R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-23-2005, 01:58 AM   #2341
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by newbee_racer
I've got to see if for myself. If that JRXS is really as free as a shaft car (doubtful), I might have to buy one and compare it to my TC4.
It's not doubtful at all. There is no tight kink in the belts on this car so there is no reason for it to bind up.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:42 AM   #2342
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Randy Caster...

what channel is it on and central time? I would like to see it.

Todd H., do you have any info about the LCVDs for other cars? I thought I read something about Losi making them for other cars. Also did any of the team guys say anything about getting more steering when they used them? It would be great if we all could get more instant steering.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:20 AM   #2343
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Belt vs shaft is no longer an argument. Yes-they perform differently out of the corners-but it affects handling more than sheer grunt. Also-how long the shaft drive drivetrain can spin is no longer a valid argument for on track performance. I would even argue that hogged out tranny cases and poorly set gear lash that leads to a super fast and long spinning drivetrain in the pits are disdvantageous on the track at times.

For example-my RDX drivetrian is smooth-but far from free spinning-yet it looks to me like it accelerates with any car on the track.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:39 AM   #2344
Tech Master

oooohhh boy
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:46 AM   #2345
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Re: Randy Caster...

Quote:
Originally posted by RCknight
what channel is it on and central time? I would like to see it.

Todd H., do you have any info about the LCVDs for other cars? I thought I read something about Losi making them for other cars. Also did any of the team guys say anything about getting more steering when they used them? It would be great if we all could get more instant steering.
I wish I knew man. If I see Matt come online any time soon I'll ask him for you.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:09 AM   #2346
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by newbee_racer
I've got to see if for myself. If that JRXS is really as free as a shaft car (doubtful), I might have to buy one and compare it to my TC4.
It shouldn't be doubtful to you at all. Times are a chagin'. No longer are belt drive cars considered to be heavy on drag.

Just in case this is a Losi vs. Assoc. type of "doubtful" then I'll say just forget what your hearing about the JRX-S. Instead, go check out all the reviews and reports about the Schumacher Mi2. Terms like "physics defying" were often used to discribe how amazingly free that cars belt drive is, and thats right out of the box AND Schumacher uses rubber sealed bearings on its diff outdrives! Amazing!

First the belt drive cars took all the thunder by winning everything against the super free shaft cars, now they're pulling even in the whole "look how free it is" argument.

Times...they are a changin'!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:11 PM   #2347
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by L.Fairtrace
And you know this how? Becasue I need a car for the nats and would obviously like to wait but I have to get one really soon.
I know this how? I have a little magical black box called a freaking phone and picked it up and called Losi. That is how I know...pretty amazing, I know. No actually, I spoke to the Mexican guy that cuts my grass and he told me in broken English that the JRXS will be out soon........No wait, that was my crystal ball that told me it will be out soon....................No no that is not it either, my dog told me...in 1984 right after he ate my homework!!!
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:24 PM   #2348
Tech Master

IS IT OUT YET?
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:49 PM   #2349
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
It shouldn't be doubtful to you at all. Times are a chagin'. No longer are belt drive cars considered to be heavy on drag.

Just in case this is a Losi vs. Assoc. type of "doubtful" then I'll say just forget what your hearing about the JRX-S. Instead, go check out all the reviews and reports about the Schumacher Mi2. Terms like "physics defying" were often used to discribe how amazingly free that cars belt drive is, and thats right out of the box AND Schumacher uses rubber sealed bearings on its diff outdrives! Amazing!

First the belt drive cars took all the thunder by winning everything against the super free shaft cars, now they're pulling even in the whole "look how free it is" argument.

Times...they are a changin'!
Just to add here my xxxs was killer free ceramics on the inside and with the black belt and newer pully system the car was amazingly smoth and free
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:44 PM   #2350
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TL_XXX-S_racer

Well the weight of the car at the worlds while adding weight was about 1504 grams. Which is 4 grams over weight. This is including the weight they all ready added and including the aluminum hing pin blocks. Very light
I hope the car handles good on asphalt as it does on carpet. Any thoughts?? Just trying to make the time go by quicker. lol

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
"Supplying all your r/c racing needs"
TL_XXX-S_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:53 PM   #2351
Tech Master

Default Weight

when it comes to weight I'd think that you dont want a car that's too light. I think that would be a disadvantage in traffic with cars that weigh more. Heavier objects carry more force and are harder to move.

E
Old 02-23-2005, 02:27 PM   #2352
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Weight

Quote:
Originally posted by EricF
when it comes to weight I'd think that you dont want a car that's too light. I think that would be a disadvantage in traffic with cars that weigh more. Heavier objects carry more force and are harder to move.

E
That and if you run on a bumpy surface, i.e: carpet with ripples, or bumps...With stiffer suspension like needed for carpet racing the car will come off the ground more, or at least that is my theory!!LOL
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:32 PM   #2353
Tech Addict

ya but a few pages back the Losi guys were running soft springs instead of stiff. But it will help cuase then your not driving a tank and the car pushes all over the place cause the more weight moving forward the harder for it to turn.

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
Old 02-23-2005, 02:58 PM   #2354
Tech Master

too loght too heavy... compromise is so difficult to find
Old 02-23-2005, 03:17 PM   #2355
Tech Addict

I would rather have a car to light than to heavy. Cause you can always add weight so its legal. Instead of trying to find ways to lighten the car.
Sooo..... Whats next to talk about. While we wait for the long weeks to go by. lol

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies