R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-27-2008, 08:25 AM   #5926
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Many too many tech questions in here and not enough GOOFING OFF!

eeeeeeeEEEEEWWWWOOOOOOOOOOooooooooP!

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:21 AM   #5927
Tech Fanatic

Steve:

You have a pair of jacks in the hole and three other players are in the hand after 2 raises pre-flop. The flop is 10-K-A and the noob on the button stiffens slightly. First up is the tough guy across the table, who is just ahead of you on chips. He bets big and the guy to your right folds. You know the tough guy likes to see hands all the way to the river but has had a couple of bad bluffs called on him already in this game.

It's your action. What do you do?
Old 02-28-2008, 11:28 PM   #5928
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Um... get out the book of "Poker for Dummies" and learn how to play
Old 02-29-2008, 06:20 AM   #5929
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Hey Steve, does Novak have any new ESC's on the way? Looking to see if you all might have a GTB replacement coming to battle the competition...

One thing we could always count on from Novak is new ESC's every couple of years, and it appears that the competition is doing some things to get more power/speed from all makes of BL motors. I love my GTB, it's been very reliable, 8-months of racing and no issues, but all the faster guys have been running LRP Sphere's and now the Speed Passion GT's.

Thanks for any insider information you can leak.

Last edited by kn7671; 02-29-2008 at 07:50 AM.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #5930
The Evicerator

Well I can't really leak too much information ... but

I can tell you that we're always working on new things around here... we are very aware of some of the changes our competitors have made and we are working to "answer" them... it's just a long process of trial and error and testing to get it just the way we want it. In physics nothing comes for free... so it's a balancing act with speed, reliability, durability, and ease of use. On the whole progress is going pretty well.

We get alot of feedback from our drivers and customers and we've been trying to get as many improvements incorperated as possible.

So I really can't give you a good answer as to when something might be made available... but I can tell you that we ARE working on things and you can rest assure that something WILL be made available and when it is available I think there will be alot of happy people

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
Hey Steve, does Novak have any new ESC's on the way? Looking to see if you all might have a GTB replacement coming to battle the competition...

One thing we could always count on from Novak is new ESC's every couple of years, and it appears that the competition is doing some things to get more power/speed from all makes of BL motors. I love my GTB, it's been very reliable, 8-months of racing and no issues, but all the faster guys have been running LRP Sphere's and now the Speed Passion GT's.

Thanks for any insider information you can leak.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #5931

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to pc9840 Send a message via AIM to pc9840 Send a message via Yahoo to pc9840
Default Magnets

Steve - Any advantage to Zapping Magnets in a BL motor? Asking this questions without having looked into it at all, sorry if it sounds dumb.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #5932
Tech Regular

It's pretty expensive to zap a Neo magnet and the power required is somewhat dangerous.

Steve,

If you bred a bull dog and a shitsu what would it be called?
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:31 AM   #5933
The Evicerator

A shi-dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's pretty expensive to zap a Neo magnet and the power required is somewhat dangerous.

Steve,

If you bred a bull dog and a shitsu what would it be called?
Old 02-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #5934
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

in my opinion if the GTB had punch control/adjustment, & timing control it would be the shiznit!!!!

then again is timing control allowed for stock racing????

if its not, then maybe make 2 new versions of the gtb??
LOSI123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:44 AM   #5935
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Steve- With Speedworld re-paving and extending the track I plan on running the 13mm rotor in the 4.5 and 3.5 with Lipo. What FDR should I use again. With the 12mm rotor I ran the 4.5 at 8.5FDR and the 3.5 around 9.4FDR Instruct me ole wise one. I gotta rep as the King of the straight to live up to...ha ha ha
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #5936
The Evicerator

Well I probably would have run around 9.4 with the 4.5 and 10.1 with the 3.5 with the 12.3 mm rotor on 6 cells.

With Lipo and those same motors with 13.0 mm rotors I'd gear up two teeth from there... so it'd probably wind up being right about what you were gearing before... but that's just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Steve- With Speedworld re-paving and extending the track I plan on running the 13mm rotor in the 4.5 and 3.5 with Lipo. What FDR should I use again. With the 12mm rotor I ran the 4.5 at 8.5FDR and the 3.5 around 9.4FDR Instruct me ole wise one. I gotta rep as the King of the straight to live up to...ha ha ha
Old 03-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #5937
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
Well I probably would have run around 9.4 with the 4.5 and 10.1 with the 3.5 with the 12.3 mm rotor on 6 cells.

With Lipo and those same motors with 13.0 mm rotors I'd gear up two teeth from there... so it'd probably wind up being right about what you were gearing before... but that's just me

Thanks bro.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #5938
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Steve, I just crawled out from under my rock and saw the Mongoose this weekend, nice little setup there, what kind of speeds are you pulling with it?
Old 03-03-2008, 02:23 AM   #5939
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
Um... get out the book of "Poker for Dummies" and learn how to play
copout!

alright, a 'real' question, then: any plans for a PC link for the speedos? or a Pit Wizard style device?
Old 03-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #5940
The Evicerator

Sorry, I can get my way through most questions but poker player just isn't one of my strong suits

As far as the PC link or the pit wizard device... we're working on things like that... I think the industry is more ready for them now... I think with the pit wizard we were a little ahead of our time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McKinney View Post
copout!

alright, a 'real' question, then: any plans for a PC link for the speedos? or a Pit Wizard style device?