R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #6241
Tech Master

Dodge- Look at the notch on the bottom, by the screw.

Steve, you are a class act. I don' care what anyone says.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:54 PM   #6242
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
Hi Artwork,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your equipment.

Did you happen to get some actual temperatures on the motors that you tried?

If the motor is not really hot (under 150 normally) you can try removing the blue wire from the sensor harness to see if this helps your problem at all.

We have seen some ESCs that have "touchy" thermal shutdowns...but usually they are like that from the get go and do not "catch" it later in life... but there is a possbility there could be something wrong with your ESC...and if the blue wire fix doesn't help I would recommend sending everything in for a good once over and replacement.
Well after some investigation work I found that the motor is working just fine. I put it into another car with a different GTB and it ran fine all afternoon. I guess the GTB is bad after all. It seems like I have one of those GTBs with the touchy thermal shutdown, or something else entierly.

I guess I can send it in to be fixed, but I think it is out of warranty, so it is gonna cost me a bunch of money to get fixed.

Thanks again for your help!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:23 AM   #6243
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
I guess I can send it in to be fixed, but I think it is out of warranty, so it is gonna cost me a bunch of money to get fixed.

Thanks again for your help!
You could just send it back for a refurb with the same warranty you had on the original. It would not cost you as much as a new one either.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #6244
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Old 06-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #6245
Tech Master

Default Re GTB reverse voltage harness

Steve GTB safety harnesses arrived last week.....Thanks "EH"

TJ
THEBIGBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:31 PM   #6246
Tech Master

Questions?? RE....sevo protection harness.

Steve, there is a note in the envelope with the harnesses that says the silver stripe on the shrink wrap goes towards the receiver. When I hook the wires that way I don't get any current to the receiver or personal transponder. When I put the silver end at esc everything works fine. Am I having a grey moment or what. I put the the old harness back in for now.

TJ
Old 06-05-2008, 08:55 AM   #6247
The Evicerator

Well, the stripe SHOULD be facing towards the receiver for everything to work properly... it is not implausable to think that somone wired the diode in backwards in your harness... I'm going to have to go into the back and see what's going on.

Thanks for the head's up!
Old 06-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #6248
The Evicerator

I went into the back and got a few of the harnesses they have back there...all of the ones I pulled apart looked to be wired correctly.

There is a chance that the harness you got was wired backwards... but I have attached a picture for proper installation just to clear things up in case you have things oriented differently.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss-diodeharnessinstallation.jpg  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #6249
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Steve, quick question about my GTB. Not that i need reverse but reverse doesn't work when I selected the 5 profile. I'm using a both novak and lrp brushless. Is my speedo jacked up or the motors won't allow reverse to operate? I have a 13.5 novak and a 10.5 lrp x11. any input will be appreciated. Thanks
trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #6250
The Evicerator

Are you sure that you're in profile 5?

Also, note that reverse should only work after the trigger has gone back to nutral...so that means if you have throttle or brake trim dialed into your transmitter the ESC might not "see" neutral long enough to initiate the smart braking/reverse function.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #6251
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
I went into the back and got a few of the harnesses they have back there...all of the ones I pulled apart looked to be wired correctly.

There is a chance that the harness you got was wired backwards... but I have attached a picture for proper installation just to clear things up in case you have things oriented differently.

Hope this helps.
Talk about customer service How's it going bro?
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #6252
Tech Master

Smile

"DUH".........GREY MOMENT, As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Ironically I installed the one on my 10L2 correctly, (by mistake) and installed the other on my TC4 incorrectly. The 10L2 worked fine the TC4 did not. My error was assuming the end with diode and shrink went closest to the receiver not accounting for the silver stripe being towards the receiver. It's all in the details!!!!!!!! Now I know why I have to be back at the "home" by 11pm. Thanks guys my bad!!!!!!!!

FYI....... I ran the 10L2 on 6 cells, last years 4200's and the GTB with 13.5 motor,RC/4LESS pink front and rear, "PUJO" 905 body. another 10L2 was running 4cell with a 10 double brushed motor and the cars were virtually equal. In 6 minutes my motor temperature was 116 degrees. Rollout was 52mm, geared 87/24. I'm going to switch to a 75 spur so I can gear up some more. Then the next step is to try the 10.5 motor. 10 Pan on asphalt is FUN, FUN, FUN. Next week we are going to see if we can run an 8 minute main.

BE
TJ

Last edited by THEBIGBULL; 06-05-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #6253
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL View Post
"DUH".........GREY MOMENT, As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Ironically I installed the one on my 10L2 correctly, (by mistake) and installed the other on my TC4 incorrectly. The 10L2 worked fine the TC4 did not. My error was assuming the end with diode and shrink went closest to the receiver not accounting for the silver stripe being towards the receiver. It's all in the details!!!!!!!! Now I know why I have to be back at the "home" by 11pm. Thanks guys my bad!!!!!!!!

FYI....... I ran the 10L2 on 6 cells, last years 4200's and the GTB with 13.5 motor,RC/4LESS pink front and rear, "PUJO" 905 body. another 10L2 was running 4cell with a 10 double brushed motor and the cars were virtually equal. In 6 minutes my motor temperature was 116 degrees. Rollout was 52mm, geared 87/24. I'm going to switch to a 75 spur so I can gear up some more. Then the next step is to try the 10.5 motor. 10 Pan on asphalt is FUN, FUN, FUN. Next week we are going to if we can run an 8 minute main.

BE
TJ
OH YEH.....I forgot the best part I won by about 10ft after 6 minutes!!!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #6254
The Evicerator

Glad to see you got it sorted out and you won your race!
Old 06-06-2008, 10:59 AM   #6255
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Steve,

What is the air speed of the average unladen european swallow?
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote