R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #6646
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I just wired up a GTB with a 17.5 in a TC. Is it safe to leave the fan off of the GTB?
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #6647
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WTF is this thread aboot?
clamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:43 AM   #6648
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
I just wired up a GTB with a 17.5 in a TC. Is it safe to leave the fan off of the GTB?
More than likely it should be fine... we always recommend using the fan because cooler electronics are happier electronics, but I don't think you'll run into trouble without the fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamber View Post
Well it's pretty much about anything really... but more often than not due to the fact I work at Novak Electronics, most of the questions pertain to that and our products!

Hope this helps!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #6649
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

cobbler or strudle?
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #6650
The Evicerator

Tough question! They are both very good! Hmmmmmmm

I guess I'm gonna have to go with the strudle...for now
Old 01-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #6651
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

hmm...

okay one more.

Yams or Sweet Potatoes?
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #6652
Tech Rookie

Hi Steve, can you get the lower plastic cover for the novak gtb esc on its own, i got one 2nd hand with an xray t2008 i bought and its like the last owner got abit excited with the soldering iron!
cheers Gray
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #6653
The Evicerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
hmm...

okay one more.

Yams or Sweet Potatoes?
Sweet Potatoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray View Post
Hi Steve, can you get the lower plastic cover for the novak gtb esc on its own, i got one 2nd hand with an xray t2008 i bought and its like the last owner got abit excited with the soldering iron!
cheers Gray
I should be able to get you a case... just PM me your mailing address and I'll see what I can do for you!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:59 AM   #6654
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Steve,

I just started using the GTB with 5.5T and 2S LiPo on TouringCar. I was wondering if I could remove the heatsink or make it smaller? Or could I remove the fan? I'm not running more than 6-min runs on carpet with rubber tire.

Why I'm thinking about this? To get left-right balance better and the car a bit lighter.

I could test things but thought asking first would save me some time. Don't care about warranty I think its gone anyway.
lauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #6655
The Evicerator

Lauri,

Even though you are running a semi-mild motor for a touring car, I would still recommend running the fan because it will aid in keeping the system cooler, and thus, performing better.

I can't see removing the fan saving you more than 10 grams or so... so I don't know that the weight savings are so much that they warrent removing the fan.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #6656
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Scuba,

Hey just wanted to let you know that crstal park is going to have a 2 day race sponsored by Kamikaze and a bunch of us are planning to run mod.

We practiced there sat, and sunday with no problems. They have a new layout . We ran 4.5 brushless with lipo and are cars were balistic. Almost as fast as gas cars.... Also alot of the fast gas guys are starting to run electric and plan to run mod at this race..

So hopefully you , Josh, and Randy can make it...
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #6657
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamber View Post
I just stumbled acrossed it myself, it seems to always be at least on the first page, I am guessing you can ask random questions about anything related to on-road racing and life in general...
Old 01-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #6658
The Evicerator

Mike,

Sounds cool!! I haven't run out there in a looooong time, but it'd be great to get out there again!

When is the race??

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Scuba,

Hey just wanted to let you know that crstal park is going to have a 2 day race sponsored by Kamikaze and a bunch of us are planning to run mod.

We practiced there sat, and sunday with no problems. They have a new layout . We ran 4.5 brushless with lipo and are cars were balistic. Almost as fast as gas cars.... Also alot of the fast gas guys are starting to run electric and plan to run mod at this race..

So hopefully you , Josh, and Randy can make it...

Yeah, pretty much. Due to the fact I work at Novak Electronics most of the questions anymore are related to our products ... but feel free to ask anything you'd like... I usually do my best to give you an entertaining if not informative answer at least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdsupra88 View Post
I just stumbled acrossed it myself, it seems to always be at least on the first page, I am guessing you can ask random questions about anything related to on-road racing and life in general...
Old 01-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #6659
Tech Regular

Steve

Are you dissapointed that they chose to interview Tommy VuTong in the first issue of Radio Control Babes instead of you?

I mean really, Tommy freaking VuTong?
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #6660
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main
Default race day

Steve,

Race day is Jan 24,and 25th should be fun.....They have more info about the race on nitro onroad thread....Hope to see you there.
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote