Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:14 AM
The Evicerator

Not really... there are those that will do anything for a little bit of attention or exposure... I'm not really one of them

Should be a good interview though!

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Steve

Are you dissapointed that they chose to interview Tommy VuTong in the first issue of Radio Control Babes instead of you?

I mean really, Tommy freaking VuTong?

Mike,

Sounds good! I might be able to make it!

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Steve,

Race day is Jan 24,and 25th should be fun.....They have more info about the race on nitro onroad thread....Hope to see you there.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss

Yeah, pretty much. Due to the fact I work at Novak Electronics most of the questions anymore are related to our products ... but feel free to ask anything you'd like... I usually do my best to give you an entertaining if not informative answer at least!
Sounds good, With a new touring car, should I set the camber and toe at 0 for a starting point or rummage through the factory drivers set-up sheets and average those out? Ill be running a TC5 with a GTX, 27t, rubber on asphault on a very small Hobbytown track(7-9 second laps).
Old 01-14-2009, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default lipo cut off

hi steve

this may have been asked before but i will ask anyway,can u tell me if the gtb b/l speedy has an inbuilt lipo voltage cut off & if so what it is & can it be adjusted up or down ?

thanx graham
Old 01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
The Evicerator

I usually run 1.5 or 2 degrees of camber front and rear... depending on how the car is handling.

0 toe out in the front is a good starting point... I usually run just a tick of toe out ... 0.5 degrees.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
Sounds good, With a new touring car, should I set the camber and toe at 0 for a starting point or rummage through the factory drivers set-up sheets and average those out? Ill be running a TC5 with a GTX, 27t, rubber on asphault on a very small Hobbytown track(7-9 second laps).

Graham,

The newer GTBs/SS GTBs all have internal lipo cut off. The cut off is fixed however at 6.25 V.

The easiest way to tell if your GTB has the cut off or not is to check the programming. With everything on, press and hold the button down until you see red and amber light up together, this is the color code for the lipo cut off. One blink denotes the cut feature is off, two blinks denotes the feature is on.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by Professor
hi steve

this may have been asked before but i will ask anyway,can u tell me if the gtb b/l speedy has an inbuilt lipo voltage cut off & if so what it is & can it be adjusted up or down ?

thanx graham
Old 01-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default gtb

hi steve

thanxs for the info on the gtb cut off helps me out a lot

graham
Old 01-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks, we start racing in March so I will figure it out before then...
Old 01-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What up Steve.......how ya been bro?
Old 01-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Steve, i've just crossed to the orange side and got myself a GTB 1710-L after reading countless threads about the dreaded magic smoke i found this one. The esc i've bought is a factory remanufacured product and i'm wondering if i should have a diode on the rx cable as i don't or has the fix been done internally now?
Regards Paul.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Dumb question is it safe to run any brand brushless motor with my GTB?
Old 01-18-2009, 10:12 AM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by BILKO1
Hi Steve, i've just crossed to the orange side and got myself a GTB 1710-L after reading countless threads about the dreaded magic smoke i found this one. The esc i've bought is a factory remanufacured product and i'm wondering if i should have a diode on the rx cable as i don't or has the fix been done internally now?
Regards Paul.
I am fairly certain that all the latest remanufactured ESCs have the internal fix now, but I will have to recheck once back at work this week.

Originally Posted by racer x 1
Dumb question is it safe to run any brand brushless motor with my GTB?
You should be able to run any sensored brushless motor with your GTB... I would pay attention to what wind you use with how many cells... for instance, I would not recommend running someone else's 2.5 turn with a 2S lipo

I'd say anything from 3.5 and up should be fine.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the response Steve, if it is internal as i suspect could you find out if there is a way to be 100% sure please? Maybe the number on the barcode or the way the componants are laid out that you can see through the bottom cover.
Regards Paul.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

It's good to know that even with all these fancy new motors coming out, I can still throw in my trusty old Novak 13.5 and it'll run right with them, or even be .1 faster. And, imagine that, you can even buy replacement rotors for them!

The only thing you guys are missing is a "bling" series with more easily adjustable timing and some sexy new looks. :-)
Old 01-19-2009, 08:42 AM
The Evicerator

Bilko,

Just PM me the serial number on your ESC and I should be able to figure out if it has it or not.

Originally Posted by BILKO1
Thanks for the response Steve, if it is internal as i suspect could you find out if there is a way to be 100% sure please? Maybe the number on the barcode or the way the componants are laid out that you can see through the bottom cover.
Regards Paul.
Thanks for the compliments Adam! We're very proud of our motors! And don't worry...we never stop working around here

Originally Posted by Adam?
It's good to know that even with all these fancy new motors coming out, I can still throw in my trusty old Novak 13.5 and it'll run right with them, or even be .1 faster. And, imagine that, you can even buy replacement rotors for them!

The only thing you guys are missing is a "bling" series with more easily adjustable timing and some sexy new looks. :-)
Old 01-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Power Cap question - I believe the XBR used a smaller power cap. Would it be effective to use the smaller power cap on the GTB only running a 1s (3.7v) lipo with a 13.5 motor?
Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default yellow ring

Hi Steve,

The new TCS rules for GT2 stipulate that we need a yellow ringed 17.5. I have the old 17.5 with a black ring.

Without buying a new motor just to get the yellow ring, is there an easier way?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.