R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #6331
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

I've never worn any crocs myself... so I don't have enough first hand experience to say one way or ther other... but somehow a family wearing crocs seems more appealing than a family full of birkenstocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McKinney View Post
Hey Steve!

Now for some serious questions: Crocs or Birkenstocks?

I prefer Birks myself for their OG appeal, but a family of 5 with matching Crocs just looks SO...appealing. What's your preference?
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- 1UP Racing -- ActivRC -- P1 BRAND -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #6332
Tech Master
 
HB Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Surf City, USA
Posts: 1,080
Default

When can we expect an EX 17.5 motor?
__________________
Bruce "Moose" Riedinger
HB Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #6333
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

I haven't heard any talk about offering an EX 17.5 ...

Really the only major difference is in the rotor between the EX and the Pro lines.

And no one that I know prefers the bonded rotor over the sintered rotors.

Why exactly would you be interested in an EX 17.5?
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- 1UP Racing -- ActivRC -- P1 BRAND -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:50 PM   #6334
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 936
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
He did well at Bending Corners Raceway too!
It's that private Jet that Bob lets his employees use to get from event to event. Between Steve in Germany and Bending Corners, and Charlie at the Rock Crawler event, they must have stacked up a big fuel bill.
Tony Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:22 PM   #6335
Tech Champion
 
heavy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 5,139
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Steve, Is it true to say the 17.5 has a black timing ring and the 13.5 has a orange timing ring ? Is there any circumstance where a 17.5 could have a orange timing ring ?

Thanks.
__________________
Honorary Life Member Logan RCCC -Mi6EVO and Serpent F1
Honorary Life Member Chargers RCCC -Cat K1 Aero
Life Member Bayside RCCC -Schumacher Mi6EVO
Boondall. SuperShot, XX, SVR,Schumacher Storm BigWig
heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #6336
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

Heavy,

The 17.5 pro's have had black timing rings just until recently. The latest production batches should now have YELLOW timing rings to signify that they are 17.5s.

13.5's should be easily denoted with the ORANGE timing ring.

Under no circumstance should a 17.5 have an orange ring.



Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy View Post
Steve, Is it true to say the 17.5 has a black timing ring and the 13.5 has a orange timing ring ? Is there any circumstance where a 17.5 could have a orange timing ring ?

Thanks.
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- 1UP Racing -- ActivRC -- P1 BRAND -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #6337
Tech Champion
 
heavy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 5,139
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Steve
__________________
Honorary Life Member Logan RCCC -Mi6EVO and Serpent F1
Honorary Life Member Chargers RCCC -Cat K1 Aero
Life Member Bayside RCCC -Schumacher Mi6EVO
Boondall. SuperShot, XX, SVR,Schumacher Storm BigWig
heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #6338
Tech Master
 
tmunno's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: ANIMAL!! ANIMAL!!
Posts: 1,301
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Steve Thanks to you and Charlie for taking care of the warranty on one of our esc's . Have been way to busy with work and going to Chicago to see Toni graduate from basic to write a proper Thank-You. Hope to see both of you at the Snowbirds again this year. Lynn and Tony Munno

Toni will be in Calif. for the next year, you guys may hear from her.
__________________
Tony Munno
Munnograffix
CFX Paintworks,
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #6339
Tech Elite
 
RCHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default

Hey Steve,

Novak GTB in a 2wd off-road buggy, 6 cell nimh battery, novak 8.5 ss pro motor.

Speed control pulsates the throttle untill the speed control codes out and stops responding. The error code is blue solid, amber solid, green and red blinking alternately. Any idea on what is the problem?

Thanks, Mark.
__________________
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway
1258 South Main Street, Waterbury, CT. 06706
203-575-9757 / www.rchr.biz / [email protected]
RCHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #6340
Tech Adept
 
Oakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orange Co, CA
Posts: 128
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Hi Steve,

This is my first venture into a brushless system. I just finished putting together a ZX-5 4wd buggy with a GTB SS esc, Velociti 7.5R with a 21t pinion, Orion 3600 Lipo's and is all controlled with a 3PK and a FASST system. Everything aside from the Tx & Rx are brand new and I seem to have ran into a problem with the esc/motor.

The motor only works intermittently. I did the one-touch setup on the esc (program 1 with LiPo cutoff activated) many times and am still having problems. When it runs, it runs great. However, about half the time, when the buggy comes to a stop, it won't start up again. If you lightly push it forward, it will go again - almost like something is binding up. The driveline is completely bind-free and the mesh was set using a piece of paper.

There's no regularly appearing error codes, although a few times the blue and green lights were blinking indicating a possible locked rotor. Could there be a problem with the sensor? ESC? Could my Tx not be setup correctly?

I was hoping to run it this Sunday at OC/RC. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #6341
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmunno View Post
Steve Thanks to you and Charlie for taking care of the warranty on one of our esc's . Have been way to busy with work and going to Chicago to see Toni graduate from basic to write a proper Thank-You. Hope to see both of you at the Snowbirds again this year. Lynn and Tony Munno

Toni will be in Calif. for the next year, you guys may hear from her.

