Search
Like Tree94Likes

Classic 1/12th

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V12
No I won´t run them. I´m just glad I got these cars but we have no classics racing here. Also 1/12th racing is very limited to just a few races and will stop now as the outdoor season will begin.
If I race 1/12th then this is with my BMI DB12RR, all other cars are just for the shelf and enjoying what had been engineered in the past.
LOL I just about in the same situation. Just picked up a BMI DB12R also. However it still needs some parts to complete because it was a partial roller. The summer season is about to kick up so I'll be spending time outdoor with my 1/8 Serpent. Looking to pick up parts for the BMI along the way to have it completed by winter(Its a slow project plan).

Bakaguyjean - I have the body shell for the Ashura. Its painted and decaled and in fair to good condition. If someone can tell me how to back pour the body without damaging it, I'd be willing to give it a try to get a mold for new vac forms.
Here'a pic off the net.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
This is easily the coolest thread EVER on this site!!!

Bud brought that car to the US Indoor Champs, last year, or the year before. Ahhh, nostalgia. Who remembers TEAC, and Tigermilk?
Here are some pictures of Bud's Parma Euro Panther that won the 84 stock worlds. I picked it from Bud in Dec of 09 for my collection. along with the car bud sent me some Photo copied articales and the acutal timing computer print out from the 84 worlds A Main. I think the 84 world was the first time they used the computer to count laps. Here are some pictures of the car.
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-102_8615.jpg   Classic 1/12th-102_8616.jpg   Classic 1/12th-102_8617.jpg  
Old 05-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
Personally, I always loved the Corally front beam.
It was always stable. At least on carpet.
+1

Originally Posted by YR4Dude

Here's pic off the net.
Nice picture !

I wonder which of the two offers the most downforce...
Old 05-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zoomster
Love the old stuff,all this brings back good times when I was young now 46 and still enjoy my 1/12th,seeing this stuff makes me feel sad that I did not keep my old stuff,when you move around it all seem to disappear.
+1

I let go of my rc12L club racer 8 - 9 years ago for $50.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Older GTP bodies beat today's 1/12 bodies hands down.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

That Hirobo limited is sweet, love the authentic wheels.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superspeed
Older GTP bodies beat today's 1/12 bodies hands down.

I agree with you a 1000%, but have you tried to use one of the older bodies against newer bodies in a fast class. No contest, newer bodies will always win. I would love for the TOJ to be used again.

Steve
Old 05-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

I have a couple of brand new Sarak Toj bodyshells that I was going to try out on my car this weekend. I'll let you know who it goes! Oh, and if anyone's intrested in trying one out for themselves, call Wim at Action Model Centre here in the UK, as he has a big stack of them in his van! Cheers, Chris.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

A few years ago I tried a Nissan P35 back to back with a Speed12. I wasn't even funny, I didn't run the whole 8 minutes with the P35 and pulled out early.

But boy was there room under the nissan shell with a neat and tidy radio setup done for the speed12 !

I do like the old looks, though. I have a grey Jerobee chassis that I totally hacked when I was kid ( no idea what I was doing back then).It has a overhanging motor behind the rear axle, and no diff . Spur is 32dp. I'll eventually renew it a little and run it since it's far from a shelf queen and I have lots of glued tires for the car. I got it with machined aluminium rear wheels, they bend easily but look super cool. I'll be sure to post pictures here when(if) I ever get a digital camera.

Check out www.overrc.com for super clean resto's of old 1/12 stuff. Ayk, Delta, Schum...
Old 05-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heretic
A few years ago I tried a Nissan P35 back to back with a Speed12. I wasn't even funny, I didn't run the whole 8 minutes with the P35 and pulled out early.

But boy was there room under the nissan shell with a neat and tidy radio setup done for the speed12 !

I do like the old looks, though. I have a grey Jerobee chassis that I totally hacked when I was kid ( no idea what I was doing back then).It has a overhanging motor behind the rear axle, and no diff . Spur is 32dp. I'll eventually renew it a little and run it since it's far from a shelf queen and I have lots of glued tires for the car. I got it with machined aluminium rear wheels, they bend easily but look super cool. I'll be sure to post pictures here when(if) I ever get a digital camera.

Check out www.overrc.com for super clean resto's of old 1/12 stuff. Ayk, Delta, Schum...
I don't know about the Protoform P35, but the Fast Fashion Nissan GTP-ZX Turbo body still works well for 17.5

Old 05-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I don't know about the Protoform P35, but the Fast Fashion Nissan GTP-ZX Turbo body still works well for 17.5

LOL I haven't seen Fast Fashion since 1988. Are those bodies still being sold? I know David Berger (one of the creators) is still around racing RC every now and then.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:53 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clinehobbies
Here are some pictures of Bud's Parma Euro Panther that won the 84 stock worlds. I picked it from Bud in Dec of 09 for my collection. along with the car bud sent me some Photo copied articales and the acutal timing computer print out from the 84 worlds A Main. I think the 84 world was the first time they used the computer to count laps. Here are some pictures of the car.
damn sweet indeed. to think a couple names on that list are still poundin around almost 30yrs later. sure rick howart will find this thread and quickly rememberin his name up near the sharp end of that result.

R
Old 05-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

LOL I haven't seen Fast Fashion since 1988. Are those bodies still being sold? I know David Berger (one of the creators) is still around racing RC every now and then.

RedbullFiXX is Dave Berger, and those pictures were from last years Nats at Norcal I believe, and I was there to see it.

Steve
Old 05-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default I know a few...

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Who remembers TEAC?
Dosie, his highschool girlfriend and Dave Pulfer.

Easily one of the best stories I've ever heard!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bakaguyjean - I have the body shell for the Ashura. Its painted and decaled and in fair to good condition. If someone can tell me how to back pour the body without damaging it, I'd be willing to give it a try to get a mold for new vac forms.
I dont think it would be a very good idea to even try with your body,just to be safe. It diffenently wouldnt leave it un touched trying to copy it. The Tamiya Tom`s body is different but it is modeled after the same car,so it not to far off on looks if you want something to run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.