R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-14-2005, 07:54 PM   #2131
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Didn't do that good? That car looked dialed. Everyone just had some kind of bad luck.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:56 PM   #2132
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by J.Filipow
Losi xXx S- Well then, you may want to change your username!
Yes a Losi guy ! So end the rumor of the march release date ??
stumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:16 PM   #2133
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Is it posted somewhere the results with car make??? I'm not one for knowing who runs what car....
Old 02-14-2005, 08:55 PM   #2134
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

"Patience"....

I guess thats the new buzz word for this delay.

I remember the last delay, the buzz word(s) were "it'll be worth it"

Like I said, I understand that some delays can't be helped, but come on, what have we seen so far that would say we shouldn't believe another delay is coming?

Hey, hopefully we "impatient" people are wrong. Hopefully it will be out this month just like we all were expecting, but HONESTLY have any of you guys who are still patient seen anything to suggest that they will have the car out this month??? Cause if you have, please share! Help the rest of us stay patient.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:01 PM   #2135
Regional Moderator

Truthfully, I think most of this stuff is simply because we have all run out of things to talk about.

I mean we've covered...

-battery soldering
-wire routing
-body choice
-electronics choice
-whether to use the 5th body post
-what color ball cups should be included
-mounting the newer larger batteries
-jezzz........and just about everything else you can think of!

Nothing much left to talk about 'cept the release date.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:03 PM   #2136
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
Truthfully, I think most of this stuff is simply because we have all run out of things to talk about.

I mean we've covered...

-battery soldering
-wire routing
-body choice
-electronics choice
-whether to use the 5th body post
-what color ball cups should be included
-mounting the newer larger batteries
-jezzz........and just about everything else you can think of!

Nothing much left to talk about 'cept the release date.
We forgot to talk about what Color screws and wire we are going to use when we build our kits...
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:07 PM   #2137
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by vtl1180ny
Is it posted somewhere the results with car make??? I'm not one for knowing who runs what car....

Brian Kinwald
Billy Easton
Bobby Flack
Hubert Hongil (SP?)
Todd Hodge
Gil Losi
Ryan Cavaleri
Andrew Gray

I think thats it?
stumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:22 PM   #2138
Tech Fanatic

well im back to readin this thread i quit on page 17, whats the base price of this car i think im gonna sell my xxx-s and crc 3.2r, i think im gonna order one of these cars like mid-late summer and kick some butt next winter
LosiRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:35 PM   #2139
Tech Master

WE DON'T KNOW FOR SURE IF IT HAS BEEN PUSHED BACK. But I will find out in the morning.

Kiwald was 5th in pro 19t at the snow birds.

Map for the JRXS will be 369.99 usd
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:44 PM   #2140
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I know Gil Losi Jr. was heading back to California determined to facilitate the release of the car. I really believe it will be out SHORTLY...........so hang in there. Just be glad it is not the TC4 you are waiting on. I witnessed a team driver speaking in a VERY loud tone to an AE engineer that now travels with the team. I dont think the car turned out as well as AE hoped..............at least from my humble stand point.....Oh well......
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:46 PM   #2141
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Seems like the American RC companies got their butts handed to them on their own soil by the imports....
Old 02-14-2005, 10:03 PM   #2142
Tech Apprentice

Default Gearing

What we didn't talk about is gearing. Same ratio as XXXS - right? 64P - has to be, but doesn't say so (pics of gear look 64P). Overdrive / underdrive -nobody really used them in XXXS anyway...

Something one of my friends mentioned, it looks like the front bumber is going to be a weak area. It doesn't look like there is any support in a head on collision. I would think that the screws would rip right through the chassis in a good collision. I know learn to drive. But how many times have you clipped some guy walking across the track during practice, or a marshall air drops someone, right in front of you. It's hard to stop with a 7x2 cobalt under the hood.

Other things we've talked about:
The mysterious LVDs, which appear to be a reason why we are not holding this car in our own hands.

If swaybars will be included in the kit.

One-ways / spools.

New shocks. What's better about them? XXXS shocks set the standard. Change is good (hence the jrxs), but what's the big deal with these?

