Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree94Likes

Classic 1/12th

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I recently bought a Team Associated RC12i with the mono shock front end that had never been assembled. I do plan on running it at some point but not too often. I will post a picture when it gets finished.

Cool thread!!

Steve
Old 04-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
So Im guessing Im the only person that actually runs classic 1/12th on this board. Collecting is fine but I is there anybody that still runs thier cars?
I recently ran one of my SP12G's, with a 4 cell NiMh and a 13x2. And to be honest, it ran really, really well! I thought I'd try it out, just for a bit of fun and it really suprised me how good it was

Here's a pic of the bare chassis (with the axle from my 12X):

And although it's not a 12th car, I thought I'd add a pic of my Corally SP10VN for you guys to look at:

Old 04-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

My first was the Trinity Revolver 12 then I moved on to the RC12LS or was it the LW? Whichever one came first. I still have an old DA Graphite balsa core chassis for the RC12LS/W around somewhere.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I still run my old rc12I here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-100_0492.jpg   Classic 1/12th-100_0494.jpg   Classic 1/12th-100_0496.jpg  
Old 04-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clinehobbies
That's Awesome, Cline Hobbies. Man our indoor season just ended, now I will need to wait about 6 months before I run my 12i

Does anybody have any of the small 1/12th scale driver figures for sale, or know where to get one?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingman2
I recently ran one of my SP12G's, with a 4 cell NiMh and a 13x2. And to be honest, it ran really, really well! I thought I'd try it out, just for a bit of fun and it really suprised me how good it was
Thats what im talking about, Most older chassis cars are not that bad.Did you just swap the whole rear axle?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by clinehobbies
This is nice also,how do you run it motor an battery wise? Have you looked into RC 4 less wheels? I have been wondering if they will fit the RC12I without any mods.

Last edited by bakaguyjean; 04-29-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: more questions
Old 04-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Thats what im talking about, Most older chassis cars are not that bad.Did you just swap the whole rear axle?
Yes mate, I have plenty of 'US' wheels/tyres so just used a couple of sets of them (with the front US wheel converters from my Pro10 car).
Old 05-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I'll try to post some pics.

Here's a list of what I have:

Kyosho Fantom Mk2 (runner)
Kyosho Plazma Mk2 (dis-assembled)
Kyosho Plazma Mk3 (used roller; several)
Kyosho Axis EX (Built never ran)
Kyosho Impress NIB
Hirobo Ashura (1 roller, 1 runner)
AYK Cyclone (dis-assembled, need chassis plates)

Not quite so vintage:
Kawada M300RSX, RSW, and SX
Old 05-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I'll try to post some pics.

Here's a list of what I have:

Kyosho Fantom Mk2 (runner)
Kyosho Plazma Mk2 (dis-assembled)
Kyosho Plazma Mk3 (used roller; several)
Kyosho Axis EX (Built never ran)
Kyosho Impress NIB
Hirobo Ashura (1 roller, 1 runner)
AYK Cyclone (dis-assembled, need chassis plates)

Not quite so vintage:
Kawada M300RSX, RSW, and SX
Thats a nice list,I might as well list my cars that are runners.
Kyosho Plazma MK2
Kyosho Impress X2 one with the carpet kit
Kyosho Fanthom MK1
Abc Carrera
Abc Spark
These are the cars that I have that are runners,I like my Plazma the best as it now has a ball diff so I dont have to search for wheels as often.

For your Cyclone I should be able to dig up dimentions for the chassis plates.If you want to cut your own. If I had more money I would be running my Ayk RX3000 but as far a classic goes here Ayk is the most popular/expensive in Japan.
Let me know if you need the plate sizes.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
How has Bob Stormer not posted in this thread yet?

I'll find cool threads sooner or later.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Tech Elite

Leisure 100se, Ruled Thorp Raceway in 1978.

on the box, it says, "first electric to break 2 minutes on the famous Thorp Road course".

You just don't get cool advertising like that today.

I've never driven this one, it's new in the box. Although, to my credit, or discredit as the case may be.... I'm willing to, and generally do, build new in the box old cars. New in the box doesn't mean much to me. I don't want to look at the box or hope to flip it one day and make a few bucks. I want to hold the old cars and feel them and imagine the scenarios that lead to their designs. And be able to hand them to other people and give them a small, brief, picture of the past. You don't get that from a dusty box. Although I understand why people do it. My wife likes to kid around that it's my personal goal to buy back every single car we've ever sold... ...lol... I kid her back, that You forum guys will know if I die when you see a ridiculous amount of vintage cars on eBay with my wife as the seller. haha!

I love 'em all, I think they're just magnificent. Each and every one of them puts a smile on my face for one reason or another.
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-leisure_100se.jpg  

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 05-02-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Alright, this just got a bit more fun. I was carefully putting the car back in the box, and I realized that the newspaper in it was actually put their by Leisure, back in the day, as packing material.

The paper is called the Daily Pilot and is presently located in Costa Mesa. Leisure was in Irvine.

Before we had bubble wrap and packing peanuts, the factorys used newspaper on RTR kits. or at least Leisure did. Never occured to me to look at the packing paper before. fun!
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-leisure_100se_2.jpg   Classic 1/12th-leisure_100se_3.jpg   Classic 1/12th-leisure_100se_4.jpg  
Old 05-02-2011, 03:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Leisure 100se, Ruled Thorp Raceway in 1978.

on the box, it says, "first electric to break 2 minutes on the famous Thorp Road course".

You just don't get cool advertising like that today.

I've never driven this one, it's new in the box. Although, to my credit, or discredit as the case may be.... I'm willing to, and generally do, build new in the box old cars. New in the box doesn't mean much to me. I don't want to look at the box or hope to flip it one day and make a few bucks. I want to hold the old cars and feel them and imagine the scenarios that lead to their designs. And be able to hand them to other people and give them a small, brief, picture of the past. You don't get that from a dusty box. Although I understand why people do it. My wife likes to kid around that it's my personal goal to buy back every single car we've ever sold... ...lol... I kid her back, that You forum guys will know if I die when you see a ridiculous amount of vintage cars on eBay with my wife as the seller. haha!

I love 'em all, I think they're just magnificent. Each and every one of them puts a smile on my face for one reason or another.
I feel the same way about NIB,its fine for somebody else but I enjoy running them more than looking at bits in a box.Most 1/12th scale cars have something intersting about them to me and find them most enjoyable.Any tips or ideas are of course welcome.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

I feel the same way about NIB,its fine for somebody else but I enjoy running them more than looking at bits in a box.Most 1/12th scale cars have something intersting about them to me and find them most enjoyable.Any tips or ideas are of course welcome.
I don't run them, much if ever, but I've been toying with the idea more and more. But I agree, it's more fun to take them out of the box and have a look. maybe fix some loose wires, tidy things up, polish off some surface rust if it's there, maybe oil a few things.

That said, I have that same leisure car (shown above) in an un-opened box. It said "green corvette" on it. I saw what the red one looked like when I opened it, so I never opened this green one.

All the handwriting on the box was done at the factory to describe the contents of the box. Still legible nearly 33 years later. That's cool.
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-leisure_100se_5.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.