Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:34 PM
The Evicerator

Go to our shopatron site and you should be able to get it there!

http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...21.26354.0.0.0

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
steveeeeee. I have a fifty dollar visa gift card and i want to use towards a purchase of an RMF XBR (or a non SS GTB if they become available again soon). How would i go about doing this if its even possible?
Old 01-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

well i've bought from there before but what im trying to say is i dont think i can use it online, it doesnt even have my name on it. It says "gift recipient."
I wouldnt know how to enter that to pay online with it if its even possible o_O

Ive bought stuff online with it before but it was ordered on will call and i went down to the hobby site's warehouse office and they have a POS terminal there they can charge it to (they had to type the card number in, they dont slide it. Some kind of virtual terminal i think). But i dont think will-call is available for novak?
Old 01-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

my god......page 6 we can1`t be having this....TTT
Old 01-30-2009, 06:02 PM
The Evicerator

Thanks SRP!

I have been out of town at the Snowbirds all this week and only been able to check in sporadically...I was afraid there were a bunch of questions that have gone un-attended to!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

I seen on the race results that you where at the birds and seem to be doing pretty good...I do have a question if you have the time. In either your thread or the Novak thread i remember seeing 3 pictures of the back of a Novak motor showing the different settings for the timing adjustments, I can not seem to locate them again. I have recently switched to brushless and trying to get the most out of them...I am running 17.5 and any help would be great. Good luck at the Snowbirds.

Steve P.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:17 PM
The Evicerator

Thanks for the well-wishes!

I don't have those pictures saved anywhere on this laptop or else I would re-post them here for you.

But the crux of it is that the slotted timing ring on the back of the motor can be turned one way or the other a fixed amount... When the ring is rotated counter-clockwise, the timing is advanced; when the ring is rotated clockwise the timing is reduced.

Most of the time we recommend people to leave the stock timing but it seems more often than not people advance the timing fully. When this is done heating and rpm are increased... please note that when the timing is advanced the gearing needs to be reduced!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the quick reply I will play with it this weekend. I will post middle of next week when you make it back home and maybe you can post the pictures again.

Steve P.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Steve ,

I curently own a GM 6t delta motor ( brushless wich is aparently = to a 3t ) and i would like to know if i can use it with my GTB , i have had it for 2 days ( the 6t GM motor ) and i would like to know if i can use it with my GTB .

Another question , if i reduce the Min.drive on my GTB , ( from 4 to 2 ) will it increase my runtime or not ?

Thanks Steve
Old 01-31-2009, 05:45 AM
The Evicerator

Hi Cyclone,

I have never run a GM 6T delta but we have made our own 6T delta wind motors here to test and we have found that they pull quite a bit more current than their "equivalent" wye wind counterparts.

I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you are running 5 cells and have plenty of gearing experience.

i just think the current draw will be quite high.

If you reduce the min drive you will probably feel a pretty big difference in bottom end response... but as far as significantl increasing your run time I honestly couldn't tell you. Theoretically it should but I can't give you some quantifiable number.

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Hi Steve ,

I curently own a GM 6t delta motor ( brushless wich is aparently = to a 3t ) and i would like to know if i can use it with my GTB , i have had it for 2 days ( the 6t GM motor ) and i would like to know if i can use it with my GTB .

Another question , if i reduce the Min.drive on my GTB , ( from 4 to 2 ) will it increase my runtime or not ?

Thanks Steve
Old 01-31-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Hi Cyclone,

I have never run a GM 6T delta but we have made our own 6T delta wind motors here to test and we have found that they pull quite a bit more current than their "equivalent" wye wind counterparts.

I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you are running 5 cells and have plenty of gearing experience.

i just think the current draw will be quite high.

If you reduce the min drive you will probably feel a pretty big difference in bottom end response... but as far as significantl increasing your run time I honestly couldn't tell you. Theoretically it should but I can't give you some quantifiable number.
Ok , i do run 5 cell and some GM people told me the proper gearing and i will be carfull , on the instruction manual of the gm motor , they say that the amp draw was of 90A @ 7.2 v and at max power , so i dont know if it will be enough runtime .
Old 01-31-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Ok , i do run 5 cell and some GM people told me the proper gearing and i will be carfull , on the instruction manual of the gm motor , they say that the amp draw was of 90A @ 7.2 v and at max power , so i dont know if it will be enough runtime .

GM Pro's, these new motors ought to have extremely high performance and high efficiency - we NEED YOU to test your GM 6T delta out and report your experience on the forum.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gini@BentKneeRC
GM Pro's, these new motors ought to have extremely high performance and high efficiency - we NEED YOU to test your GM 6T delta out and report your experience on the forum.
Well , i will run the motor next sunday but hinestly i am not so experienced with motors , i will tel you what i think of it next week .
Old 02-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'll rescue this thread from page 3.

Steve - does the novak speed control program cover completely fried GTB ESCs? In other words, can I send in the one I fried this weekend, pay the $69 and get a replacement? Why it blew up, I have no idea but I am not dwelling on that. The replacement I pulled out of my sedan worked perfectly.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Gearing

Finally got a set of Pinions for a TC5R with GTB/13.5/Orion 3800 2s. Currently installed 78/33 which would be 4.73. I have the GTB set on the factory settings. It seems sluggish. If it is the gearing, which direction should I head with the pinions? Higher or lower? Currently I have 28 thru 34.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Happy B-day

Just for the record.......yes that is old

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.