Team Losi JRXS

Reply

Old 04-30-2005, 09:35 AM
  #4696  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...building minis
Posts: 3,250
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Is Kimborough the only servo saver manufacturer?
Greg Sharpe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 09:37 AM
  #4697  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...building minis
Posts: 3,250
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Battery Fitment Tips

Rear Cell Slot Fitment Tips: The rear slot makes or breaks the battery fitment. When prepping the chassis, intermitently install the rear bulkheads (from Bag-A) to ensure you're filing the rear cell slot in the right direction. Check out the attached picture to see the areas of key importance. Taking material off the green areas (as outlined in the instruction manual) should place the rear cell firmly against the curvature of the rear bulkhead, as well as even with the bottom of the chassis.

If done correctly, you will NEED the battery foam to prevent the battery from rattling around. There's that much space. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-rearslot2.jpg  

Last edited by Greg Sharpe; 04-30-2005 at 02:44 PM.
Greg Sharpe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 09:39 AM
  #4698  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (42)
 
John Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 8,925
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Mr. Greg I saw you in RC Driver Mag this month,your my hero..
Can you sign my book tommorow...PLEASE
John Tag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 09:48 AM
  #4699  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
wannabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: RUBBERNECK RACING Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 2,484
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Greg Sharpe
Is Kimborough the only servo saver manufacturer?
AE has a med servo saver that was perfect for the RDX, but I couldn't find one this time around. So I settled for the med. Kimbrough which is perfect, the pos. motor tag is toward the rear of the car....
wannabee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:16 AM
  #4700  
Tech Master
 
Tim Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,298
Default

Originally posted by CIVIC91
Funny...there is NO WAY a Kimbrough of any size will clear my motor...and thats with a 128/34...and thats not as tall as I wish to go. Maybe it's my servo, but I doubt I am the only one running a JR servo. I will post a pic tonight, but there clearly isn't a servo saver that will fit...one needs to be designed for this car PERIOD. There really needs to be some more infomation on this, it needs to be addressed!

I am running a JR servo
If you are running a servo that the servo link ball cup does not rub on the top of your servo, ( you did not have to file part of your servo) then you have to file the chassis under the servo saver.

The Kimbrough servo saver is not much thicker than the stock servo arm. My Fantom motor fits perfect. The only thing i can see a problem with would be the the nut holding the ball in place (with a 34 tooth). I have no clearance problems with my fantom mod motor, with a 30 tooth...I don't have anything taller, or i would try it, but it would look like you could go to at least 33 tooth, mabe shave part of the nut for 34.



#113 Servo Gear Savers____ KO, Airt. 23 Spline Drive _$ 4.00 ea
#114 Servo Gear Savers____ Futaba 25 Spline Drive __$ 4.00 ea
#131 Servo Gear Savers____ Hitec 24 Spline Drive ____$ 4.00 ea

Last edited by Gearhead3; 04-30-2005 at 10:31 AM.
Tim Johnson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:45 AM
  #4701  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (23)
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,777
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

there are also more low profile non locking nuts you could use.
L.Fairtrace is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:51 AM
  #4702  
Tech Master
 
Tim Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,298
Default

Originally posted by L.Fairtrace
there are also more low profile non locking nuts you could use.
True. If you use thread lock, it would non lockers will work
Tim Johnson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:54 AM
  #4703  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by RBLove
Wannabee is running the Kimbrough medium and is able to get a 128/40 gear mesh with no problems.......
I'll try the Kimbrough medium then...

Got my old KX-1 servo saver on there now with no problems. Springs a little weak though, so I would like to have something stronger.

Hopefully the kimbrough is the answer.
Darkseid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:56 AM
  #4704  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Gearhead3
I am running a JR servo
If you are running a servo that the servo link ball cup does not rub on the top of your servo, ( you did not have to file part of your servo) then you have to file the chassis under the servo saver.

The Kimbrough servo saver is not much thicker than the stock servo arm. My Fantom motor fits perfect. The only thing i can see a problem with would be the the nut holding the ball in place (with a 34 tooth). I have no clearance problems with my fantom mod motor, with a 30 tooth...I don't have anything taller, or i would try it, but it would look like you could go to at least 33 tooth, mabe shave part of the nut for 34.



#113 Servo Gear Savers____ KO, Airt. 23 Spline Drive _$ 4.00 ea
#114 Servo Gear Savers____ Futaba 25 Spline Drive __$ 4.00 ea
#131 Servo Gear Savers____ Hitec 24 Spline Drive ____$ 4.00 ea
Hey Gearhead, I assume thats the medium one that we keep hearing about?

Thanks for the part numbers.
Darkseid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:04 AM
  #4705  
Tech Master
 
Tim Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,298
Default

I am using the Kimbrough #113 for my jrXs

#113


#114


#131


source
Tim Johnson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:01 PM
  #4706  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (42)
 
John Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 8,925
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by L.Fairtrace
there are also more low profile non locking nuts you could use.



John Tag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:04 PM
  #4707  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (75)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,815
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default Re: Battery Fitment Tips

Originally posted by Greg Sharpe
Rear Cell Slot Fitment Tips: The rear slot makes or breaks the battery fitment. When prepping the chassis, intermitently install the rear bulkheads (from Bag-A) to ensure you're filing the rear cell slot in the right direction. Check out the attached picture to see the areas of key importance. Taking material off the green areas (as outlined in the instruction manual) should place the rear cell firmly against the curvature of the rear bulkhead, as well as even with the bottom of the chassis.

If done correctly, you will NEED the battery foam to prevent the battery from rattling around. There's that much space. Hope this helps!
Perfect. Nice pic Greg and thanks..
RBLove is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:08 PM
  #4708  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 784
Default

I'm confused. Is the book right about the spline for the servos. I have a JR DS8417and I can only fit a 25 spline on it.
DJG24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:12 PM
  #4709  
Tech Master
 
Tim Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,298
Default

Originally posted by DJG24
I'm confused. Is the book right about the spline for the servos. I have a JR DS8417and I can only fit a 25 spline on it.

The book is correct. But it seams to me that the arms that come in the kit fit nothing but futaba.......Im not sure....My JR marked servo arm would not work with my JR metal gear servo. But the futaba marked servo arm would work with my JR...........But i know the book is correct, just not the parts in the kit.
Tim Johnson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:27 PM
  #4710  
Tech Regular
 
BuddyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Gate,Ohio
Posts: 348
Default

Yeah my KO2143 servo isnt taking the 23 that it should, it says 25, but i know that KO is 23. IT is so tight, it is ripping up the plastic inside of the servo arm....
-Buddy
BuddyB is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service