Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T4 (17.5) Blinky

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Xray T4 (17.5) Blinky

Hey guys I am finallly ready to roll with my freshly built T4 .

However I am having a hard time with what size pinion to get for it. Using kit Spur 84T .

I have a 17.5 motor in it at the time ... I am looking to run blinky and I know that a FDR of 4.0 is a good place to start however I know I can get this FDR with the kit spur and a 39T pinion but I am worried if it will not fit . I cant seem to find any info on what the max tooth count is for 48 pitch . However I am not totally set on running a 4.0 FDR as i have a bunch of pinions and spurs on order I am just looking for something to hold me over so I can run the car .

If I can fit the 39T pinion thats great . If not what do you guys think is a good pinion to use for the kit spur that will give me an overall decent FDR with my 17.5 motor to make it around the track with a fair amount of acceleration and top speed ?

I do understand that 64P would be best for this but I am currently waiting for my parts to come in. Just looking to do what i listed above as a quick fix so i can run my car.

Thanks
Will,
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

post this in the T4 thread you will get better and faster responses.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't recall hearing about anyone running the kit spur. All of us have run 96t 64p 100t 64p and some are running 92t 64p.