R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #61
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
From a previous post.

This is what you'll need for a t bar version of the car. Just went through and knowing what you need from an xray 12 link car and what the t bar exploded veiw does not have, I put together the list. I didn't bother with hardware.

XRA373090 pivot socket
XRA371190 side links
XRA303241 pivot balls
XRA376360 Standoffs
XRA373590 plastic spacer
XRA376350 Graphite antenna holder (or not if you don't intend to use normal battery position)
Thanks for your help
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #62
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
From a previous post.

This is what you'll need for a t bar version of the car. Just went through and knowing what you need from an xray 12 link car and what the t bar exploded veiw does not have, I put together the list. I didn't bother with hardware.

XRA373090 pivot socket
XRA371190 side links
XRA303241 pivot balls
XRA376360 Standoffs
XRA373590 plastic spacer
XRA376350 Graphite antenna holder (or not if you don't intend to use normal battery position)




what's the pivot ball parts numbers for the side links? or size?

got it

Last edited by OVA; 08-19-2011 at 08:20 PM.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #63
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

One thing I would reconmend is using the Associated R5 center football and pivot socket. The xray one is very good for 1 battery. Then it gets slop in it and is not adjustable. The AE one is a direct fit and is adjustable for the tension on the ball.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #64
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
One thing I would reconmend is using the Associated R5 center football and pivot socket. The xray one is very good for 1 battery. Then it gets slop in it and is not adjustable. The AE one is a direct fit and is adjustable for the tension on the ball.

EA
it is good to know..thanks
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #65
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Screw holes with flash, the quality must improve, no other major problems.
Running so far so good.
Attached Thumbnails
SpeedMerchant X-Ray 12 Conversion-6061229652_9cace4198c_o.jpg  
bearwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #66
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearwu View Post
Screw holes with flash, the quality must improve, no other major problems.
Running so far so good.

Nice kit.

I would recommend unbinding the motor wires.
You want that pod as free as possible
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #67
Tech Adept
 
SpeedMerchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Gray View Post
Driva!!!

New car looks dialed Bruce. Good work as always.

"Retired & Washed Up."

Use to be sponsored by: Team Losi, Peak Racing, Team Orion, JACO, Novak, Protoform, Parma, The Track, Lunsford, JR Propo, Spektrum, JAF Raceway, Br00d, Mc$ Designs.com, Team Cypress, Speedmerchant, Vinyl Grarhics Unlimited, Chewy Designs.
Thanks Driva,

You maybe retired...but you'll never be washed up.

Hope you and the family are doing great.

Take care.-Bruce
SpeedMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:27 AM   #68
Tech Adept
 
SpeedMerchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post

Nice kit.

I would recommend unbinding the motor wires.
You want that pod as free as possible
Agreed. Nice looking, clean layout. Just get rid of the tie wrap on the motor wires.

Take care.-Bruce
SpeedMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #69
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Any more good news or set up about this car over the weekend?
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #70
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

What up with the sales service department?
I mail ordered last week wed. and 4 four later email them about my order is being in processes..and heard nothing from them...That's suck
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:18 AM   #71
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I have the conversion kit, I want to know how do you attach the shock brace to the chassis? didn't get any screws or hardward I was thinking of using the hardware from the rear brace on the original kit.
gofasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #72
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hi Eddy,

Yes that is exactly correct. There are 3 spacers included as well. With the old stock standoff from your kit with one on each side and one under the ballstud above the shock brace.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #73
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelV View Post
Hi Eddy,

Yes that is exactly correct. There are 3 spacers included as well. With the old stock standoff from your kit with one on each side and one under the ballstud above the shock brace.
Thank you, I was thinking what were those spacers for.
gofasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #74
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Almost done ...

Last edited by OVA; 09-21-2011 at 08:12 PM.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #75
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

All Done ,ready to ROCK

SpeedMerchant X-Ray 12 Conversion-xray-conversion-12th-scale-001.jpg

SpeedMerchant X-Ray 12 Conversion-xray-conversion-12th-scale-002.jpg
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:11 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net