R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-03-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Questions?? what to get?

hi there
i am new to the rc scene, i have a lot of experience with slotcar racing though. im thinking of going racing and want somehting thats not overly expencive but reasonable for price. i have spotted this on a website and would like your opinon. Tamiya Takata NSX 2008 TB03

thanks guys
grandtorino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandtorino92 View Post
hi there
i am new to the rc scene, i have a lot of experience with slotcar racing though. im thinking of going racing and want somehting thats not overly expencive but reasonable for price. i have spotted this on a website and would like your opinon. Tamiya Takata NSX 2008 TB03

thanks guys
Fastest way to find out what to get is find your nearest track and get an idea of what classes they offer. The people who race locally can give you all the information you need regarding a good setup for that location. It will save you money in the long run vs. buying a car that may not fit any of the classes at the track you will be running.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Fastest way to find out what to get is find your nearest track and get an idea of what classes they offer. The people who race locally can give you all the information you need regarding a good setup for that location. It will save you money in the long run vs. buying a car that may not fit any of the classes at the track you will be running.

Well said !!!! and good advice

Adding to that, don't just take the advice of the guy behind the counter at some retail hobby shop either. Ask the racers or do some research on what cars are well supported locally. Buying a top of the line chassis to race an entry level class or spec classes like GT or VTA just isn't smart spending. WAY too many good cars out there in the used market for that.

On that note, unless you plan on trying to jump head long into some rediculously fast top level class, the TB03 is a great chassis with plenty of parts support online. Be careful though, many shops do NOT stock Tamiya parts so understand what you'll need to do in order to keep it running.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote