R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-24-2005, 06:37 PM   #4336
Tech Regular

i saw 2 people practicing with it at work and it what some people like to say DIALED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tony Szep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:42 PM   #4337
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Jrxs Racer

If you were at superior hobbies today, there was one there.
flbugboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:45 PM   #4338
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TL_XXX-S_racer

Ya Bowser had it. His car looked nice. But the XXX-S still was strong. Other people might have some but they might have not had enough time to build it and get it set up. That might be y there was only 1.

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
"Supplying all your r/c racing needs"
TL_XXX-S_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:46 PM   #4339
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
Really??? I'm using a KO too, perhapes that explains why my car was fine one lap, then drifted into the boards on the straight the next lap!?! (when I broke the bellcrank arm)

Thanks for the tip, I'm make the switch as soon as my replacement part gets here.
After having a part break on the car, would you now consider to use a servo saver... or do you think the car doesn't need one??
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:49 PM   #4340
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Szep
i have 2 tight ball cups but im going to polish all of them tonite and ill tell you haw it went.
Take your body reamer and make a hole right in the middle of the ballcup-make sure you look for debris in cup then re-install. It wont bind anymore.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:49 PM   #4341
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Re: Heres a look for the doubters...

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
Heres a look at the clearance for my 3700 w/shrink wrap AFTER all my "choping".

Any doubts should be done after people view this. The battery is STILL touching the rear bulkhead even after all the work. And your telling me a simple battery tray replacement is going to solve the problem.

Take a look...
This is a serious amonut of material to grin away just to fit batteries. Are you concern that the rear blockhead may break, cos it doesn't seem to be enough material left to be strong enough for the riggers of racing, (IMHO)?
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:47 PM   #4342
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell

Tony--I will be doing the MORL series this summer but thats about it. I am going to either asphalt nats or Vegas though. I haven't decided yet thats why I need to test rubber set-ups.

Yea, I did say no more on road but a week in Vegas is something that I really can't pass up. Plus I now have a really good reason to tell the girlfriend to let me go to Vegas without her.
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:19 PM   #4343
Tech Regular

where is the asphalt nats?
Old 04-24-2005, 08:32 PM   #4344
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Holy moly, I raced the JRXS today!

Well I finally got to rip back on my JRXS! Asphalt, CS-27, 19Turn, Losi Skoda 2, started with kit setup......

Initial impression is that this car has strengths where other cars do not. It changes direction so damn fast, yet won't get unsettled. That's probably the most explotable feature. I did not have many "option parts", had to tune around the kit parts and the chassis adjustability. The handling of the stock setup.... super turn-in, pronounced mid-corner push, decent on-power steering at corner exit.

Dave Grabowski lent me a pair of 30lb front springs which defintely allowed more roll up front, adding a bit of entry steering. I moved the rear shocks to the outer hole on the tower, added a bit more entry and exit steering. I feel the car needs springs with ratings closer to one another. I also added the anti-squat and anti-dive spacers included in the kit. They worked as advertised, but couldn't make up for the large disparity in spring rates. I think the car will be incredible on our slippery asphalt track once more springs and swaybars are in my hands.

Dave had 27# front and 15# rear with a rear swaybar. His car looked much more tossable. He also had the front one-way diff, which I think made the biggest difference between our cars, giving his car more steering everywhere, period.

One of the young kids at our track looked at my JRXS and said, "your motor's in the wrong spot!" We just about died laughing!
Old 04-24-2005, 08:37 PM   #4345
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Building my jrxs now and I have the same problem with my ballcups, they are very tight. And a question, what do those set screws with the little spot with no treads on the end of them do? And how far should they be screwed in. What happend with the jrxs instrutions. I dont think they are as good as the usual losi instructions
Old 04-24-2005, 08:57 PM   #4346
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Szep
where is the asphalt nats?
Florida in october.
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:58 PM   #4347
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Rocket Ronbo

hi guy's

For tight ball cups, the best and easiest fix is to lightly squeeze them (while on the ball) with a pair of pliers. Move the pliers around a little. Sneak up on it, increase the pressure as needed. We have done this for quite a few years. You really don't want to ream or cut the plastic if you can help it.

The set screws with the smooth area are for the pivot locator pins. They need to be adjusted for different roll centers (to go through the shims is used).

For the instructions, please use the fold-out rear page (don't ask me how I know). This page explains the different signs, important information, and screws to be used

Ron
Rocket Ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:03 PM   #4348
Tech Elite

Default Re: Holy moly, I raced the JRXS today!

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Sharpe
Well I finally got to rip back on my JRXS! Asphalt, CS-27, 19Turn, Losi Skoda 2, started with kit setup......

Initial impression is that this car has strengths where other cars do not. It changes direction so damn fast, yet won't get unsettled. That's probably the most explotable feature. I did not have many "option parts", had to tune around the kit parts and the chassis adjustability. The handling of the stock setup.... super turn-in, pronounced mid-corner push, decent on-power steering at corner exit.

Dave Grabowski lent me a pair of 30lb front springs which defintely allowed more roll up front, adding a bit of entry steering. I moved the rear shocks to the outer hole on the tower, added a bit more entry and exit steering. I feel the car needs springs with ratings closer to one another. I also added the anti-squat and anti-dive spacers included in the kit. They worked as advertised, but couldn't make up for the large disparity in spring rates. I think the car will be incredible on our slippery asphalt track once more springs and swaybars are in my hands.

Dave had 27# front and 15# rear with a rear swaybar. His car looked much more tossable. He also had the front one-way diff, which I think made the biggest difference between our cars, giving his car more steering everywhere, period.

One of the young kids at our track looked at my JRXS and said, "your motor's in the wrong spot!" We just about died laughing!
Greg?-- Did you run the center one-way or the center spool? Thanks

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:03 PM   #4349
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam Hartzell
Florida in october.
Lucky I think ill do some outdoor at riders and practice at larrys and racing at halo. I think I may go to clevland or novak race.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:11 PM   #4350
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Heres a look for the doubters...

Quote:
Originally posted by 2-Bad
This is a serious amonut of material to grin away just to fit batteries. Are you concern that the rear blockhead may break, cos it doesn't seem to be enough material left to be strong enough for the riggers of racing, (IMHO)?
I did have concerns at first, but after it was finished, (and after running today) I no longer had any concerns.

Like I said, I had just bought two brand new high quality packs, and I wasn't going to just not use them...

...so I did what I had to do. If I had it to do over again knowing everything I know now, I would have picked different batteries or a different car.

But I didn't find out until I got them both at literally the same time.

But since the Losi reps here seem to think this is going to be solved with a simple battery tray change then I'll just run what I've done now, and wait for this magic tray. Once it comes, I'll get new rear bulkheads.

People are like "oh my god, how could you do that to a new car.....eeeeeeekkkkkkkkk<insert horror movie scream there>. But what they forget is that this is the beauty of these "kits". Every part can be replaced individually. So after a pair of rear bulkheads and this magic tray, I'll be right back at box stock JRX-S kit standard.

Last edited by Darkseid; 04-24-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote