R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-23-2005, 09:24 PM   #2386
Tech Elite

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Darkseid
[B]I'll be runing a combination of old school rivals. A Novak Xxtra receiver and a Tekin G10 speedcontrol. NO, I'm not running it because I don't have anything better! I actually have a GT7 and a GM V12 I could use. But honestly, I don't see any difference between these newer speedos and Tekin's 5-6 year old design. Except that with the Tekin, its easier to program, I don't have to run a cap or a schottky AND its lighter than my GT7 by a full 6g!

I have run G-10 for the past 2 years now in my XXXSG+ and I will be using it again in my new car. It just plain works and is dead on reliable. I have purchased and used 2 different Quantum Comp 1's in on-road and offroad last year and had nothing but headaches with them. If they didn't loose their programing or just not turn on then the stupid cases always poped apart. Tekin for me fellas.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:30 PM   #2387
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by POOKYT
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
I have run G-10 for the past 2 years now in my XXXSG+ and I will be using it again in my new car. It just plain works and is dead on reliable. I have purchased and used 2 different Quantum Comp 1's in on-road and offroad last year and had nothing but headaches with them. If they didn't loose their programing or just not turn on then the stupid cases always poped apart. Tekin for me fellas.

Brant
Des what I'm talkin' bout!

From what I understand, they have made it even better with their G10pro+.

I can't wait to see what they come out with next. Many of us have expressed to them on their message boards, that whatever they come up with next they should keep all the components internal. Even if they have to leave the speedo the same size as the G10. No external caps, no external schottky....all inside. Hopefully they listen.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:33 PM   #2388
Tech Elite

AMEN !!!

Brant

Old 02-23-2005, 10:38 PM   #2389
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

in·fer ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-fûr) v. in·ferred, in·fer·ring, in·fers v. tr.---To lead to as a consequence or conclusion: “Socrates argued that a statue inferred the existence of a sculptor”
Quote:
Originally posted by T. Hodge
Raffelli-So if a racer buys a $350 JRXS kit the week of the nats or the week before he can not race it?
Todd talking about the ROAR rule regarding chassis legality in STOCK class, where he may have inferred something about the release date! What do ya'll think?
Old 02-23-2005, 10:49 PM   #2390
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Roar rule straight from the book..

12.4.3-Vehicles,parts and accessories used in stock classes must be readily availabe through retail outlets at least 14 days prior to the event.

So with that being said HURRY UP! LOL
imprsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:52 PM   #2391
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Mid march for sure!!
Your car looked really dialed yesterday Todd, mind if I get your setup on saturday?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:56 PM   #2392
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
F I G H T I N G....the urge.....to comment....<blood vessels popping>

Okay.....I'm alright now.

Just had to remember that there isn't crap I can do about the situation...

Guess I'll just have to dust off the KX-One for our local warm up race in March.
...unfortunately not everything comes out right the first time around. I cant wait to get the car, but I understand that setbacks happen. I'd rather have it right the first time rather than Losi releasing a bunch of revised parts for the car in the first couple months.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:04 PM   #2393
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Caster
...unfortunately not everything comes out right the first time around. I cant wait to get the car, but I understand that setbacks happen. I'd rather have it right the first time rather than Losi releasing a bunch of revised parts for the car in the first couple months.
Exaclty!!!
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:09 PM   #2394
Tech Elite

OK....So we want it Right ...and Right Now!! LMAO

I agree we want it done correctly the first time. My club has its first race of the outdoor season on March 13th and I was looking forward to running the new car. Especially since I have sold all my XXXS cars and parts. LOL

Brant

Old 02-23-2005, 11:21 PM   #2395
Tech Prophet

Todd did say mid march for sure, so who knows, maybe it will be out a little before then.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:40 PM   #2396
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to silver rocket

Todge: dunno if you've had a chance to try it out, but will the Intellect (IB) 3600 cells fit right into the battery tray without having to do any mods? if not, how much work will have to be done to get them to fit? Just curious .....
silver rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:30 AM   #2397
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by silver rocket
Todge: dunno if you've had a chance to try it out, but will the Intellect (IB) 3600 cells fit right into the battery tray without having to do any mods? if not, how much work will have to be done to get them to fit? Just curious .....
IB3600's are a little smaller than GP3300's. The GP3700's are larger and I have heard only two small mods need to be made for them to fit... You shouldn't have any problems......
Old 02-24-2005, 03:04 AM   #2398
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Mid march for sure!!
Can I borrow your's till mine shows up.....friend, pal, buddy....
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:34 AM   #2399
Regional Moderator

Quote:
I'd rather have it right the first time rather than Losi releasing a bunch of revised parts for the car in the first couple months.
Well I had decided not to comment on it anymore, but since you brought it up.

To tell you the truth, after hearing that speech about twenty times, at this point it just sounds like people are being apologist for Losi. I mean, heres an honest to goodness, down to earth, realistic question that HAS to be asked.

Why are people clinging to this "Mid March" thing like we haven't already heard "Mid-late Jan" and "Mid-late Feb"? I mean what solid evidence says their going to make that mark??? Now some people may get mad because I said that, but really, its a question that at this point at least HAS to cross all our minds.

Its not a happy question to think about, but still one I KNOW everyone here has thought about.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:37 AM   #2400
Regional Moderator

Quote:
I'd rather have it right the first time rather than Losi releasing a bunch of revised parts for the car in the first couple months.
Heres a little food for thought
About a week ago, I watched a two part show on National Geographic about the building of the new AirBus A380 Super Jumbo jet. And the head project manager kept saying "we have to get it right the first time....we have to get it right the first time" but in between all those comments, he was saying this just as much "it has to be on time...it has to be on time... So, even with something as large and complicated as a all new airliner, schedule is just as important as getting it "right".

Yes, they had set backs, but they KNEW they had to get it done on time and they did, because they knew being late wasn't acceptable, to the customers, but more importantly to them. I keep telling you guys this, getting a project "right" and getting it done "on time" aren't mutually exclusive.

Yes, yes, yes, I'm sure it will be "worth it in the end", if I didn't I would have moved on like others already have. All I'm saying is it would have been just as "worth it" back in Jan.!