Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss

You're on Page 422 of 473
Go to
  • Quote: Francis,

Yes the 13.5 or 10.5 will fit in the Traxxas slash. I saw Orlando Sherman has already setup his with a 10.5.

The 550 motor will fit the same as the 540 , just a little longer.

Thanks Kevin, was there a speed difference or excessive heat. The reason I asked about using the standard motor was because of the extra weight on the Slash....
  • What do you do with a rotor like this?

Magnet is now off the shaft.
  • 1M,

There are a number of things you could choose to do with it, but first and foremost I would recommend sending it back in to us for replacement if you see fit.

This is a link to our Waranty Service Form which I recommend you fill out and use as guide:

http://www.teamnovak.com/cs/cs_forms..._v19_11508.pdf
  • Steve, if he decides not to send it back for replacement, could you please tell us some other things he could do with it. Thanks.
  • Well,

If he wants a project he can clean off the surface of the hub (part with the shaft on it) with some scotch brite and the inside of the magnet with a pipe cleaner or some other such device... then try to glue them together using a high-temperature green Loctite.

If not in the mood for a project the magnet would be great for affixing notes/paperwork to the refrigerator for the entire family to see!
  • Steve, I tried a new 13mm rotor in a 3.5. 3 runs and it hardly has any magnetic strength. Does this qualify for warranty?
  • Hi Steve,

I'm currently using GTB ESC with SP motor. If I enable the lipo cut-off function
    can I still use it with normal Ni-MH 6-cell batts? or do I have to disabled the
    lipo cut-off function when using Ni-MH?

Any ideas which setting is good for a Speed Passion 11.5T, 10.5T and 9.5T?
    I find it kinda slow when comparing to my friend who is using LRP TC Spec
    when we're using the same SP motor. Currently I'm using profile 1 with drag brake off.

Thank you for your time. Cheers.
  • Quote: Steve, I tried a new 13mm rotor in a 3.5. 3 runs and it hardly has any magnetic strength. Does this qualify for warranty?
    Simply print out a waranty service form and send it in along with your rotor for evaluation.

Quote: Hi Steve,

I'm currently using GTB ESC with SP motor. If I enable the lipo cut-off function
    can I still use it with normal Ni-MH 6-cell batts? or do I have to disabled the
    lipo cut-off function when using Ni-MH?

Any ideas which setting is good for a Speed Passion 11.5T, 10.5T and 9.5T?
    I find it kinda slow when comparing to my friend who is using LRP TC Spec
    when we're using the same SP motor. Currently I'm using profile 1 with drag brake off.

Thank you for your time. Cheers.

I would recommend shutting off the lipo cut off function when using NiMH cells due to the variation in how the different battery types run. NiMH cells generally "drop off" faster than lipo cells so the cut off may get confused and kick in unwantedly
  • Hey Steve!

Now for some serious questions: Crocs or Birkenstocks?

I prefer Birks myself for their OG appeal, but a family of 5 with matching Crocs just looks SO...appealing. What's your preference?
  • Quote: Hey Steve!

Now for some serious questions: Crocs or Birkenstocks?

I prefer Birks myself for their OG appeal, but a family of 5 with matching Crocs just looks SO...appealing. What's your preference?
  • Good job at the ETS race in Germany this past weekend.
  • Quote: Good job at the ETS race in Germany this past weekend.
    He did well at Bending Corners Raceway too!
  • batteries
    hey steve: Why did novak stop offering matched batteries and does novak have any plans on a lipo batty? Thanks
  • Bman,

We stopped offering matched packs because it became too difficult for us to keep up with the battery changes... At the time GP's were the hot ticket...but it seemed like every month or two there was a hot new "revision" of the cell but it was difficult for us to stay ahead of the curve on it...

As far as the lipos go... I don't see that happening anytime soon... they are afraid of the liability involved with the batteries.
  • Quote: hey steve: Why did novak stop offering matched batteries and does novak have any plans on a lipo batty? Thanks
    besides.....if Novak put their killer name and quality into a lipo battery along with their brushless motors....no one in Sac would want to go down the straight with me...