Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by James Nguyen
My car has been apart twice already and I haven't even ran it yet.
....LOL yeah I have done somethings to the car to keep improving.....Right now i am tring to think of a way to get the bearing on the motor plate side to sit flush so that i can put the second c clip on the opposite side.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by James Nguyen
My car has been apart twice already and I haven't even ran it yet.
Well, practice DOES make perfect...
Old 04-24-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by JRX-S Bill
Well, practice DOES make perfect...
We'll see how perfect it is on Saturday if it doesn't rain.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Gearhead3
....LOL yeah I have done somethings to the car to keep improving.....Right now i am tring to think of a way to get the bearing on the motor plate side to sit flush so that i can put the second c clip on the opposite side.
Did you follow the numbering sequence in assembling???
Old 04-24-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

yeah that i did.........The problem is the bearing on the Motor plate side does not sit flush.....I even heated the plate to allow it to drop in, but no luck....I pulled the bearing to make sure there was not something down in the hole, but it is all clean.....I would hate to drill it, and go to far.......LOL.....But for now i will leave it, finish the rest of the car, and ether purchase a new motor plate, or call losi.....LOL.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Not that it really matters; but, I just figured out how to install the Front Spool Drive Hub as opposed to the One-Way unit.

Was wondering about the reason for those six holes in the spur gear...Duh!
Old 04-24-2005, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

yeah that i did.........The problem is the bearing on the Motor plate side does not sit flush.....I even heated the plate to allow it to drop in, but no luck....I pulled the bearing to make sure there was not something down in the hole, but it is all clean.....I would hate to drill it, and go to far.......LOL.....But for now i will leave it, finish the rest of the car, and ether purchase a new motor plate, or call losi.....LOL.
I had the same trouble. I ended up sanding the E and C clips to remove the rough finish on them and also in the end lightly sanded the aluminum spacer just a touch. No slop and everything snaped together.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Did anybody elses kit come with spool pads? Mine does not. I want to run a front spool so unless you guys tell me different I will build it with sandpaper I have used in my G+. Let a butha know whaz up!

Brant
Old 04-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

wow you sand the c clip and e clip.......OMG, and i thought i was nuts for sanding the center shaft with 2000 grip paper.....LOL......Well thanks for your info pooky...hmmmm.....
Old 04-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Tech Champion

That was the "problem" part. Wonder if what's wrong with yours was the actually issue. I just heard "mismachined". James may know.

Guess it will make it a terrific "gravity car" without it...
Old 04-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

That was the "problem" part. Wonder if what's wrong with yours was the actually issue. I just heard "mismachined". James may know.

Guess it will make it a terrific "gravity car" without it...
Well funny part is without the C clip but with the shim, everything fits perfect, no slop or anything, (without the c clip) Im kinda thinkin it does not need it.................
Old 04-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

wow you sand the c clip and e clip.......OMG, and i thought i was nuts for sanding the center shaft with 2000 grip paper.....LOL......Well thanks for your info pooky...hmmmm.....
Heck, I have polished every screw so why not!! They looked crappy all grey and bumpy. I too polished the shaft with a scotch brite and then with semi chrome polish. It looks like Orange Co. Chopper Chrome Baby!!

Anybody on the spool ? ???

Brant
Old 04-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by POOKYT
Did anybody elses kit come with spool pads? Mine does not. I want to run a front spool so unless you guys tell me different I will build it with sandpaper I have used in my G+. Let a butha know whaz up!

Brant
Understood that the car would come with diff rings that would be dimpled on one side to hold the balls (acting as a spool) and the smooth on the opposite side for standard diff action. Maybe that got axed.

Still don't see any spool parts listed in the JRX-S Parts List. Seems like the pads is the only way to go.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Understood that the car would come with diff rings that would be dimpled on one side to hold the balls (acting as a spool) and the smooth on the opposite side for standard diff action. Maybe that got axed.

Still don't see any spool parts listed in the JRX-S Parts List. Seems like the pads is the only way to go.
60 Grit it is then!!! Back to the build fellas

Brant
Old 04-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

Well funny part is without the C clip but with the shim, everything fits perfect, no slop or anything, (without the c clip) Im kinda thinkin it does not need it.................
Hmmmm....Which hub are you trying to install?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.