R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2005, 02:14 PM   #1966
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

So now you've gone from All Knowing Stevil to Steve Almighty?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:22 PM   #1967
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

Yes, I am getting rid of unneccessary words... soon I will just be known as ...

Steve
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- 1UP Racing -- ActivRC -- P1 BRAND -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:54 PM   #1968
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the burbs of detroit
Posts: 882
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evicerator
Yes, I am getting rid of unneccessary words... soon I will just be known as ...

Steve

Then a week later it will be.....St
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:15 PM   #1969
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evicerator
Who wants to be Moses??
Heck no...He got stuck out in the wilderness cause he smight the rock twice...
After all he did...sheesh....Smight a rock...Stuck outside while everyone else gets to enjoy the milk and honey...
Please notice that I will not answer the egg question to the fact it may cause a great big ripple in this thread and make people upset...

Thank You and Good Day.....
-SHookie <><
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:33 PM   #1970
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Can I just call you S?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:17 PM   #1971
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 775
Default

Wow........
Graphitedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:27 AM   #1972
Tech Master
 
Doug D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Steve - Can the Schottky Motor Module #5636 be used in place of the Power Capacitor for the GTX????

Thanks.
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:34 AM   #1973
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

If a tree falls in the woods, does it still make a sound?

I say no. It will produce sound waves, but I think sound is a perception and needs a receiver, i.e. a person's ear, to perceive it.

Discuss...
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:44 AM   #1974
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

Doug,

A schottky Diode and a power cap perform two totally separate functions. They are both recommended!
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- 1UP Racing -- ActivRC -- P1 BRAND -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:53 AM   #1975
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

A Schottky keeps voltage from going back into the ESC (I believe) under braking and a power cap stores voltage to supply to the ESC when the motor is drawing more under acceleration.

Stevil, correct me if I'm wrong.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:55 AM   #1976
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,853
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
If a tree falls in the woods, does it still make a sound?

I say no. It will produce sound waves, but I think sound is a perception and needs a receiver, i.e. a person's ear, to perceive it.

Discuss...
A person's ear? I would think that any creature in nature will be able to preceive the sound therefore......the falling tree does make a sound.

The bigger question is did the tree falling scare the poo out of the Bear? Therein proving or disproving the question, Does a Bear poo in the woods?
__________________
SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:02 AM   #1977
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

Jon, you're right about the schottky. Whenever you let off the throttle or hit the breaks, the motor acts like a generator and can send current backwards through the wires to the ESC. Generally this harms the ESC's components over time and that is why we always recommend the use of a schottky diode on the motor.

As far as the cap is concerned, the extra storage you get out of it is a sort of by product of having a cap but is not the main reason we recommend using one. When ESCs switch very quickly the battery voltage "ripples" up and down and this can cause the ESC to heat up for various reasons. Having a cap helps smooth out these ripples and helps keep the ESC running cooler.
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- 1UP Racing -- ActivRC -- P1 BRAND -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #1978
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
A person's ear? I would think that any creature in nature will be able to preceive the sound therefore......the falling tree does make a sound.

The bigger question is did the tree falling scare the poo out of the Bear? Therein proving or disproving the question, Does a Bear poo in the woods?
OK, I should have said any creatures ear.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:04 AM   #1979
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evicerator
Jon, you're right about the schottky. Whenever you let off the throttle or hit the breaks, the motor acts like a generator and can send current backwards through the wires to the ESC. Generally this harms the ESC's components over time and that is why we always recommend the use of a schottky diode on the motor.

As far as the cap is concerned, the extra storage you get out of it is a sort of by product of having a cap but is not the main reason we recommend using one. When ESCs switch very quickly the battery voltage "ripples" up and down and this can cause the ESC to heat up for various reasons. Having a cap helps smooth out these ripples and helps keep the ESC running cooler.
I stand corrected.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:56 AM   #1980
Tech Adept
 
RPage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 195
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Mr. Evicerator - Enough of the H, WWSD?
RPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
STUFF FOR SALE """"LQQK """" EZRC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 03-13-2007 07:20 PM
"""NEW""" Collari .21 3 port buggy motor lc21-b3 goneRVing R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 12-20-2006 06:25 PM
STUFF FOR SALE """"LQQK """" EZRC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 10-22-2006 09:49 PM
""" XRAY FK05 """ excellent cond/super clean/stock evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-29-2006 10:04 PM
Let's send Steve Weiss (Evicerator) to Cleveland!!! TeamButter Electric On-Road 8 11-02-2004 11:32 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:27 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net