R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-29-2004, 12:32 AM   #376
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Most complicated thing would seem to be adjusting belt tension and even that is probably comparable to an Xray.
RPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:42 AM   #377
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

This car is going to deliver a great product to racers and experts alike.

We dont all drive the same 1:1 cars or trucks, or wear the same clothes or even all use the toothpaste; everyone has their own flavor of what is usefull and delivers.

For the guys that like the TL product, this ride is really going to jazz up some interest. Totally out of the box thinking in terms of previous TL releases and worth taking a look at it.

For the folks that arent interested, no big deal; I am sure that future owners will be more than happy to share their expereinces with you once the car gets into their hands.

It is hard to have a objective review on a product that is not out in the marketplace. Subjectively, this car is simply good. Time will tell.
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:56 AM   #378
The Evicerator

Mark Has Spoken!

DUN DUN DUN!
Old 09-29-2004, 01:05 AM   #379
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hodapp Send a message via Yahoo to Hodapp

Mark Dawson - Well said. I think the new car is a good thing. I am fired up more for racing because of it and I don't even run one. Just excited to race against something new. More competition = More fun.
Hodapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 01:15 AM   #380
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The POET, formerly known as the The Law, Evicerator -

- It works soooo well with a GTX!

Hodapp -

- The fun part is important. Good to see you smiling at SoCal again. You da' man.
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 03:47 AM   #381
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to copter Send a message via Yahoo to copter

I cannot much comment this car by the looks, but I hope that this one will be lighter than the previous one. Also droop settings look more accurate.

I used to have XXX-SG+. I really loved it, but I made a switch to another manufacturer ~ 6 months ago because our only Losi importer didn't manage to get any parts for it. This made it hard for me to drive this car, because every time some part went broke or I needed some hopups, I needed to order required parts from another country and it took a week to get those everytime. Shortly after I changed to another manufacturer, this only importer dropped Losi from their selections due these problems and since then there has been no importer for Losi cars in Finland. I really hope that this new model will get such attention that some local company here would start importing it.
copter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:15 AM   #382
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Those belts seem AWEFULLY exposed, with a cut out underneath for the pulleys too??? and do the pulleys need to be that big??

The design itself is simple, place cells and motor where we want them and build a drivtrain around them. Me, I think it has been hit with an ugly stick, and a compromise as the pulleys got to be wider apart than at least a pack of cells, making the bulkheads very wide, meaning short(ish) wishbones. The way I See it, the car will have rapid changed of direction, but with ALL the weight down the middle, it may get very upset my mid corner bumps and a little handlfull on FAST sweepers.

My opinio only.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:33 AM   #383
Tech Adept

the belt exposed is not that bad, i mean most belt drive cars are like that e.g. xray, 415.. they all have exposed belts. The large pulleys are used to increase efficiency as the belts are bended less when they loop around the pulley
mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:53 AM   #384
Tech Regular

The car looks really intresting, looking forward to see how it performs on the track, i`m not a big losi fan, but i think that they really got it with this car! it doesnt look to hard to work on, not harder than any other belt driven car on the market today..
The pro3 design was a good idea, nice to see that losi now have made the design idea as good as it should have been made from the beginning, thumbs up!
Hatebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 07:39 AM   #385
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by MDawson
This car is going to deliver a great product to racers and experts alike.

We dont all drive the same 1:1 cars or trucks, or wear the same clothes or even all use the toothpaste; everyone has their own flavor of what is usefull and delivers.

For the guys that like the TL product, this ride is really going to jazz up some interest. Totally out of the box thinking in terms of previous TL releases and worth taking a look at it.

For the folks that arent interested, no big deal; I am sure that future owners will be more than happy to share their expereinces with you once the car gets into their hands.

It is hard to have a objective review on a product that is not out in the marketplace. Subjectively, this car is simply good. Time will tell.
Dang ...that almost brought tears to my eyes
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:11 AM   #386
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

yup,

that was a nice post. i too am excited to see what this car is going to do for the hobby. one thing is sure, anything that is a copy does almost nothing for progression in design. the radical departure from what has become the standard in touring cars will represent either the next trend, or "what not to do" when designing a chassis.

for those of you who have consulted the expertise of carrol smith by reading his book, you may remember his quote by the smartest engineer he has known, who claims only a small fraction (i can't remember the actual value) of his ideas actually work as intended.

as many are quick to point out. engineering and drawings only go so far. the true test will be on the track. thank you team losi for not releasing another long awaited "revision".
Old 09-29-2004, 08:19 AM   #387
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by DA_cookie_monst
and do the pulleys need to be that big??
It uses the same IGR as the XXX-S.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:31 AM   #388
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Speaking of performance

That car pictured has been reported to be faster than the current xxxS on its first day of testing. So for any of you doubting performance. The lap times show that this car will be faster. So for you guys that say this set up will not work. It does period. As far as looks I like the guys statement about we all use different toothpaste. Bottom line. If you are racing touring cars the next season you will have to buy a new car to keep up. So just pick one and get back to racing.
TonyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:59 AM   #389
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by seaball
the true test will be on the track. thank you team losi for not releasing another long awaited "revision".

It is great to see all of the differing opinions happening on this thread, especially from those who haven't even seen the car in person or perform on the track. Regardless- Junior's design is generating a lot discussion, something like 22,000 hits on this thread after only 3 days!!!??? ( vs. the TC4 thread with 18,000 hits in a month?)

LOL

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:01 AM   #390
Tech Regular

I don't know if anybody has mentioned it, but I remember seeing the pics of the Losi XXX-S prototype(they had a fancy name for it too...), and that looked like it could've been very close to production. So Losi might go molded behind your back
MartinSorlie is offline   Reply With Quote