Will the titanium turnbuckles be as bad as the ones Losi includes with the MF2 / BK2.
lmslms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:04 PM   #2143
Tech Apprentice

I am sure Losi got hung up on something. I can't say any of their other cars took this long to get out. But they have never released a $350 (save the xxx4G+ / XXXNTAD) roller. If Losi were to screw something up on bad manufacturing, it would be really bad for them. If Losi takes their time to release the product the diehards want, they can't loose. The folks that don't buy the JRXS because it took "too long" to release will buy them in May when they find themselves in the B main.

Anyway, 2005 will be the year of Losi (like a few years back 2001-2002, when the XXX cars came out). It's very possible Losi could end up the year winning everything. JRXS, BK2, MF2, AD2, even the LST... Nobody else can even think about claiming that.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:33 PM   #2144
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by lmslms
What we didn't talk about is gearing. Same ratio as XXXS - right? 64P - has to be, but doesn't say so (pics of gear look 64P). Overdrive / underdrive -nobody really used them in XXXS anyway...

Something one of my friends mentioned, it looks like the front bumber is going to be a weak area. It doesn't look like there is any support in a head on collision. I would think that the screws would rip right through the chassis in a good collision. I know learn to drive. But how many times have you clipped some guy walking across the track during practice, or a marshall air drops someone, right in front of you. It's hard to stop with a 7x2 cobalt under the hood.

Other things we've talked about:
The mysterious LVDs, which appear to be a reason why we are not holding this car in our own hands.

If swaybars will be included in the kit.

One-ways / spools.

New shocks. What's better about them? XXXS shocks set the standard. Change is good (hence the jrxs), but what's the big deal with these?

Will the titanium turnbuckles be as bad as the ones Losi includes with the MF2 / BK2.
Actually we did attempt to talk about many of those subjects. I personally asked about the gearing. What pitch, what tooth count the included spur would be, yada yada...problem is, the discussion dies soon after the initial question because there are some things we just don't know yet.

Will sway bars be included? Again, no info yet. I hope so, I like sway bars.

The LVDs, I just hope they're worth the wait. Especially since not everyone runs a spool on their car. Thats an awfully long delay for something not everyone is interested in.

If the new shocks work half as good as they look, we should all be happy! I've never personally used the older bottom loaded Losi shocks, so these new, top filled ones, will feel right at home for me.

What went wrong with Losi's Ti turnbuckles for the MF2 and BK2?
Old 02-15-2005, 01:34 AM   #2145
Tech Apprentice

Dark,

What I meant, was, things we had talked about in this forum, that wasn't listed in your summary.

I'll bet no sway bars in the kit. Not in the pictures. Not in the write-up. We'll have to see.

Losi goofed when they had Lunsford make Ti turnbuckles for them. They had the threads run too long towards the buckle, which weakend the buckles. I can see how this might have slipped by Losi, as their drives (like all pros) don't wreck as much as you and I will. But anyway the first MF kits a few years back had these problems, and they became so bad, Lunsford stopped honoring their lifetime warrentee. However, Losi still includes the same weaker turnbuckles with the BK2 / MF2. Lunsford will not warrentee them. If you compare a Losi ti turnbuckle to a Lunsford turnbuckle for the same kit you can see the obvious difference. Even though both are made my Lunsford.

I really don't know why Losi hasn't addressed this issue. It's probably the highest failure rate part in their named kits (BK2, MF2, AD2, etc). I would say 40% of the kits will break / bend a stock ti buckle, this is a bigger problem up north where the ti becomes brittle in the cold. Losi must have entered into a long term contract to have them produced this way or something. It's not like Losi to over look things like this.

I know Losi is aware of this. I've heard people brining up these issues to Factory dirvers. I saw BK hand out one of his spares before to one of us sportsman guys, because the LHS didn't have any. Makes you wonder a bit, LHS didn't have any and a team driver had spares? Must have known they would fail????

Anyway, not bashing Losi. The first time I met a Losi guy. Long time ago, at SoCal (where else would this happen). A local sportsman driver was having trouble with his (XX era buggy). BK noticed this, walked up to the guy, asked to drive a lap or two. BK and the driver sat down, changed the setup, BK gave him new springs, and I think the tires off his own buggy (a little worn) and helped him out. I know BK was the guy that did that, not the company, but it seems that all the Losi drivers are top notch. I read somewhere on this message board a few weeks ago, that Drake gave a Bmain driver some parts to his new truck, and that guy bumped his way into the A-main, and was actually running competative laps with Drake!