R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #76
Tech Apprentice

I have been running mine now for a while and haven't broken anything other than the gears. Hopefully the motor mount from Jet will cure that, as I think that the 'paper-thin' motor mount may be causing the gears to move around abit, altering the mesh of the gears and causing them to strip.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #77
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
Here you go.....

I have yet to receive my Gambado, should arrive in my hand by next week. I already ordered a few option parts as above as well as the steel counter gears, I hope I can make it a bit more durable especially the transmission gearings. Anymore that I need to get besides those option parts, how about the arms and steering knuckles are they durable?
Order lots and lots of front steering knuckles.....Although it doesn't really matter as the gears rarely last an entire race anyway...
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #78
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyNuts View Post
I have been running a Grid/Gambado now for about 8-9 months and am having problems with the gears stripping (Gear on the back of 50t spur and the one on the end of the shaft). We are running 17.5t, but with low boost. Has anyone got any idea's on why this is happening. Have tried both gear sets (50/25 & 50/30) and replaced other parts on the drivetrain.

Back on page 4, there was a link to 'JetHobby' with someone saying about parts that can replace the thin motor mount. When I clicked the link, I couldn't find anything relevent to this or different to what is ABC's website.

Liam
Liam,

You have a bent motor plate. ABC has released a new tougher motor mount. Check on their website as well
Old 05-20-2012, 03:52 AM   #79
Tech Apprentice

Ok cheers Cannon, I hadn't seen that!

I have never broken any steering knuckles btw Tony Gray, been running the car once or sometimes twice a week, both Indoors and Out. A couple of people I know have got a Grid too, and they haven't either. Just the gearsets.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #80
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
Order lots and lots of front steering knuckles.....Although it doesn't really matter as the gears rarely last an entire race anyway...
Never had an issue with the gears ... ran mine for two weeks at TITC and never replaced one. You must crash a lot Tony to bend the motor plate
Old 06-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #81
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Having same issues here in Florida, everyone is chewing gears after 3 or 4 runs!
mapplegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #82
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapplegate View Post
Having same issues here in Florida, everyone is chewing gears after 3 or 4 runs!
Replace the original motor plate. It bends and the shaft coming off the plate is at a slight angle and the gears are not aligned and chew themselves up There is also some steel option gears available
Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #83
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Replace the original motor plate. It bends and the shaft coming off the plate is at a slight angle and the gears are not aligned and chew themselves up There is also some steel option gears available
Where can I get the plates from? Gears? Only place I have found them is Hong Kong and they want 300.00
mapplegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #84
Tech Champion

Quote:
Where can I get the plates from? Gears? Only place I have found them is Hong Kong and they want 300.00
Have you tried ABC USA?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Quote:
$300 HK is about 38 USD. Hope you didn't think it was 300 USD. That would be some expensive motor plates.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #86
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Grid

Ok guys, we have a lot of the grid chassis here in south Florida, we also have the spur gears stripping, and what a lot of drivers don't understand is that the car was designed to have a silver can 540/380 motor, so when we take a chassis that is design for a lower/slower powerplant and we decide to put a more powerful, faster powerplant and the car breaks why do we come on the forums and bash the car, I really don't think that's fear to the car, this chassis is a very good chassis priced at 138 compared to tamiya 200 and top racing 300 and it comes with a body too the others don't, I got this car and if I had to choose again I would get it again, my car is fast and I haven't broke a lot to say the car is bad, and plus as Calvin said the owner of abc was at the titc and will be coming out with upgrades to make the car stronger so all of us wanting to put more power in a car that wasn't design for it will work a lot better for us. Just give abc a chance and this car will be hard to find in the store when it wins on Sunday and sell on Monday

ABC Hobby Grid, ARC R10, Airtronics, Tekin, TQ Monkey, Zombie Batteries
www.jamrocracing.com
awjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #87
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Can I ask where you can get the steel option gears from please? I have tried ABC USA and Jet and couldn't find them..

Cheers
Old 06-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #88
Tech Elite

Quote:
Can I ask where you can get the steel option gears from please? I have tried ABC USA and Jet and couldn't find them..

Cheers
I found them on Ebay from a Japanese store named Rdvtg, its actually the counter gears 25t, 30t and the 20t. I ordered them but have not receive them yet. BTW I ll be racing my Gambado for the 1st time 2moro. you can check latest option parts from ABC Japan site, some are which not shown on ABC USA site, they even have option thick motor mount which can mount a motor cooling fan (another part). Some Japanese online stores do accept international order even if they dont have it in stock they will source the items by giving them the part no.

For the review, I received my Gambado 3 weeks ago, handling wise its day and night compare to my M03, its the best handling 2wd ff mini so far for me. All in stock form except for the Jet racing purple thick motor mount and steering system. I have not strip a gear yet and here my local club are using Hobbywing 11.5t Justock combo as spec esc and motor. I love this car......it is silent and the out of corners launch are amazing, almost felt like driving a 4wd TC car.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #89
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:

Cheers
Please go to my website www.jamrocracing.com I have them in stock thx

ABC Hobby Grid, ARC R10, Airtronics, Tekin, TQ Monkey, Zombie Batteries
www.jamrocracing.com
awjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #90
Tech Apprentice

How much thicker are the Jet Racing motor mounts compared to the standard kit ones?