R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-18-2005, 08:08 AM   #1756
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: I can wait to get my hands on those new...

Quote:
Originally posted by RCknight
shocks. Anyone know if you can use AE springs on the new JRXs shocks?
yes, they'll work on the new shocks
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:04 PM   #1757
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

T.T.T.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:50 PM   #1758
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

You guys can call or pm me on the car kits. We still have a few left open on the list. M.A.P. is $349.99 but we are flexible in price.

Kraig
KT Hobbies

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 06:10 AM   #1759
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Deleted!
Old 01-20-2005, 06:24 AM   #1760
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

WOW the Losi really has gone up in price. Looking on the Losi site I do not see 350 bucks in a car. The XXXs graphite was loaded with many of the same hop ups and it was 269 or so.

Also the graphite plate does not cost that much more to make than the very inexpensive to produce plastic/graphite chassis.

I think Losi is raising the price because people are willing to spend that much. If we all stopped buying these over priced cars you think the prices would come down?
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 06:39 AM   #1761
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

When you start to talk about race orientated vehicles you generally don't produce as many cars as you would if you produced it for the mass market. What I mean is that the XXX-S is purchased by the person who just wants to go out on the street or backyard and have some fun. So therefore the market for that particular vehicle is larger.

I would be willing to bet that not as many people will be purchasing this car and then going out and driving it in their backyard. They would most likely choose the XXX-S.

Kind of jumbled sentencing but I hope you understand what I am saying. I am sure someone will clean it up for me.

Kraig
KT Hobbies

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 07:13 AM   #1762
Tech Champion

I understand what you are saying. But here is another picture for you. Why do the graphite parts cost more? The material they use is not much more than the stifezel. So when a arm set is $6 and the graphite is $11 they make a greater profit because of the perception that it it better and ou need it to race. This happens in all form of retail.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:31 AM   #1763
TLRacing

Default Release Date

Hey guys,

I just rec'd word that it is going to be late February when the car hits the streets.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:37 AM   #1764
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gatrbite

you're killin' me!
gatrbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:56 AM   #1765
Tech Master

Default Re: Release Date

Quote:
Originally posted by T. Hodge
Hey guys,

I just rec'd word that it is going to be late February when the car hits the streets.
Nice THodge.
Thanks for the info
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 09:12 AM   #1766
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by dodgeguy
WOW the Losi really has gone up in price. Looking on the Losi site I do not see 350 bucks in a car. The XXXs graphite was loaded with many of the same hop ups and it was 269 or so.

Also the graphite plate does not cost that much more to make than the very inexpensive to produce plastic/graphite chassis.

I think Losi is raising the price because people are willing to spend that much. If we all stopped buying these over priced cars you think the prices would come down?
You have very good points. And like I've said before, if it wasn't for the fact that I have a gift certificate to use at my local shop, that will push the price WAY down for me, I wouldn't be buying this car. Just like I passed on cars like the Corally Assassin and RDX, Xray T1 and T1Fk, and of course ALL the Tamiya cars! To me, there are simply too many other options below the $300 mark that are just as good. Schumacher MI2-$279, Xray Raycer-$189, TC4-$209, HPI Pro4-$269....and these cars are more than capable of winning and a couple of them are current title holders. So what makes the $350-$400 kits better.

At any given time, you can find at least three or four threads talking about why stuff cost so much. But none of them are ever about why kits now average around $300+.

Why??? Because unlike complaining about battery or charger or speedcontrol or radio cost, complaining about kit prices almost always grants you instant flame status! So most people avoid voicing opinions about it!
Old 01-20-2005, 09:16 AM   #1767
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Late Februrary???

Man, you've got to be kidding...

<...sighing...> well if they're going to push it back that far, can they at least give us a real release date...
Old 01-20-2005, 09:45 AM   #1768
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by dodgeguy

I have to disagree. Carbon fiber plate costs alot of jack..........and then you still have to have it milled/machined ......So the cost to produce a CF plate chassis is more than a molded part.....The initial mold has a higher cost but after that is taken care of the parts a ALOT cheaper to produce............
stumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:02 AM   #1769
Tech Champion

Are you talking from the retail price of plate? The cost to produce plate is not as much as you think. The machining is done all on automated machines. It follows a program.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:04 AM   #1770
Tech Master

here is the real reason why prices are so high guys.

RTR'S

THATS THE REAL REASON. It used to be that you would have to build an R/C car to get into the hobby. Then there were a few RTR's that you could sell to people that felt they just plain could not build. THEN the WHOLE DAMN INDUSTRY when to RTR's. Now the NORMAL back yard basher does not have to build anymore. So what happeneds? the price of RTR's come down, and the price of KITS go UP because NOT AS MANY PEOPLE are PURCHASING KITS... .
.But also think about this...The Tamiya, they only produced like 2000 or something. So its almost like collector.

So what motor do you all plan on running??
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote