyone Running a Tekin in their JRX-S For the reedy race?

Gearhead--I'm not attending the Reedy but I am running a Tekin G-10 in my JRXS. I have run Tekin speedos since 1992. Can I help you some how?

Brant
Old 05-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

I have allways ran tekin as well. I was just fishing around tring to see if anyone is using the new G-11 yet.

Old 05-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Default Setting the Droop

Hi, I know this has been asked and answered before but I cant find it in the back pages of this thread. In the setup sheets of the PROS, they put in their droop as "5mm above ride height" or "2mm above ride height", how do you measure droop this way as stated? Thanks for your help guys
Old 05-23-2005, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Todd,
Ran my car for the first time today, "buckets of rear grip ", so I thought I might try your setup. However my kit only came with 1 pair/set of 0.050" shims. Should I have had 2 pairs/sets? Or, if it's an optional part, what is the part #

Thanks,
Peter
Assuming everyones kit is the same as mine, what does anyone else use to get 0.100" roll centers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.