R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #46
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #47
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

question it's the conversion kit for the xray 12th scale are longer wheel base or wider than the stock?
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:51 PM   #48
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
question it's the conversion kit for the xray 12th scale are longer wheel base or wider than the stock?
Both
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:19 AM   #49
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

both
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #50
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelV View Post
both
How much longer?
it worth to get the conversion over stock?
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #51
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
How much longer?
it worth to get the conversion over stock?
Not only the width and wb are nice changes that settle the car, but all the other changes definately make it a all around worth while change over the stock car.

The upper motor pod plate makes for more space for brushless wires. It also changes the shock mount point which smooths the car and gets the shock more into the proper part of the stroke, not bottomed or toped out anymore.

Changing the tweak springs, taking them off the same point as the link at the back seems to make the car respond better.

The side dampners are much better than the side shock as well.

The whole conversion has really changed the car for the better. BTW Nice job Bruce.

I only hope the WGT kit does the same for the car.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #52
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Not only the width and wb are nice changes that settle the car, but all the other changes definately make it a all around worth while change over the stock car.

The upper motor pod plate makes for more space for brushless wires. It also changes the shock mount point which smooths the car and gets the shock more into the proper part of the stroke, not bottomed or toped out anymore.

Changing the tweak springs, taking them off the same point as the link at the back seems to make the car respond better.

The side dampners are much better than the side shock as well.

The whole conversion has really changed the car for the better. BTW Nice job Bruce.

I only hope the WGT kit does the same for the car.
I do agreed everything you said.. Thanks
Now has anyones got one running on the carpet track?
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #53
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
I do agreed everything you said.. Thanks
Now has anyones got one running on the carpet track?

I've done one run after conversion. This car shows to be very flat, fast transitions, very easy to drive hard. The change in feel from the old car to this one is well worth the money. I usually have limited expectations for first time out test drives, but honestly, this car felt really nice in about 3 laps, and I haven't driven 12th in over a year now. Its a very nice alternative to the other polar battery mount cars. On carpet.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:34 PM   #54
Tech Adept
 
SpeedMerchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Not only the width and wb are nice changes that settle the car, but all the other changes definately make it a all around worth while change over the stock car.

The upper motor pod plate makes for more space for brushless wires. It also changes the shock mount point which smooths the car and gets the shock more into the proper part of the stroke, not bottomed or toped out anymore.

Changing the tweak springs, taking them off the same point as the link at the back seems to make the car respond better.

The side dampners are much better than the side shock as well.

The whole conversion has really changed the car for the better. BTW Nice job Bruce.

I only hope the WGT kit does the same for the car.
Thanks Driva.

Glad you're having fun.

Honestly, nothing but 100% positive response to the conversion from customers.

Let's start getting some set-ups posted by you fast guys to help the others get going.

Take care.-Bruce
SpeedMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #55
Tech Addict
 
Andrew Gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Fairfield, Pennsylvania
Posts: 551
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Driva!!!

New car looks dialed Bruce. Good work as always.
__________________
Retired & Washed Up. TLR Supporter For Life
Andrew Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #56
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
I've done one run after conversion. This car shows to be very flat, fast transitions, very easy to drive hard. The change in feel from the old car to this one is well worth the money. I usually have limited expectations for first time out test drives, but honestly, this car felt really nice in about 3 laps, and I haven't driven 12th in over a year now. Its a very nice alternative to the other polar battery mount cars. On carpet.
Question
Are you running stock or mod 12th?
thanks excellent feedback
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #57
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedMerchant View Post
Thanks Driva.

Glad you're having fun.

Honestly, nothing but 100% positive response to the conversion from customers.

Let's start getting some set-ups posted by you fast guys to help the others get going.

Take care.-Bruce
1+
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #58
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Question
Are you running stock or mod 12th?
thanks excellent feedback
10.5 boosted at the moment.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #59
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
10.5 boosted at the moment.
Thanks for getting back to me ..
I have the xray t-bar pan car and what other things or part I needs to get to complete my car?
I still have my old speedmerchant rev 5 ..thnaks
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #60
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Thanks for getting back to me ..
I have the xray t-bar pan car and what other things or part I needs to get to complete my car?
I still have my old speedmerchant rev 5 ..thnaks
From a previous post.

This is what you'll need for a t bar version of the car. Just went through and knowing what you need from an xray 12 link car and what the t bar exploded veiw does not have, I put together the list. I didn't bother with hardware.

XRA373090 pivot socket
XRA371190 side links
XRA303241 pivot balls
XRA376360 Standoffs
XRA373590 plastic spacer
XRA376350 Graphite antenna holder (or not if you don't intend to use normal battery position)
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:07 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net