Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss >

Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss

Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss

Reply

Old 10-01-2007, 04:39 PM
  #5326  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 137
Default

Steve-

could you post some of the amain drivers set-ups on their GTB's. Especially Barry's 1/12th profile or Tosso's profile. Did anyone use the Novak motor and what Rotor are you using for 1/12th (13mm or 12.5). Are you suggesting negative expo as well?

Thanks for your help,
cookie1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:40 AM
  #5327  
The Evicerator
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

mshap,

When compared to the standard rotor I would probably turn the drag brake down from wherever you had it before.

Most guys are running drag brake settings 1 (off), 2, or 3... it really depends on the driver's preference or the track conditions.

Also, some guys have been playing around with the minimum drive as well. Most people use setting 1 for the smoothest possible response but if you feel like you need a little bit more snap off the bottom try settings 2 or 3.

Cookie,

Most of the guys ran their GTBs with pretty much the default settings which are now 1% minimum drive and their preference of drag brake which is anywhere from 6-9%.

Some of the guys run negative expo in throttle...anywhere up to 20%... on the brake side some guys run up to 30% negative expo.

Toso ran a Novak 4.5 turn with a 13.0 mm rotor

Ciccarello ran a Novak 4.5 with a 12.3 mm rotor.

Barry was running a Checkpoint (Feigao) brushless motor and I don't really have too many details on the motor itself... they are very secretive over there
Steve Weiss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:40 AM
  #5328  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 51
Default question

Is there a way to tell which model a brushless motor is by the serial number? I bought a Novak brushless motor but the sticker was removed. If it's possible I will PM the serial number to you. Thanks in advance.
Rookie4life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:46 AM
  #5329  
The Evicerator
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

Rookie,

Go ahead and send it to me and I will see what I can do for you!
Steve Weiss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:50 AM
  #5330  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
DavidAlford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,151
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

How's Halo?
DavidAlford is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:22 PM
  #5331  
Tech Addict
 
Sleighty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 568
Default

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
mshap,

When compared to the standard rotor I would probably turn the drag brake down from wherever you had it before.

Most guys are running drag brake settings 1 (off), 2, or 3... it really depends on the driver's preference or the track conditions.

Also, some guys have been playing around with the minimum drive as well. Most people use setting 1 for the smoothest possible response but if you feel like you need a little bit more snap off the bottom try settings 2 or 3.

Cookie,

Most of the guys ran their GTBs with pretty much the default settings which are now 1% minimum drive and their preference of drag brake which is anywhere from 6-9%.

Some of the guys run negative expo in throttle...anywhere up to 20%... on the brake side some guys run up to 30% negative expo.

Toso ran a Novak 4.5 turn with a 13.0 mm rotor

Ciccarello ran a Novak 4.5 with a 12.3 mm rotor.

Barry was running a Checkpoint (Feigao) brushless motor and I don't really have too many details on the motor itself... they are very secretive over there
Did Toso run this with 6 cells or 5?


thanks
Sleighty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:34 PM
  #5332  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 137
Default

Steve-

do you have any GTB setups that theteam used for 1/12th. Also do you know which rotor was used and what type motor. Any other helpfull tips and why was there a picture of all those rotors at the Novak table. Where you replacing rotors often?

Thanks
cookie1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:44 PM
  #5333  
Tech Master
 
DRAG_ON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ibanez,Cort,Yamaha
Posts: 1,783
Default

Steve is it save to use GTB ESC with any other BL motor brand ?
DRAG_ON is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:24 PM
  #5334  
The Evicerator
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

That setup was 4 cell for his 1/12 car

Originally Posted by Sleighty View Post
Did Toso run this with 6 cells or 5?


thanks
Steve Weiss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:26 PM
  #5335  
The Evicerator
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

Um...I already answered most of the already in one of my posts just above!

The rotors that we had out on the table were simply the 12.3 mm rotors that came with the motors... we usually replaced those with the 13.0 mm rotors just for tuning purposes...not that the 12.3 mm rotors were bad or anything

Originally Posted by cookie1 View Post
Steve-

do you have any GTB setups that theteam used for 1/12th. Also do you know which rotor was used and what type motor. Any other helpfull tips and why was there a picture of all those rotors at the Novak table. Where you replacing rotors often?

Thanks
Steve Weiss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:13 AM
  #5336  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 156
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default sintered rotor

thanks for your reply marvin
mshap33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:21 AM
  #5337  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 137
Default

oops sorry for the double request. thnaks for the info...
cookie1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:17 PM
  #5338  
Tech Addict
 
Sleighty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 568
Default

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
That setup was 4 cell for his 1/12 car
Doh'

Any idea what people ran on throttle and brake expo for mod touring car either foam or rubber?

Should help me as i dont feel im really getting the most out of my settings on ESC's and on my transmitter
Sleighty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:13 PM
  #5339  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,262
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Hey Steve, I'm running a GTB in my 4 wheel buggy and the the stock fan fell apart and stoped working so I replaced it with a Muchmore fan and that one came apart to but it snapped back together. Have team drivers had this problem and can I just install it upside down to hopefully keep it together?

Thanks,
Scott B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:24 PM
  #5340  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 137
Default

ok here is another question? did you run any of the "Light" Velociti series motors at the IIC? thanks
cookie1 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service