thanks.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:57 PM   #4862
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: BK Bones

Quote:
Originally posted by CRASH
I got my rear CVDs converted to BK Bones. Do the same bearings fit on the LCDs? The pins in the LCDs look to be a little bigger.

Thanks,
Crash: Yes, you can use the same size bearings for the front LVD's pins as well as rear CVD's. You may need to remove a SLIGHT amount of material around the LVD pins (do it by hand) to get the bearings to fit easier.

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:19 PM   #4863
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by lawtonlosi
Has anyone heard from Pookyt he kinda disappeared, getting the car might have been too much for him.

Btw pooky if you see this I got mine too, in the process of building it a lil at a time.
LMAO It was too much almost! I finally raced it Sunday and man what a ride!!! YIPPY!!!! It was worth the wait.( sort of ) The car is faster than me and I have to do some tuning but she will be perfect soon. I have to build up a spool and start getting my set-up dialed. With the G+ I had to drive the Heck out of it to run good times but with this JRXS I was faster running relaxed and smoother lines. I did however run the most consistant lap times of my life all day long. Missed TQ by 4 sec. on the out of box set-up. On our track a spool is the fastest ticket so Pooky will be sporting one next race!! WORD UP!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:20 PM   #4864
Tech Elite

Quote:
Has anyone heard from Pookyt he kinda disappeared, getting the car might have been too much for him.

Btw pooky if you see this I got mine too, in the process of building it a lil at a time.
Once you get yours ready you need to bring yo butt over here and run with us soon. Bring your JRXS with you too for the TCS warm-up race in July. Later.

Brant

Old 05-03-2005, 10:22 PM   #4865
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

You paying for gas? lol How far is that from Lawton, Oklahoma? It was about 3.5 - 4hours to Randy's and the invite
Old 05-03-2005, 10:29 PM   #4866
Tech Elite

Quote:
You paying for gas? lol How far is that from Lawton, Oklahoma? It was about 3.5 - 4hours to Randy's and the invite
No gas but I will get you a couple beers and $5 worth of singles for the " Late Night" entertainment.

Memphis is bout 6.5-7 hrs to Tulsa and bout 9 to Ok City. You may want to fly!! LOL Might be cheaper than driving.

Brant

Old 05-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #4867
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

mapquest says about 9. I dont drink so yeah lol

That may a bit out of my range at the moment, but know knows. Email me some info if yall have a somewhat big event going on.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:55 PM   #4868
Tech Elite

Quote:
mapquest says about 9. I dont drink so yeah lol

That may a bit out of my range at the moment, but know knows. Email me some info if yall have a somewhat big event going on.
Will do! And if you don't drink then you get $10 in singles. What a bargain huh? I will keep you posted and you please do the same.

Brant

Old 05-03-2005, 11:14 PM   #4869
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Hey fellas. Did some testing with rear sway bars and diff heights. Carpet-foam of course.

Rear bar definitely provides more steering and the stiffer you go the more you get. I ran the .050 and moved the ball ends in to make it stiffer and what a difference.

I raised the rear diff in hopes of freeing up the rear end. I did not notice a huge difference, but the car was definitely not as tight.

With both of these adjustments the car was really good. Seems that I am always searching for more steering in modified and that combo sealed the deal. I did not make any other changes to my set up I posted on www.jrxs.com.......

More testing to come.

Any other findings from the weekend?????
Old 05-04-2005, 12:08 AM   #4870
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

RB-good test night tonight. Rear sway bar is key. I went 0.3 sec fasterin 19t and the rear bar I think was most of that.

I too tried the raised rear diff and juries out for me. I think it frees up car in corners too. ALmost makes rear float-but in hard corners-car rolls a lot in back and even lifts the inside wheel a bit. I ran a couple tenths quicker in stock too. I am preffering Parma PLaids and Purples in stock and Parma Cyan and Magenta in 19t.

I ran the diff low in 19t and high in stock-but I think that in really high bite-the diffs gotta be low or car will lift.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:23 AM   #4871
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
RB-good test night tonight. Rear sway bar is key. I went 0.3 sec fasterin 19t and the rear bar I think was most of that.

I too tried the raised rear diff and juries out for me. I think it frees up car in corners too. ALmost makes rear float-but in hard corners-car rolls a lot in back and even lifts the inside wheel a bit. I ran a couple tenths quicker in stock too. I am preffering Parma PLaids and Purples in stock and Parma Cyan and Magenta in 19t.

I ran the diff low in 19t and high in stock-but I think that in really high bite-the diffs gotta be low or car will lift.

Ray
I have tried to get my car to lift, but have not been successful 7 turn full rip into a 180 and it stays flat as a board. The car is dialed.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:21 AM   #4872
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm in the middle of building my JRXS and I've just gotten the rear end on the car. I'm noticing the rear toe is completely different from left to right.

Without putting it on a gauge, it looks like there's maybe 2 or three degrees of toe in at the left rear wheel, and zero or maybe a half degree toe OUT at the right rear wheel.

Am I doing something wrong here? I don't recall seeing anyone else mention this in this thread.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:02 AM   #4873
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Trips
I'm in the middle of building my JRXS and I've just gotten the rear end on the car. I'm noticing the rear toe is completely different from left to right.

Without putting it on a gauge, it looks like there's maybe 2 or three degrees of toe in at the left rear wheel, and zero or maybe a half degree toe OUT at the right rear wheel.

Am I doing something wrong here? I don't recall seeing anyone else mention this in this thread.

Thanks for any advice.
1* hub backwards on the left / 1/2* backwards on the right with the 2* toe block will get you fixed up with a total of 1.5* of rear toe...
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 06:26 AM   #4874
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Then it's normal to run different degree hubs in the rear on this car? I had to do something similar on my XXX-S, but I'd have thought that Losi might have doone something about this by now.

Not really a problem I guess, if that's the way the car is, I can cope with it.

Is everyone running different rear hubs from side to side to get equal rear toe, or is it just some cars that are off?
Old 05-04-2005, 07:00 AM   #4875
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Trips
Then it's normal to run different degree hubs in the rear on this car? I had to do something similar on my XXX-S, but I'd have thought that Losi might have doone something about this by now.

Not really a problem I guess, if that's the way the car is, I can cope with it.

Is everyone running different rear hubs from side to side to get equal rear toe, or is it just some cars that are off?
Seems kinda weird, but the TC3 and the G+ like you said was the norm. I was told that Losi will prolly be coming out with alum. blocks which might fix this.

I would say with any molded parts this will happen due to tolerance issues???!!!???!!!???

Still a great car and getting BETTER!!
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote