R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-22-2005, 01:07 PM   #2311
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

No one around here carries Yokomo parts.... A few shops have but then when the realized that the parts change constantly they stopped... You can forget about them carrying Tamiya parts, never happen.... Oh yea we have roughly 15 million people here between Long Island and NYC!!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 01:49 PM   #2312
Tech Regular

Well, as I have said, I am very leery of companies that like to come out with cars that quick together. Been burned on that one too many times. I usually wait a good 3 months after it comes out to decide to buy it, since I can't afford to buy all the latest and greatest stuff on a whim. It took me a lot of researching before I got my xxx-s g+. I think I made a great decision when it came to my abilities. It also helps keep me out of the "have to get this" crowd only to have a car come out just after I buy it that replaces it. I like to listen to the people who have owned the cars for awhile before I buy. Like most former newbies, I'm ready to find out if a better car will enable me to be that much better.
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #2313
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Post Ok here is the deal

Here is the deal

Look for the car to be shipped in the next two weeks. Yes, you heard me, I said two weeks. Losi has been waiting on one part and will box those little suckers up as soon as the part arrives. And out to the distributers they go. So hang in there. Soon the speculation will be over and the car will be in your hands. Losi has spent big $ on this project and I am confident it's performance will surpass the driving ability of most of us. Enough said.
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:55 PM   #2314
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

And you know this how? Becasue I need a car for the nats and would obviously like to wait but I have to get one really soon.
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 03:44 PM   #2315
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: Ok here is the deal

Quote:
Originally posted by Ginsu
Here is the deal

Look for the car to be shipped in the next two weeks. Yes, you heard me, I said two weeks. Losi has been waiting on one part and will box those little suckers up as soon as the part arrives. And out to the distributers they go. So hang in there. Soon the speculation will be over and the car will be in your hands. Losi has spent big $ on this project and I am confident it's performance will surpass the driving ability of most of us. Enough said.
Tomorrow is "in the next two weeks".

Old news, this date is not different from what Hodge said a few pages back. (but thanks anyway)

If what you say is true, what part do you think they are waiting on? Cause if it is an antenna post I'm gonna be disappointed.

CRCRC club administrator
Kyosho RB6, Kyosho ZX6, Kyosho SC6, Kyosho MP9e TKI
RodneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 03:49 PM   #2316
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Ok here is the deal

Quote:
Originally posted by RodneyB
If what you say is true, what part do you think they are waiting on? Cause if it is an antenna post I'm gonna be disappointed.
Someone speculated quite a while back that perhaps it was the motor plate that was the hold up. But of course it was just speculation.

Just for the sake of amusement, imagine how truely sad it would be if they had to delay the release for an antenna post! It would certainly explain why they wouldn't want to admit that to anyone! LMAO!

Man, I think the wait is really starting to effect our sanity!
Old 02-22-2005, 03:50 PM   #2317
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TL_XXX-S_racer

Yes he is correct. I also know this. While i was at the Snowbirds i asked Hodge when the car should be out. He told me that it should be out in about 3-4 weeks. Remember this was 2 weeks ago. So it should come out around the first week on March
Not to far away. Just a few more weeks guys. I remember when Corally did this on the release date for the RDX. My friend had one on pre-order but they kept moving the release date back further.
Im sure the JRXS will be well worth the wait.

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
"Supplying all your r/c racing needs"
TL_XXX-S_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 04:10 PM   #2318
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

to be honest for me this is a race between losi and xray (personally) im having a real hard time deciding, so i think ill buy the one that comes out first
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 04:27 PM   #2319
Regional Moderator

I was just looking at the pics of the Losi and the Xray, and something I was wondering about before came back to me.

Why didn't Losi contersink the screws on the upperdeck? I remember back in the day, all people talked about then was how the upperdeck screws just 'HAD' to be countersunk to avoid tweaking of the chassis in a crash. And with not one, but two upperdecks on the Losi, why did they pass on making this apparently 'oh so important' design modification?

Now, as you can tell by my tone, I wasn't too convinced back then, and I'm not that convinced now, that this is a neccesity. But it does beg the question why Losi didn't do it?
Old 02-22-2005, 04:44 PM   #2320
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I may be able to wager a correct guess here. Since the topdeck is pinned, countersunk screws are not necessary. The countersinking of screws is supposed to support side loads of the topdeck, keeping it centered over the holes each bolt is screwed into. With the pins on the JRXS doing the centering, there is no need for countersinking of the bolts. Or so I guess....

None of the cars I've owned with a countersunk topdeck could keep from being tweeked in a hard crash. Time and again after a big wreck I would put the car on the tweek station and see a decidedly bent car. Just loosening and retightening the topdeck straightened them back out. I can't wait to see if the JRXS can avoid this hassle!

p.s.-Gil,Jr cautiously said the car would be out within a month, that was at Snowbirds, and backs up TL_XXX-S_racer. The hobby shop that I ordered mine through said 2-3 weeks from today, in an email from early this morning. I sure hope their right! It would arrive within a couple days of the carpet nats.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:44 PM   #2321
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Darkseid,

Maybe the kit will have the countersunk screws...and it does make sense to me that countersunk screws would help to keep a chassis more in line.
RCevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 04:54 PM   #2322
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Sharpe
I may be able to wager a correct guess here. Since the topdeck is pinned, countersunk screws are not necessary. The countersinking of screws is supposed to support side loads of the topdeck, keeping it centered over the holes each bolt is screwed into. With the pins on the JRXS doing the centering, there is no need for countersinking of the bolts. Or so I guess....
That sounds like a pretty good guess to me...

Are you secretly on the design team and not telling us!
Old 02-22-2005, 05:51 PM   #2323
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

Will this car be out before the nats. Is there a Roar Rule that says the car has to be out 2 weeks before the event.?. I wanted to run this car in stock..

joy
Old 02-22-2005, 06:05 PM   #2324
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Roar rules say it has to be out 2 week before to be used in the stock class. At the onroad nats in 2001 I believe the host track got xxx-s kits like just at the 2 week mark. They had photocopied instructions
Old 02-22-2005, 06:39 PM   #2325
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TL_XXX-S_racer

I'm sure Losi will be on time this time. I sure hope so. We've been waiting long enough for the car and just about dying to get it. I just hope when the car does come out hobby shops will have parts near the same time the car comes in. If not then that would be worse.

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
"Supplying all your r/c racing needs"
TL_XXX-S_racer is offline   Reply With Quote