Team Losi JRXS

Reply

Old 02-10-2005, 09:15 PM
  #2056  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (75)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,815
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

I think it is time to get this TTT. The most promising car on the horizon.......... Lays it down proper in the club race.

Stay tuned for qualifying. I am sure things will get mixed up some, but the Losi is looking strong...
RBLove is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:34 AM
  #2057  
Tech Master
 
Tim Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,298
Default

First round of expert 19t and Kinwald and bobby flack are in the top 10
Tim Johnson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:19 PM
  #2058  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 145
Default Re: Offer for non-US residents

Originally posted by TCR
Things are looking real good lately, the car will be out very soon. This got me thinking, People outside the USA, mostly Europeans seem to pay a bit more for American products, and they may not be as avalible to you. I was talking to a Racer from Austraila and he was telling me how cheap we got it, he pays over retail for Losi Products. I think Europeans have it the same way?

So curious, how much longer after the US release date, Does Europe, Asia, and Austraila wait??

And Do losi products cost a lot more there?

In the UK we have to pay in pounds what you pay in dollars in US so my new JRXS will cost approx 540 dollars.

Its a new delt drive car but it looks like I will be getting SHAFTED!!!
Bryan D is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 01:53 PM
  #2059  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I remember when I used to run Corally, the guys on that thread were always talking about how much it cost to by those cars in Austrialia and in the UK. Many thought about buying them over seas and then having it shipped to them. And they said it would STILL be cheaper than buying it local. OUCH!!!
Darkseid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 02:00 PM
  #2060  
Tech Master
 
lazyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Franklin,WI
Posts: 1,536
Default

Originally posted by Gearhead3
This should hold you over for a bit.


the hand in the picture is mine so i got to hold the jrx-s before anyone else thats not a team driver hehehe
lazyboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:06 PM
  #2061  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
NVisible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,188
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

how much for the hand?
NVisible is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:21 PM
  #2062  
Tech Master
 
lazyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Franklin,WI
Posts: 1,536
Default

Originally posted by NVisible
how much for the hand?
well..
lazyboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:23 PM
  #2063  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
RodneyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by RBLove
I think it is time to get this TTT. The most promising car on the horizon.......... Lays it down proper in the club race.

Stay tuned for qualifying. I am sure things will get mixed up some, but the Losi is looking strong...
Rob, you going to get the JRXS when it comes out, and if so are you gonna help me get mine dialed at Platinum?
RodneyB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:29 PM
  #2064  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Darkseid
I remember when I used to run Corally, the guys on that thread were always talking about how much it cost to by those cars in Austrialia and in the UK. Many thought about buying them over seas and then having it shipped to them. And they said it would STILL be cheaper than buying it local. OUCH!!!
ALL R/c cars are expensive to buy in Australia, regardless of which country they are manufactured in.

Here's an example: You can buy a Japanese product (Kyosho) from a US shop (Tower) and have it shipped to Australia, and it still ends up being a 30-40% saving off our local prices

To buy something like a TC4 and get it shipped to Aus will cost approx $320-350 AU, to buy it locally expect $550+ AU
bender is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:47 PM
  #2065  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
NVisible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,188
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by lazyboy
well..
price deteriorates if you washed it since touching the JRXS
NVisible is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 05:25 PM
  #2066  
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Originally posted by bender
ALL R/c cars are expensive to buy in Australia, regardless of which country they are manufactured in.

Here's an example: You can buy a Japanese product (Kyosho) from a US shop (Tower) and have it shipped to Australia, and it still ends up being a 30-40% saving off our local prices

To buy something like a TC4 and get it shipped to Aus will cost approx $320-350 AU, to buy it locally expect $550+ AU
Bender--Why is the mark up so high for you guys? Do the LHS's have to pay some kind of import tarriffs or something? I don't want to be the one who puts a local hobby shop out of buisness but you guys in other country's are getting screwed !

Brant
POOKYT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:06 PM
  #2067  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by POOKYT
Bender--Why is the mark up so high for you guys? Do the LHS's have to pay some kind of import tarriffs or something? I don't want to be the one who puts a local hobby shop out of buisness but you guys in other country's are getting screwed !

Brant
Don't I know it! The LHS's aren't making big profits on the race cars, so it's safe to assume that importers/distributors ARE

Problem is that all the major distributorships in OZ have "sole distribution rights" - so no one else can have a shot at getting a better deal.

All I can say is thank God for the internet and online hobby shops as most of us but our stuff OS.
bender is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:32 PM
  #2068  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (75)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,815
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by RodneyB
Rob, you going to get the JRXS when it comes out, and if so are you gonna help me get mine dialed at Platinum?

RodneyB,

Yes sir brutha. I am hoping to get a car before the Carpet Nationals next month. I will be doing a lot of testing as soon as I get the car. I will definitely help you out........... I think we will be in good hands. The Losi Team has run multiple carpet races now which will give us a place to start......................... Car is going to be good....
RBLove is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:54 PM
  #2069  
Tech Adept
 
losixxxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: columbus,ohio
Posts: 235
Default

hey RBLove does this mean you are going to be selling your tc4?

if so that sucks, well i guess you could still give me some tips on the tc4 i just bought jason tc4

but i heard that the jrxs is doing good at the snowbirds in mod class

later
losixxxs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:43 PM
  #2070  
Tech Addict
 
SoCalLosiRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 550
Default

Originally posted by lazyboy
the hand in the picture is mine so i got to hold the jrx-s before anyone else thats not a team driver hehehe
I got to hold Steve Weiss's jrxs back in January

I'm thinking if I sell my XXX-s now, that guarantees that the jrxs's release will be pushed back another month or so, ensuring that I go 2 months without racing.
SoCalLosiRacer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service