Search
Like Tree60Likes

VBC D10

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 02:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Default VBC D10

here it is!

with a lot of option parts and spare parts such as a 2. set of dampers and aluminum-chassis includet

Red RC ? RC Car News » VBC Racing WildFire D10 touring car
Old 10-02-2017, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomTurbo
here it is!

with a lot of option parts and spare parts such as a 2. set of dampers and aluminum-chassis includet

Red RC ? RC Car News » VBC Racing WildFire D10 touring car
looks like they copied the front steering design from Schumacher . but the rear arms are design to use the ARS system
Old 10-02-2017, 06:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
looks like they copied the front steering design from Schumacher
exactly what i thought!
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Ok I'll bite, what's so revolutionary about the steering assembly?? The Carbon fibre steering arms? That's been done before, the rack looks the same as every other rack. I don't see something revolutionary is the steering, what am I missing?
Old 10-02-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Another very nice update to the Wildfire from VBC.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

It looks like it uses the same arms front and rear.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:41 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Looks good. My biggest concerns are:
-The stack height out of the top off the steering knuckle. There will be a lot of leverage on that.
-with no more c-hub to limit how far the steering block can rotate, will the axles become bent/broken from crashes on tracks made with clik-trak walls? This has been an issue with schumacher cars at my track since there is nothing to limit how far a front wheel can move in an impact.
I'm on the fence about ordering one due to these reasons. Once they are out for a few weeks and some real world reviews are available, I'll make my decision. I currently own 5 vbc touring cars, and it would be nice to add a 6th to the fleet!
Professor likes this.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DBM
-The stack height out of the top off the steering knuckle. There will be a lot of leverage on that.
-with no more c-hub to limit how far the steering block can rotate, will the axles become bent/broken from crashes on tracks made with clik-trak walls? This has been an issue with schumacher cars at my track since there is nothing to limit how far a front wheel can move in an impact.
I'm on the fence about ordering one due to these reasons. Once they are out for a few weeks and some real world reviews are available, I'll make my decision. I currently own 5 vbc touring cars, and it would be nice to add a 6th to the fleet!
the Schumacher has been running with out caster blocks( just the micro caster block) in the front since the MI5 and continues with the MI6Evo and it works very well

Old 10-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Front and rear arms are the same.
so using ARS in the rear is easy.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DBM
They never broke on me with the mi5 and evo ,also if the arms aren’t to different to the red dots and can take a normal c hub then if it is a problem u can retro fit c hubs that’s what I thought when I saw them
It’s if the micro c Hub is same shape as a normal c Hun at the bottom
ASM and Marcos.J like this.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Tech Initiate

sorry guys, my fault... you get a 2nd set of springs with the kit and not shocks!
Old 10-03-2017, 11:29 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tcboy1983
They never broke on me with the mi5 and evo ,also if the arms aren’t to different to the red dots and can take a normal c hub then if it is a problem u can retro fit c hubs that’s what I thought when I saw them
It’s if the micro c Hub is same shape as a normal c Hun at the bottom
The schumacher hubs are taller and therefore see less stress/leverage compared to the vbc since the vbc uses a tall stack of hardware. This will be a non issue if the new plastics are tough enough.
I have seen a lot of bent mi6evo axles though. The d10 has a steering limiter built into the rack which may prevent bent axles, but limiting throw via the rack will put a lot of stress on the tie rods. I'd upgrade those to titanium.
It does indeed look like the front end can be converted back to c-hubs, but it would be nice if that wasn't necessary.
Great value in this kit (as usual from vbc). I'll probably end up with one sooner than later.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DBM
The schumacher hubs are taller and therefore see less stress/leverage compared to the vbc since the vbc uses a tall stack of hardware. This will be a non issue if the new plastics are tough enough.
I have seen a lot of bent mi6evo axles though. The d10 has a steering limiter built into the rack which may prevent bent axles, but limiting throw via the rack will put a lot of stress on the tie rods. I'd upgrade those to titanium.
It does indeed look like the front end can be converted back to c-hubs, but it would be nice if that wasn't necessary.
Great value in this kit (as usual from vbc). I'll probably end up with one sooner than later.
Hmm really I haven't had a bent axle since the MI3.5
Old 10-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

I never had an issue with the Mi5 but Mugen definitely took care of that problem with super solid stops built into the knuckles and the aluminum micro hub. Nevertheless, this D10 includes every hop up/option plus VBC somehow makes each Wildfire look even more sick than the last. My brother just ordered one but we are going to arm wrestle for it and I've been working out
Old 10-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Hmm, no pics yet of the included aluminum chassis - maybe dual anodized like Roche?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.