No problem! We are always glad to help! Hope to see you sometime at the races!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHR View Post
Hey Steve,

Novak GTB in a 2wd off-road buggy, 6 cell nimh battery, novak 8.5 ss pro motor.

Speed control pulsates the throttle untill the speed control codes out and stops responding. The error code is blue solid, amber solid, green and red blinking alternately. Any idea on what is the problem?

Thanks, Mark.
I think I PM'd you about this already... check to make sure that the lipo cut off is not on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakley View Post
Hi Steve,

This is my first venture into a brushless system. I just finished putting together a ZX-5 4wd buggy with a GTB SS esc, Velociti 7.5R with a 21t pinion, Orion 3600 Lipo's and is all controlled with a 3PK and a FASST system. Everything aside from the Tx & Rx are brand new and I seem to have ran into a problem with the esc/motor.

The motor only works intermittently. I did the one-touch setup on the esc (program 1 with LiPo cutoff activated) many times and am still having problems. When it runs, it runs great. However, about half the time, when the buggy comes to a stop, it won't start up again. If you lightly push it forward, it will go again - almost like something is binding up. The driveline is completely bind-free and the mesh was set using a piece of paper.

There's no regularly appearing error codes, although a few times the blue and green lights were blinking indicating a possible locked rotor. Could there be a problem with the sensor? ESC? Could my Tx not be setup correctly?

I was hoping to run it this Sunday at OC/RC. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Are you using lipo or nimh cells with your system...? Are the ESC and motor hot after they run...? It's possible you might have some damage to one or the other... but it's hard to say without looking at it.
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- 1UP Racing -- ActivRC -- P1 BRAND -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #6342
Tech Addict
 
MarkBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 712
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I've been experimenting with drag and push brakes on my GTB. What I'm noticing is that the same numerical setting of drag brake and min (push) brake feels very different on the track. Say I have a drag brake setting of 5. This feels fairly soft / smooth on the track. Then I change settings to drag brakes off and min brake 5. I adjust the transmitter subtrim to where I have min brake with the trigger at neutral. This feels a lot harder. On the track, the car might be unstable when I use this amount of brake at high speed, whereas the car is planted, and decellerates a lot more gradually, with the same amount of drag brake at the same speed.

Is what I'm seeing normal, or do I perhaps have a bad GTB? I have a nearly-new spread-spectrum-optimized GTB. Cheers,

--mark
MarkBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #6343
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

Hi Mark,

I went and spoke with one of the engineers about your observations and it definately seems strange to both of us.

The table in the software that determines the drag brake and the minimum brake is the same... so the same percentages and same brake frequencies should be used regardless if it is "drag brake" or "minimum brake"

He thought that maybe because of the way that your ESC's nuetral point has been moved forward it might give the feeling of stronger brakes because you actually go through a dead band which isn't powering the motor or braking it.

Regardless, if you want to send your ESC in to me with a note referencing this problem we can check it out and I can make sure that it has the latest software installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBrown View Post
I've been experimenting with drag and push brakes on my GTB. What I'm noticing is that the same numerical setting of drag brake and min (push) brake feels very different on the track. Say I have a drag brake setting of 5. This feels fairly soft / smooth on the track. Then I change settings to drag brakes off and min brake 5. I adjust the transmitter subtrim to where I have min brake with the trigger at neutral. This feels a lot harder. On the track, the car might be unstable when I use this amount of brake at high speed, whereas the car is planted, and decellerates a lot more gradually, with the same amount of drag brake at the same speed.

Is what I'm seeing normal, or do I perhaps have a bad GTB? I have a nearly-new spread-spectrum-optimized GTB. Cheers,

--mark
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- 1UP Racing -- ActivRC -- P1 BRAND -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #6344
Super Moderator
 
Grizzbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sand Springs, OK
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hey Steve, got a question about the Sentry, I know the software is only mentioned as compatible with Windows XP & Vista, but has it been tried with any others, like Windows 2000? Reason I ask is becuase my laptop has Win2000, & while I believe I can upgrade it to XP, I'd prefer not to(given how much of a resource hog XP & especially Vista can be). Also, about mounting the Sentry in a car, am I right in thinking that the the "X" & its arrow(the markings on the casing denoting the accelerometers I mean) should point straight forward? Appreciate any help you can give...
__________________
Bob Seay
Tamiya TRF417, TA05v.2, TRF211XM, M-05ver.2R, XRAY X12, Associated B5m Factory Lite

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #6345
Tech Elite
 
Syber Serulean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Riverside
Posts: 3,656
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean
Default

XP isnt much of a resource hog in truth. Vista is lol. 512ram can run respectable on XP but HORRID on vista. Regardless, i guess XP and vista > 2000 as far as resources go.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
STUFF FOR SALE """"LQQK """" EZRC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 03-13-2007 07:20 PM
"""NEW""" Collari .21 3 port buggy motor lc21-b3 goneRVing R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 12-20-2006 06:25 PM
STUFF FOR SALE """"LQQK """" EZRC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 10-22-2006 09:49 PM
""" XRAY FK05 """ excellent cond/super clean/stock evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-29-2006 10:04 PM
Let's send Steve Weiss (Evicerator) to Cleveland!!! TeamButter Electric On-Road 8 11-02-2004 11:32 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:36 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net